Bruceploitation Comeback

Posted (edited)

Not a fan of the genre to be totally honest so I haven't really been following or paying close attention to it. However, I've recently stumbled across two movie trailers which sure as hell seem to suggest it's time to bring Bruceploitation back. One even blatantly using the man's likeness!? Where is Shannon and the Estate when you need her :laugh  Thoughts?

Edited by laagi
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Yihetuan

Have they even received a single RMB after they sued that Chinese fast food chain for 30 million for using Bruce's likeness for decades? Good luck with those lawsuits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Have they even received a single RMB after they sued that Chinese fast food chain for 30 million for using Bruce's likeness for decades? Good luck with those lawsuits.

Last report (2022) it's still ongoing and I love how they "changed" the logo lol.

https://www.shine.cn/news/metro/2208259651/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
12 minutes ago, laagi said:

Last report (2022) it's still ongoing and I love how they "changed" the logo lol.

https://www.shine.cn/news/metro/2208259651/

What does this mean exactly -

"The company is demanding 210 million yuan (US$30.6 million) in compensation and requires that the restaurant chain should stop using Bruce Lee's image and announce in the media for 90 consecutive days that it has nothing to do with the star."

They have to tweet 90 days in a row something like "WE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BRUCE ESTATE OR THE KUNG FU LEGEND HIMSELF AND IT'S NOT HIS FAULT HE HAD ONE BALL SACK"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

"WE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BRUCE ESTATE OR THE KUNG FU LEGEND HIMSELF AND IT'S NOT HIS FAULT HE HAD ONE BALL SACK"

Bruce Lee Lol GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1