Ho Meng Hua's / The Flying Guillotine

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

I actually scoured as many sites as my limited knowledge afforded me to find at least the Deltamac version of this film. I wish I was aware of the fact it's been out of print for "apparently" some time. I really want the IVL's original release. Anyway, I've put off watching this film for some years now and I must say I'm extremely happy with the english subtitled version, I mean what a great all around film anyway, though I could see this flick being way too lacking in octane, but not so much. The Deltamac's sleeve is in Taiwanese? What year was this film released? I doubt my english dubbed versions have the correct release dates. I can only kick myself in the ass so many repeatedly times for not picking up Celestial's original release. Did the IVL version actualluy come with the full colour poster?

In fact, if there's anyone out there with the original IVL release and they're not so happy with the film, please PM me for muchos grande cashola for their original. If there actually is a poster, I'll pay muchos, muchos, grande.

On another note. What are the Ho Meng Hua films that stand up to or exeed The Flying Guillotine?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oldeschool17

oh crap. sorry. I dont think theres much difference in the detlamac and IVL release other than artwork and maybe some trailers. When did IVL releases come with posters?

Guest stormybman
When did IVL releases come with posters?

The IVL discs have a menu where you can view the original theatrical poster, however, the poster doesn't come with the film. Though that would have been brilliant! :)

Feng Wah Sher... Come out!!!... Feng Wah Sher... Come out!!!

blue_skies

So I just started watching the beginning of The Flying Guillotine and during the opening sequence there is some on-screen text giving you a bit the back story. However it seemed to go on and on with the Chinese text changing and English not. I then switched to the English dub and that read out tons more. What's going on there?:squigglemouth:

I had yet to see this movie but decided to order it on a whim. For $6 through Amazon can`t be beat. Then I saw this thread. The dvd arrived today. Watched it. I have the DD version. Just a few trailers at the start but no other extras. I liked the movie a lot better than I thought I would. I was really surprised by the ending; not the typical Shaw Brothers ending at all.

Archived