THE BELLS OF DEATH

bobo

the image release is only days away now so can anyone confirm if it includes the english dub-- i,ve been told repeatedly on this site that the dub is to be included but the english dub was supposed be included on HEAVEN AND HELL as well and we all now know that it wasn,t. BELLS isn,t exactly the best shaws have to offer but i,ll buy it if it has the dub.:rollin

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

considering I sent them Heaven and Hell, and an original copy of Bells of Death for them to find the cut scene and have the dub track.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo
BELLS isn,t exactly the best shaws have to offer

I love this film and will picking up the Image disc on tuesday for sure (dub or not). I love the Samurai feel of this film.

Guest killer meteor

I'd be interested but after Wandering Swordsman, I'm wary of buying any more Image Shaws until they sought out the image (sorry!) problems

buddhawake

so what's up with all the Image dvds? is the image bad in all of them? are they nor caring? I've read reviews of all the ones out there but from them it seems that the image quality is bad on all of them. are they just not caring?

Guest oldeschool17

sounds like blatent lazyiness. Shame cause theres a couple of releases that id like to get from em. whats the difference between the IVL release of Legendary Weapons of Kung Fu(China) and Image, other than the english dub(which id like to ask, is this an original english dub cause when i watched it a couple of weeks ago, those voices dont sound like the old voices we grew accustomed to back in the 80s)? Other than the standard blurry transfer, i found the Image version ok to watch, hell I would have thought it was an IVL transfer had it not been for the english dub.

sorry for the thread derail!

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Kinda ironic that the "Image" discs have the worst "image" quality. :lol

Wait, that really isnt funny... :(

they made a bad deal with Celestial worse when they asked Celestial to take their bad PAL to NTSC conversions and slow them down to correct speed. Image thought this was a good idea because it would make the image not have PAL speed up issues. But they didn't think about it being a problem that by slowing down the masters, flaws that were hidden by the PAL speed up would be enhanced. They then refused to not fix this on future releases, but I wonder if it was something to do with Celestial, because it's clearly common sense to fix such a problem.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo
i,ve been told repeatedly on this site that the dub is to be included

Picked this up today, no english dub on the disc. Original language with enlgish subs (yellow) only. Only extras on the disc is trailers for Image's Shaws catalog. And a large trailer gallery for various asian realted titles like: Madam City Hunter, Revenge Of The Scarface (:lol ), Retreat Of The Godfather, Chase From Beyond, ect.... Watched about 30 min of it and I havent noticed any image problems. Seems ok so far to me. And I only paid $13 for it.

Guest spannick

i guess they're too dumb to synch the uncut Version onto the Celestial Framecut Mess. Amateur Bunch...

which is what I sent them an original copy of. There's a reason why I'm not working on anything for these releases.

thanks for the warning but i had no intention of buying this crap. i wanted a remastered version with english dubbing . obviously image has no respect for the fans or the genre.

Guest Mantis FIST

Yeah bobo, I agree. I wanted to get a remastered eng dubbed version. Not a huge fan of the film, but I wanted to support the companies releasing shaws in the us. I was happy that someone finally stated releasing them in the us. But they really screwed up! I only have their version of Legendary Weapons of China

Guest The Running Man
was happy that someone finally stated releasing them in the us. But they really screwed up! I only have their version of Legendary Weapons of China

Which they screwed up also.

I think they way things are rolling down with Image, I guess they are just gonna start dumping the releases until they are done and not really put much mind into it.

Guest oldeschool17

Cant they just get out of their contract(the remaining titles that they have not released)? I mean its not like they are making money putting out these releases. With every dodgy release they put out, it just hurts their image(no pun intended) even more.

the releases aren't doing that bad. About every other release they have props up the previous one. That said, I think they are going to start just putting out stuff to get it done. And they can't get out of the contract, but they will most likely break even.

Linn,

Do you think they will use what I sent you for the Deadly Breaking Sword release? Just curious about your thoughts on that.

Archived