The Weird Man first, not Chinese Super Ninjas?

Guest Ching li

Guest Ching li

I always wondered why celestial pictures released The Weird Man first, a rather obscured film instead of the well known Chinese Super Ninjas. Any thoughts?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest venomchamber

Other than the inaugural releases, it appears they randomly remastered whatever reels they found in no particular order other than the order they retrieved them from the vault.

Guest silver hermit

what i hear from celestial is "we cannot give out the good titles first"

alot of people think they don't have a clue, they know what we want and they do they know exactly what they are doing and why. >:

Guest venomchamber

I like it, but it is not one of my personal favorite Chang Cheh films from the period like 5 Element Ninja, Crippled Avengers and Flag Of Iron are.

(I'm biased because I like all Shaw films regardless...you gotta love those sets!) ;)

More interesting that exciting and definitely worth a look if you've never seen it.

It serves as Chang's evolutionary missing link between his wu-xia and "venom-fu" stuff like Ode To Gallantry & 5EN and his supernatural stuff like The 9 Demons and Attack Of The Joy Goddess

It appears he used mysticism as a way to clear the pallet so to speak as he did this earlier when he went from David Chiang/Ti Lung capers of the early '70s to Na-Cha & The Fantastic Magic Baby in the mid-70s to Fu Sheng/Venoms mob kung-fu movies in the late '70s.

Guest Feng Gang

After I saw Weird Man I was pissed. All I knew was that it was based around "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" and it had a nice cover (lol... don't laugh). I loved the movie til Ricky came jumping around in his draws (read:underwear). I think it could have been decent if they switched around some characters, changed some costumes, and cut out that red light green light @#%$.

Archived