16mm film duplication

shaolin swords

Question

shaolin swords

any one on here got any experience with 16mm films just curious was thinking on getting my music video project on 16mm film i hit up a whole bunch of places looking to get digital file to 16mm film duplicated for reasonable price i do not know much about this format but the prices are extremely expensive any body on here ever had this done  before just trying every where i can think of for advice because am new to this format 

3 answers to this question

KenHashibe
Posted (edited)

There’s a company in London called CPC London Film Lab. They strike film prints from digital files. I haven’t worked with them myself, but I know someone who has. A filmmaker from LA named Drew Hanks got a feature printed from them, and he said it was cheaper than any other place in LA, despite him having to ship his hard drive over and getting the film shipped to him from London. Unfortunately, not sure if they do 16mm or only 35mm prints. Seems their website is under construction but you can maybe reach out through Instagram. Hope this helps!

Edited by KenHashibe
  • Like 1

shaolin swords
34 minutes ago, KenHashibe said:

There’s a company in London called CPC London Film Lab. They strike film prints from digital files. I haven’t worked with them myself, but I know someone who has. A filmmaker from LA named Drew Hanks got a feature printed from them, and he said it was cheaper than any other place in LA, despite him having to ship his hard drive over and getting the film shipped to him from London. Unfortunately, not sure if they do 16mm or only 35mm prints. Seems their website is under construction but you can maybe reach out through Instagram. Hope this helps!

thanks so much for the info that definitely helped i appreciate that i been in  talks with a lot of different companies am def going to check that out see if i can find that on instagram thanks so much keep the suggestings coming 

shaolin swords

@KenHashibe i just clicked on the link to there website and it says 404 gone message so i guess maybe they want out of business ? thanks for the info any way