The Exorcism (2024) Russell Crowe

AlbertV

AlbertV

Russell Crowe plays an actor on the verge of a comeback by starring as a priest in a new supernatural horror film. However, his demons come back to haunt him, prompting his daughter to find out if it is him or something more sinister. The film is directed by Joshua John Miller, who is best known for his stint as a child actor in the 1980s in films like Near Dark, Teen Witch, and Class of 1999The film comes out tomorrow in the UK. 

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw
1 minute ago, AlbertV said:

Russell Crowe plays an actor on the verge of a comeback by starring as a priest in a new supernatural horror film. However, his demons come back to haunt him, prompting his daughter to find out if it is him or something more sinister. The film is directed by Joshua John Miller, who is best known for his stint as a child actor in the 1980s in films like Near Dark, Teen Witch, and Class of 1999The film comes out tomorrow in the UK. 

Looks meh but I'll still watch it probably. :D

Also I wonder if the devil likes tossed salads and scrambled eggs?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952hhvmtixd2nopy0lfy3f

:P

AlbertV
On 6/20/2024 at 11:09 AM, PandaPawPaw said:

Looks meh but I'll still watch it probably. :D

Also I wonder if the devil likes tossed salads and scrambled eggs?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952hhvmtixd2nopy0lfy3f

:P

LOL...under certain lighting he looks like his former on-screen brother. The movie has a slow burn then about an hour into the film, it really amps up. I enjoyed it for what it was. 

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

So I gave this a watch not expecting much but I really liked it! Russell Crowe was great as was the VFX and while not scary (what is these days), it did have a nice creepiness to it. David Hyde Pierce was pretty good too and I never once thought of Niles at all! I thought he might not work well in this but he fitted in nicely. The story itself is simple but effective and I enjoyed it.

The demonic stuff is awesome and 95min runtime flew by. I can't actually think of anything I disliked and I usually find Exorcism related movies boring but this was ace! I'd even watch it again!

Drunken Monk
11 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Is this unrelated to The Pope's Exorcist?

Totally unrelated.

3 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Totally unrelated.

Considering the earlier film hinted at the existence of a SHIELD for exorcists, it's surprising that his next film about the subject is unrelated.

Drunken Monk
23 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Considering the earlier film hinted at the existence of a SHIELD for exorcists, it's surprising that his next film about the subject is unrelated.

He's signed on for The Pope's Exorcist 2, too. Sow e can probably expect three exorcism films in a row for Crowe.