Fu for Thought YouTube channel

Drunken Monk

Drunken Monk
Posted (edited)

I was lucky enough to sit down with our very own @rdenn and chat all things kung fu cinema and TV!

Edited by Drunken Monk
  • Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Drunken Monk
9 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Shame the video has been blocked before I got a chance to watch it.

Reuploading now. TVB hate me.

• Haha 2

sifu iron perm
8 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Reuploading now. TVB hate me.

And hate Rd even more jokes

• Haha 1

Drunken Monk
4 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

And hate Rd even more jokes

Haha! True!

• Haha 1

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

Haha! True!

Very good episode,  banters and back to back knowledge,  nicely compressed! So part two definitely due. 

Btw we went to Mystery chess Boxing following Sunday, maybe in next episode he can tell you some bits. 

• Like 2

Omni Dragon

Thank you @Drunken Monk and @rdenn, for doing that podcast and posting it.

I'm not well at the moment and the podcast format is exactly the sort of thing I need right now. I've tried watching stuff, but still I'm struggling to concentrate whereas I can manage for the most part with talky stuff.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Yihetuan

Love listening to Rodney Shapes. I think I have 3 or 4 other RD interviews downloaded & it's always entertaining especially him talking about how his dad used to take him to see these films back when he was a tyke in Jamaica.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Drunken Monk
3 hours ago, Omni Dragon said:

Thank you @Drunken Monk and @rdenn, for doing that podcast and posting it.

I'm not well at the moment and the podcast format is exactly the sort of thing I need right now. I've tried watching stuff, but still I'm struggling to concentrate whereas I can manage for the most part with talky stuff.

I’m glad you enjoyed it! I had a blast.

• Like 2

Great podcast. Really enjoyed hearing @rdenn share his knowledge. For years I've only known him from the clip channels he's run over the years, so it's nice to know there's a cool guy behind the scenes.

Hope you guys do it again.

• Like 2

thanks for the positive comments, really enjoyed doing this podcast, hopefully we will do a pt 2

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 2

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)

@Drunken Monk, I watched your videocast with Will from the HK Cinema Appreciation Society and enjoyed it. Did you ever get a chance to ask him what happened to his facebook page & if he'll ever start another one? That was one of the better sources for information since Frank Djeng used to post there all the time.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Buddha Bless You 1

14 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

@Drunken MonkDid you ever get a chance to ask him what happened to his facebook page & if he'll ever start another one? That was one of the better sources for information since Frank Djeng used to post there all the time.

He started another group on Facebook.

This is the one you're looking for...Screenshot_2024-03-17-16-36-16-53_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg.ead48f1e2c13f749dcbaeb1566d167a9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Drunken Monk
21 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

@Drunken Monk, I watched your videocast with Will from the HK Cinema Appreciation Society and enjoyed it. Did you ever get a chance to ask him what happened to his facebook page & if he'll ever start another one? That was one of the better sources for information since Frank Djeng used to post there all the time.

He actually said there was no reason for it vanishing. He just woke up one day and Facebook had wiped it. No explanation whatsoever.

• Sad 1

On 3/10/2024 at 7:55 PM, Drunken Monk said:

was lucky enough to sit down with our very own @rdenn and chat all things kung fu cinema and TV!

Watched it now. Lots of fun to see you guys chat about kung fu. And man, I know nothing about TVB kung fu fights.

Drunken Monk
10 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Watched it now. Lots of fun to see you guys chat about kung fu. And man, I know nothing about TVB kung fu fights.

@rdenn basically gave me the keys to that car an dI'm now having fun driving it. But I'll never be even a fraction close to his knowledge.

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

@rdenn basically gave me the keys to that car an dI'm now having fun driving it. But I'll never be even a fraction close to his knowledge.

I also watched your Angela Jordan episode. I'll have to check out her work. I need to switch my dopamine hits back from Friends and Family Guy clips (and FB videos of guys asking random girls about their sex lives) to fight scenes again.

Drunken Monk
2 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

I also watched your Angela Jordan episode. I'll have to check out her work. I need to switch my dopamine hits back from Friends and Family Guy clips (and FB videos of guys asking random girls about their sex lives) to fight scenes again.

I love the Art School Drop Outs crew (I've actually met them twice). Joey Min's an unsung talent and has crafter some awesome fight scenes over the years. If you want to watch cool action and have some fan, check out their "No Budget Zorro" videos.

sifu iron perm

No retreat No Surrender 3 Blood Brothers Pod just dropped.

Will check it out later.

• Like 1

@Drunken Monk - Watching the Elaquent interview now.

I'm at the Stephen Chow segment. I like Kung Fu Hustle and the Royal Tramp movies. To me, Shaolin Soccer was horribly overrated. And the films of his I've seen were "It was pretty good, I guess."

Drunken Monk
2 hours ago, DrNgor said:

@Drunken Monk - Watching the Elaquent interview now.

I'm at the Stephen Chow segment. I like Kung Fu Hustle and the Royal Tramp movies. To me, Shaolin Soccer was horribly overrated. And the films of his I've seen were "It was pretty good, I guess."

I need to revisit Shaolin Soccer. It's been a looooong time. I recently bought the Royal Tramp films but haven't had chance to watch them yet.