Kill (2024) Nikhil Nagesh Bhat - Lakshya

Well if the trailer is any indication the name says it all I guess! God damn. Is Bollywood finally producing action movies that even our dear friend @One Armed Boxer might consider watching :tongueout

Overall I like what I'm seeing although our protagonist seems to be almost invincible!? Let's see how this turns out. Thanks to our friends at cityonfire for brining this to my attention.

• Like 3

ShaOW!linDude

This looks like a cross between The Raid and Bullet Train. I'll probably watch it whenever it hits a streaming service, but honestly there's something about the action that I'm just not buying. Maybe it'll surprise me.

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
On 4/6/2024 at 12:57 AM, laagi said:

God damn. Is Bollywood finally producing action movies that even our dear friend @One Armed Boxer might consider watching :tongueout

Based on that trailer - no. :tongueout

I do know that a few Korean stunt guys and action directors worked on this one though, so expect the action to be down and dirty like the best Korean brawlers tend to be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Based on that trailer - no. :tongueout

Angry University Of Houston GIF by Basketball Madness

• Haha 1

DarthKato

Damn, India is killing it with the action films lately. First Monkey Man and now this. I'm going to be all over this when it comes out. 

10 hours ago, DarthKato said:

Damn, India is killing it with the action films lately. First Monkey Man and now this. I'm going to be all over this when it comes out. 

Well technically 'Monkey Man' isn't an indian movie but yeah it might help pave the way for a different kind of action (without slow-mo) when it comes to Bollywood. Lord knows slow-mo has been used to death at this point!

If you're interested in more grounded action I recommend checking out 'Bhavesh Joshi Superhero's as well 😉 @PandaPawPaw have you checked that one out?

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw
55 minutes ago, laagi said:

Well technically 'Monkey Man' isn't an indian movie but yeah it might help pave the way for a different kind of action (without slow-mo) when it comes to Bollywood. Lord knows slow-mo has been used to death at this point!

If you're interested in more grounded action I recommend checking out 'Bhavesh Joshi Superhero's as well 😉 @PandaPawPaw have you checked that one out?

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952wxeqjme75a7la2y3v7

• Sad 1

DarthKato
10 hours ago, laagi said:

I've actually heard about that one and its already on my "To Watch" list. :thumbsup

• Buddha Bless You 1

Via our friends over at COF. I don't know what it is but I really dislike this "stop-motion" style of action. Guy's like the f*cking Terminator lol.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, laagi said:

Via our friends over at COF. I don't know what it is but I really dislike this "stop-motion" style of action. Guy's like the f*cking Terminator lol.

@.51 secs looks like a titty twister move! OUCH!

• Haha 1

SamSeed

Saw this yesterday and, all I have to say, is WOW! The story and the dialogue are as cliched as they come, no idea why they're bothering with an English language remake. But the action!

See this on the big screen. I was amazed at the creativity they showed in staging so many close quarters combat sequences in narrow train compartments, and when it hits, it hits HARD! The violence in this is very brutal, lots of knives and slashing, but the sound design was fantastic because I felt the thud of every punch. Director Nikhil Nagesh Bhat and star Lakshya have huge careers ahead of them, I wouldn't be surprised to see both tackling a Hollywood action film soon.

• Like 3

Drunken Monk

I don't think I'm going to get to see this at the cinema but I have my fingers crossed that it'll get a very rapid digital release. I have heard nothing but good things across social media platforms.

Drunken Monk

Beware of hype, my friends. Kill is a good action film, but it’s not what many are saying it is. I had a very good time with it but this isn’t genre defining stuff. It’s violent but no more violent than The Night Comes For Us (and not as good. But what is?).

It aims for entertainment and it achieves its goal but, I admit, I was expecting a bit more.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2024 at 3:17 PM, SamSeed said:

Saw this yesterday and, all I have to say, is WOW! The story and the dialogue are as cliched as they come, no idea why they're bothering with an English language remake. But the action!

See this on the big screen. I was amazed at the creativity they showed in staging so many close quarters combat sequences in narrow train compartments, and when it hits, it hits HARD! The violence in this is very brutal, lots of knives and slashing, but the sound design was fantastic because I felt the thud of every punch. Director Nikhil Nagesh Bhat and star Lakshya have huge careers ahead of them, I wouldn't be surprised to see both tackling a Hollywood action film soon.

Let's just hope if Hollywood comes a knocking they'll actually know what to do with the talent rather than just waste it like the countless times before.

Anyway, after all my initial criticism regarding the trailer I have to admit 'Kill' is a fun ride pun intended!

What starts out as a fairly formulaic actioner soon turns into a blood soaked revenge flick and our man once let loose isn't here to take any prisoners. Instead he's turning into a savage delivering as much over the top punishment to the baddies one can imagine.

Yes at times it's almost a bit silly but never distracts from being a joy to watch! Lakshya is a beast and I'm curious given the right crew around him what he can achieve in the future.

It's not a perfect movie though. The story is only a means to an end (I'm fine with that), some of the acting is a bit weird (could be a cultural thing) and the one thing that really ticked me off a few times is the editing.

Clearly the talent is there so I'm not a fan of these quick cuts and could've easily done without them.

Overall though I can't imagine somebody not liking this if you're a fan of action or martial arts movies! So check this one out asap @One Armed Boxer.

Do It Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

BTW, can we all agree to stop doing these silly comparison to John Wick every time we get a movie in a similar fashion. It's just over and done now and at this point simply a dumb marketing gimmick. Nothing any self-respecting fan of the genre should fall for. Over and out!

Edited by laagi
  • Like 2

Totally agree with Drunken Monk and others, who say it's a good movie, a fun watch, but nothing really groundbreaking.

I enjoyed the movie for what it was.

Also want to mention the thing I liked about the movie. Unlike many movies where the hero has some kind of moral restrain, in Kill the protagonist really went the full Monty with violence, almost to a sadistic degree. Smashing the bad guy's head with a fire  extinguisher and some other overkill scenes was a nice touch

• Like 1