Fu for Thought YouTube channel

Drunken Monk

U@Drunken Monk - Watching/listening to Episode 2 with Will from the HK Film Appreciation Society. As long as I've been in Brazil, I've kept myself out of the loop with regards to releases and rights holders. But it's fascinating to hear people talk about it.

Drunken Monk
2 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

U@Drunken Monk - Watching/listening to Episode 2 with Will from the HK Film Appreciation Society. As long as I've been in Brazil, I've kept myself out of the loop with regards to releases and rights holders. But it's fascinating to hear people talk about it.

Will's awesome and such an interesting guy. He an dI could've talked for 4 hours straight.

@Drunken Monk Watched and commented on the latest episode.

You should change the title of this thread and post links to all your new videos here.

Drunken Monk

I'll be lucky enough to talk to fellow forum member, @DrNgor, this weekend! Looking foward to chatting all things kung fu cinema with him.

I should be able to have the episode edited (I barely edit) and up on Monday morning.

• Like 4

Drunken Monk

I literally just got off the line with @DrNgor and wow! He was an absolute delight to talk to (for almost three hours!). We talked all sorts; from how he got into the genre to naked fight scenes. We then end the episode discussing his top 55 fight scenes of all time. It was a true pleasure and I'd like to thank Blake for coming on.

Those that want to see the episode, I'm aiming to get it up on the channel this Wednesday.

• Like 8

Yihetuan

Looking forward to it. I have some of Blake's written work but never heard him on a podcast before so I have some high expectations since he seems to know his stuff

• Like 2

DrNgor
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Looking forward to it. I have some of Blake's written work but never heard him on a podcast before so I have some high expectations since he seems to know his stuff

I hope I don't disappoint!

• Like 2

Watched the video with RDenn drinking my coffee this morning, very cool, subscribed to you on youtube, I'll check out some more and look forward to the interview with DrNgor.

• Like 3

Drunken Monk
51 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Watched the video with RDenn drinking my coffee this morning, very cool, subscribed to you on youtube, I'll check out some more and look forward to the interview with DrNgor.

Thank you.

I always feel like I have to give a caveat when people haven’t explored the channel.

My co-hosts aren’t really into the genre and the podcast is my attempt to win them over. It’s working on my wife but not so much on my buddy.

Also, the podcast is 50% martial arts, 25% dad jokes (ironic dad jokes) and 25% dick jokes.

My “Kungfusations” and “Fight Bites” series on the channel are a lot different. Far more serious, far more martial arts cinema focused.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

Me and our very own @DrNgor chatting all things kung fu cinema for almost 3 hours!!

• Like 7

ShaOW!linDude

@Drunken Monk & @DrNgor, that was a fun episode. Great conversation and I learned some interesting factoids. After running DrNgor's top 55 fight scenes, I now have some movies I need to revisit.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

@Drunken Monk & @DrNgor, that was a fun episode. Great conversation and I learned some interesting factoids. After running DrNgor's top 55 fight scenes, I now have some movies I need to revisit.

Thanks for watching!

• Like 1

slinky#1

I thought guns were muscles(biceps), oh well. It's headlights you have to look out for. Oo

Yihetuan

Just finished the podcast with special guest @DrNgor and really enjoyed it. The highlight was of course the "55 best fight scenes" and it was a good reminder for me as I've forgotten some of the films that were mentioned. Also didn't realize you did a podcast on the Taiwanese horror film, The Sadness -- going to have to seek that one out pronto as that's one of my fave zombie/horror films of the last decade.

• Like 1

DrNgor
13 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Just finished the podcast with special guest @DrNgor and really enjoyed it. The highlight was of course the "55 best fight scenes" and it was a good reminder for me as I've forgotten some of the films that were mentioned.

Thank you for listening and glad you found something to enjoy!

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, DrNgor said:

@Drunken Monk also shows up in this podcast.

I had horrendous technical issues during the recording of this podcast. Darren and Clive were so polite and understanding. Once again, proof that the kung fu cinema fandom has the most wonderfully kind fan base.

• Buddha Bless You 1

Drunken Monk
9 hours ago, DrNgor said:

@Drunken Monk has a Kungfusation interview:

For those that don’t know Nathan, he’s an action coordinator, fight choreographer, fire performer and all round passionate fan of martial arts cinema.

I love talks like this. His passion comes through when he discusses the “language” of a fight scene. A truly interesting guy.

• Like 3

Drunken Monk

Posted a new video on Cauldron/Neon Eagle Video’s recent release of Ninja Terminator.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Drunken Monk

When my wife's away, the boys will play. This week's episode is on Sex and Zen

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

sifu iron perm
On 6/7/2024 at 1:54 AM, Drunken Monk said:

Posted a new video on Cauldron/Neon Eagle Video’s recent release of Ninja Terminator.

Getting mine tomorrow