American Expandables (2024) - Documentary on U.S. Martial Arts B-Flicks

AlbertV
Posted (edited)

There is an upcoming documentary on the American B-martial arts films coming called American Expendables. I just heard about this today from one of the film's producers, actress and horror film icon Debbie Rochon, who appeared in Abducted II: The Reunion with Donna Jason of Honor and Glory and Undefeatable in 1995. Troma Entertainment will be releasing the film I believe sometime this summer.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

The film is available to rent for $1.99 on Amazon Prime. I'm watching it now and it's nothing spectacular, but it does revolve around 4 particular films, The Tiger Claws trilogy and TC 2000, but does mention films like Frankenhooker and Maniac Cop as North American Pictures was the former Shapiro Glickenhaus Entertainment. In 2021, James Glickenhaus gave the entire SGE catalog to Troma Entertainment, who released the documentary under their subsidiary, VHS Massacre Films. 

Found it interesting that Cynthia Rothrock crafted her fight scenes for Tiger Claws.

I think this means that Troma now owns the U.S. rights to No Retreat, No Surrender II as it was Shapiro Glickenhaus Entertainment who distributed the film (I could be wrong though, so don't quote me)

Edited by AlbertV