The Real Bruce Lee-Alternate Versions?

saltysam

Question

saltysam
Posted (edited)

So the famous Bruceploitation movie The Real Bruce Lee has surfaced on Amazon Prime, in 1080p HD. While it's unrestored ,it looks pretty good.  Anyway i watched it earlier, runs just under 108 minutes. Afterwards i checked out my old DVD from a company called 23rd Century, this version runs just under 120 minutes! It's a VHS transfer from i reckon the old Intervision Pre-Cert.

Without watching this version right now does anyone know why there's such a difference in the run time? Would be a pity if the HD version is cut,as i guess it may appear on a future Clones set.

I did check the end and the voiceover is not present on the longer version .It's there on the HD version.

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 1

4 answers to this question

shukocarl1441996347
2 hours ago, saltysam said:

So the famous Bruceploitation movie The Real Bruce Lee has surfaced on Amazon Prime, in 1080p HD. While it's unrestored ,it looks pretty good.  Anyway i watched it earlier, runs just under 108 minutes. Afterwards i checked out my old DVD from a company called 23rd Century, this version runs just under 120 minutes! It's a VHS transfer from i reckon the old Intervision Pre-Cert.

Without watching this version right now does anyone know why there's such a difference in the run time? Would be a pity if the HD version is cut,as i guess it may appear on a future Clones set.

I did check the end and the voiceover is not present on the longer version .It's there on the HD version.

The Prime version is also the cropped widescreen one. It cuts off Bruce Li's head in some scenes!:laugh

• Like 2

saltysam

Can't say I noticed any cropping in the Bruce Li scenes, obviously the old Bruce Lee child footage in 2:35:1 certainly was 

• Like 2

shukocarl1441996347
11 hours ago, saltysam said:

Can't say I noticed any cropping in the Bruce Li scenes, obviously the old Bruce Lee child footage in 2:35:1 certainly was 

Go back and watch it again. If you have The Young Bruce Lee and The Real Bruce Lee dvds...compare the framing.:wink

• Like 1

J.J. Hayden

I believe I've got the same DVD as it runs at 1h 58mins. The gap in times is most likely taken up by the footage at the beginning, which is footage from some of Bruce's child actor days. Maybe a rights issue or something.

• Like 1