The Winged Tiger

ShawAngela

Question

ShawAngela

I watched again the Shaws' movie The Water Margin a few days ago, and I noticed that one of the 108 heroes is nicknamed The Winged Tiger.
I wonder if he could be the same as the hero called Winged Tiger in the Shaws' movie witth the same name? if so, that would mean that this movie is also a part of the Water Margin story?

4 answers to this question

Chu Liu Hsiang
Posted (edited)

Been a while since I watched WINGED TIGER but I'm pretty sure it's not part of the Water Margin story but involves people hunting for a kung fu manual, and the Winged Tiger is not the hero but a villlain.

Edited by Chu Liu Hsiang
  • Like 1

ShawAngela
29 minutes ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

Been a while since I watched WINGED TIGER but I'm pretty sure it's not part of the Water Margin story but involves people hunting for a kung fu manual, and the Winged Tiger is not the hero but a villlain.

Are you sure that he was a villain? Unless I mistake this movie with another one, I seemed to remember that it was one of the rare movies in which Chen Hung Lieh was a good guy ; wasn't it him who played Winged Tiger ?

Chu Liu Hsiang

Cheng Lui plays Winged Tiger and yes, Chen Hung Lieh plays a good guy/ heroic main character (I wish there were more movies where he does, I think I only know this one and DEATH VALLEY).

• Like 2

ChillyChong

It`s been some good years since watched it but while definitely on good side, charactec Cheng Hung Lieh plays would not be A+ list of heroes. If remember right he seduced and used enemy(female, obvisously) to get into clans basement or get some important information. Should view it for refreshing memory.

• Like 1