Life After Fighting (2024) - Bren Foster

daman77

I saw the  film tonight and absolutely loved it as well, hard hitting action, great sound a good villian, I also loved how the fight scenes became more and more violent as the action progressed, Bren Foster is a  badass!

• Like 1

Super Ninja

Retro Gold 63 is releasing Life After Fighting! Looks like I'll finally get my chance to see this movie and add it to my collection, was hoping it would get a release.

IMG_20240729_121158.jpg.6aa4f7ac1fa960bcb44d8177797361e7.jpg

• Like 2

Agent U
Posted (edited)

Nice to still see physical releases with indie movies. Germany always has great editions, I like their mediabooks a lot. Don't think I've ever bought one from Retro Gold 63 though.

However, as regards this movie, which I haven't watched yet but intend to  and heard mostly positive things about, I honestly don't think Retro Gold 63 branding the movie 'the greatest martial arts movie of the last 20 years' and arguing Bren Foster is making an impact similar to Bruce Lee or JCVD will be doing this any favours...

Edited by Agent U

Super Ninja
Posted (edited)

Life After Fighting blu's are selling fast, grab yours while you have time!

It seems it's site exclusive and Retro Gold 63 doesn't ship to my country, any kind soul here willing to help?

I'd prefer cover B (D, E, and F are sold out!), but I'll take anything at this point!

UPDATE: Got a friend from the UK to get it for me. Pricey, but I wanna support Bren's movie and this release.

Edited by Super Ninja
  • Like 1

While I'm not crazy about the screenplay and the runtime, in terms of MA action, the movie is easily one of the best in recent years. Thats a real show-reel of Foster's talent. Can't praise the action enough. Not too gory, more in the tradition of classic Western MA movies of the 80s and 90s, the fights are fast, intricate, variety of styles, well shot, kicks and punches carry a lot of weight and impact, great audio effects that totally sell contact - I mean, the whole package is there and it's just near perfect.

To me it felt a bit dated, more brutality and gore wouldn't hurt, but it's a minor complain. Very, very nice small budget effort, way better than many indie projects we see each year. I'd say, it rivals best of Scott Adkins fights. The last part of the movie is just a great gift to any MA fan

Stunt work is top notch, great falls all around

And to think that the guy is 47yo and in such a great shape - it's mind blowing. 

Just Wow

• Like 1

Been wanting to score a Blu-ray but no luck with a US release yet. However, I noticed this weekend that this is now on Tubi. Then I also discovered it on Amazon Prime. Finally!