Naruto (TBA) Live-Action Movie; to be directed by Destin Daniel Cretton

AlbertV

After directing the successful The Greatest ShowmanMichael Gracey was onboard to direct a live-action adaptation of the beloved manga and anime Naruto. Gracey went on to say that he wouldn't do it without the help of manga creator Masashi Kishimoto. Then, Gracey left the project and it was in developmental hell...until now!

Destin Daniel Cretton has been hired to write and direct the live-action film for Lionsgate and Kishimoto not only is giving his blessing, but he is helping Cretton with the script. 

Kishimoto had this to say:

“When I heard of Destin’s attachment, it happened to be right after watching a blockbuster action film of his, and I thought he would be the perfect director for Naruto,” said Kishimoto in a statement. “After enjoying his other films and understanding that his forte is in creating solid dramas about people, I became convinced that there is no other director for Naturo. In actually meeting Destin, I also found him to be an open-minded director who was willing to embrace my input, and felt strongly that we would be able to cooperate together in the production process.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/naruto-movie-in-the-works-1235833511/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

DarthKato

Well, I haven't got around to watching Shang-Chi yet, so I don't know how to feel about Cretton doing a live-action film on one of my favorite manga. But it sounds like him and Kishimoto are working pretty well together, so there might be hope for this.

Damn, getting both YuYu Hakusho and Naruto in live action almost back-to-back. Now all I need is a live-action Berserk movie and I will be set. Seriously, how much of a chance is there of Berserk getting made? As violent and graphic it is, I don't think it stands too much of a shot. Not without some major toning down of some of the content. 

PandaPawPaw
8 hours ago, DarthKato said:

Well, I haven't got around to watching Shang-Chi yet,

giphy-downsized.gif

Yeah neither have I. I wonder why...........................Ugh he's a twat. :P

• Like 1

DarthKato
8 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

giphy-downsized.gif

Yeah neither have I. I wonder why...........................Ugh he's a twat. :P

Yeah, that’s what I’ve heard. 

• Like 1

AlbertV
Posted (edited)
On 2/25/2024 at 3:34 PM, DarthKato said:

Yeah, that’s what I’ve heard. 

Despite that,  the fight scenes are really good and let's not forget...it was one of Brad Allan's final films as stunt coordinator and Andy Le of Martial Club is the Death Dealer in it.  

I'm wondering who can play Naruto

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1