Mercenaries From Hong Kong...

Guest Feng Gang

Guest Feng Gang

I'm kinda interested in seeing this but I've never read any discussion about it. I like to see the Shaws stars out of their usual element now and then. So far I've only seen the trailer and it looks pretty good. With these new trailers they can make damn near anything look good. If you've seen this please enlighten me.

Guest jmungus

mercenaries is one of only a few actioners from SB i really dug.

if i was to recommend one (shaw-actioner), i`d pick this i guess.

7.5/10

Guest gfanikf

Great film, one of my all times faves. One of the few R3 I have kept and always will. Lots of fun and action with some great actors. Easy buy!

Guest venomchamber

Cool movie, excellent cast, one of the last of the great SB movies. + Wang Lung-Wei in a rare 'god guy' role, hard to believe its by Wong Jing! (I was also surprised by his Winner Takes All.)

...Don't miss the Ti Lung workout with "Man Of Iron" music! ;)

Guest Karlos

Great film, kinda like a mad version of The Wild Geese - and yes, worth seeing just for Ti Lung's moustachioed workout routine!!

;)

Cool movie, excellent cast, one of the last of the great SB movies. + Wang Lung-Wei in a rare 'god guy' role, hard to believe its by Wong Jing! (I was also surprised by his Winner Takes All.)

Just to resurrect this and say to those who have no seen this: seriously people why do you not own this film already!

This was my post from the old board. I did get the movie and I liked it. Chen Hui Min was my favorite of them all not for any plot related reason, but he just seemed to fit his role better than the others. Lo Lieh was really good too... he looked so OLD. I guess it wasn't so easy to tell when he's wearing wigs in his other movies. I couldn't stand Yu An-an she was unconvincing and I usually like her roles. Hmmm what else? I really liked the idea of how Ti Lung assembled his team. It reminded me of "The Usual Suspects." Just for the novelty, check this movie out. I would give it a 4/5.

This was a great trashy flick. The only negative for me was that the ending comes no where near the adrenaline charged opening.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Wong Jing going nuts, with a shaw bros. budget.... how can you miss!! Gotta love those matching 80's track suits too.... brilliant!

Eastern Evil

DAMN, what is the name of this song!!! 20 second mark...

Thanks!

?v=oEnhdplXVTM

Shaolivevil
DAMN, what is the name of this song!!! 20 second mark...

Thanks!

?v=oEnhdplXVTM

For years I always wanted to know what the name of that song was too. That song was also played at the end of MAN OF IRON with Chen Kuan Tai.

Cognoscente

In Wong Jing's memoir, he compared the movie to one by John Woo: “Mercenaries from Hong Kong had an obvious influence on Heroes Shed No Tears. You could even extend the influence to the euthanasia scene in The Killer. Back to the two military movies, John's movie had the better action but mine was the better overall movie. I mean no disrespect to him because he was clearly suffering from studio pressure, but the comic gambling scene was too jarring for what was meant to be a grim adventure. Another problem is that the gratuitous sex wasn't appealing. Regardless, it's the best example of a less successful movie having the most impact. My movie may have been more successful but his movie had the most influence. In his movie, there is a point-of-view shot which represents the eye of an antagonist sniper being shot. This cutting-edge POV shot influenced two '90s Hollywood movies – Sniper and Saving Private Ryan. As for why my movie made more money, there was more of a female presence.”

• Like 3