Shaws Delay at CDWOW

Guest tigerstyles

I will use DDDHouse until I receive my DVD's from CDWOW.

I used DDDHouse also but paying $4 USD more per disc is painful. However, their obvious advantage is that THEY ACTUALLY SHIP THE DISCS !!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

That's the thing about CD-Wow: their IVL's are about half the price of DDD House. Not only are House's items more expensive but they charge postage on top. Too expensive really.

I really only have 3 sources for the Celestial Shaw Brothers releases that I trust as far as sending my money to, ok maybe 4 (hkflix).

Yesasia - They had my business from early 2003 when I started purchasing the Celestial DVD's. Back then you could get pre-releases for $14.99 and the shipping was free after $39. It seems the pre-release price is no more and they are $15.99. Then I discovered DDDhouse.com.

DDDhouse - I switched to DDDHouse because their pre-release price was the equivalent of $9.75 which was excellent except when you add shipping on top of that the price was only a couple dollars cheaper overall as compared to Yesasia. But DDDHOUSE's delivery time was quite good. Always received my DVD's within a week of when they were shipped from Hong Kong. Then someone on the forum mentioned CDWOW.

CDWOW - Now that's when things started looking up. The best thing about CDWOW was the free shipping, and that is on every DVD not just after you've ordered a certain dollar amount. Originally the link we were using for the Celestial DVD's was, I think, $11.95 per DVD. That was great but then it got better with the link that made the DVD's $9.95 a piece. Then I was hooked on CDWOW. But then you could get coupons for $2 or $1.50 per DVD.

So until CDWOW gets it together, DDDHOUSE is my next best option.

Guest fabhui

I have just gotten a refund for a bunch of DVDs (not SB DVDs but other Asian DVDs) I had previously ordered at cdwow.

I was told that the majority of them would be shipped to me 3 days ago but my order status still lists them as pre-release, even though some of them were released 2 1/2 months ago!

Also just ordered all of the latest bunch of SB DVDs from dddhouse (had the last 3 batches from them) and with shipping to the uk it came to a total of £23.42 which isn't bad at all, about £6.00 per DVD!

Guest fabhui

Well I always ask them to mark the parcel as a gift and they usually mark the value contents well under £18 anyway.

In all the years I've been using them I've never had any problems!!

Guest Austin Jones

Thanks for the breakdown on your top 3 retail sites, Mah.:D I have used yesasia almost exclusively from the beginning, and have always had excellent customer service, timely shipping, and decent prices. Occasionally, I'll use DDD House, especially if I'm plugging holes in the SB collection with a sizable order. I have never used CD Wow, so I can't really comment on them. But my two are yesasia and DDD house.

Austin Jones

Guest ToothbrushFu

All my cdwow orders that I've been waiting on for about 6 weeks shipped out today, so maybe they've sorted out some of their problems.

Guest Markgway

I checked and DDD House have those four back catalogue titles I'm after (that CD-Wow don't) in stock.

But they're $85 each plus postage. That's $10.85 plus postage (to save your rushing to convert rates). ;)

Expensive IMO. I might still get Secret of the Dirk because it's mono, but I really grudge paying over the odds for remixed titles.

Sadly trading isn't up to much these days... anyone interested in A Call to Arms?

Guest ToothbrushFu
But they're $85 each plus postage. That's $10.85 plus postage (to save your rushing to convert rates). ;)

But if you're buying 3 at a time its only HK$60 postage so that would be HK$105 a disc, which is less than £7 at current exchange rates. buyoyo have cheaper prices on the DVDs but more expensive postage, it might just work out cheaper overall.

Guest oldeschool17

so whats a few quid/bucks? Id rather pay 5 more dollars per film and shipping to get my flicks in a weeks time as opposed to 2 months.

Guest drunkenmantis13

Yeah my 2 titles including Killer Constable FINALLY shipped today too! Was about time. Time to order a few more with good ol' CDWOW! :D Hopefully they did/will get back on track for new releases...

Guest Chinatown Kid

Excuse my ignorance but is receivership another word for bankruptcy?:o I'm guessing it is and it's indeed a sad day for the fans who were getting great bargains on movies from CDWOW. |I

Guest tigerstyles

****t he music industry hate that greedy @#%$ of a marketplace , godamn it cdwow going!! thats a whole loada @#%$ for real!

might as well order a few of the old SB while they are still cheap or should we?

See Mark's post above.

CDWOW RIP.

At least until it can maybe restructure it's finances.

Meanwhile, DDD just shipped Kid on schedule.

Archived