Shaws Delay at CDWOW

Guest tigerstyles

Guest tigerstyles

i ordered the new line of Shaws from Wow pre ordered them..

this is what they say about the delay of Dragon Dynastys Shaws

anyone else experienced this?

Hi,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by these delays, they are very regrettable.

We are as unhappy about these as our customers are. I assure you that we are trying as hard as we can to overcome them.

Unfortunately, we have experienced a delay in receiving these products from our suppliers and we are currently expecting it to be dispatched on the 31st July, 2007.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience caused to you by this delay, and thank you very much for your patience - it is sincerely appreciated.

If you require any further assistance at this time then please do not hesitate to get back to me.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chen lung

I've been waiting since the 3/7 for 'King Boxer'.

I had been told the 16/7, but now the 31st? Just great.

Well, @#%$ that. I ain't waiting for their false 'allocated' dispatch date... or maybe I've no choice seeing anywhere else is a bit more pricey.:rolleyes

I know they've just been through a lawsuit with those fat cats AND their warehouse burning down. But the least they could do is say it's out of stock instead of have me wait endlessly.

Anywhere the same, or lower price for UK customers?

Guest oldeschool17

Can you not get a refund chen lung? Thats absolutely ridiculous you have not received your movies yet. I dont care how long one does business with a company, that really has no bearing in a situation like this. Im sympathetic to their fire situation, but its bad business to make the customer suffer for cdwow's problems. If they cant deliver the goods in a timely manner, they should refund the customers money back and not take any more orders until the distro situation is settled.

Guest chen lung

Their phone line is buggered according to the 'Contact Customer Service' page, I'll give it a few days until I send them a final email.

Guest natoral

Don't wait a few days to email them because it will take much longer then that for them to respond.

I ordered Killer Constable on 6/20 and got two responses to my first two emails-

Hi

Thank you for your recent order. Sorry to hear that you have not received

full confirmation from us.

It appears that, due to a temporary technical problem involving the server

connecting our site to that of our payment provider (Worldpay), we ourselves

had not been properly informed that payment had been processed.

I can confirm however, that the order has been successful.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this, and thank you for your

understanding - we appreciate it.

Kind Regards,

Tony

CD WOW! Customer Services

www.cd-wow.com

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please be advised, due to temporary technical glitch I am currently unable

to locate your order on our database with the information so far given to

me.

Can I please ask you to write back with any further details you may have

such as correct order number, delivery address for the order or payment

transaction id. Also confirm the date of placing the order and I will do my

very best to assist you.

I look forward to your reply, upon which I will do my very best to assist

you.

Kind Regards,

Lisa

CD WOW! Customer Services

www.cd-wow.com

I followed the instructions last week on Friday and haven't heard back since.

Whether they get their @#%$ together or not I am never using them again and i'd advise people to at least wait to hear that things have gotten better before you use them again.

Guest oldeschool17

well guys, if i were you, id call up your credit card company directly and dispute any charges you have with them. By all means, forward them those emails/explain to them the situation. You should not have to wait for them to correct the problems. Again, its not your problem that they cant connect to Worldplay. Where is Cdwow based out of? USA?

Okay. I'm in the USA. Here's my story with CDWOW. Sounds like the rest.

I asked CDWOW twice for a status on my Killer Constable order. I got a response to each request that pushed the date out farther each time.

Finally I canceled the order and once the credit was applied I ordered from DDDHouse and got 2 of the 3 within the period they said. The 3rd is Perils which we know has been delayed by Celestial.

Unfortunately, for the amount I paid DDDHouse for 3 discs + shipping, I could have gotten 4 discs from CDWOW.

Sucks.

But CDWOW will need to show me they've come back completely before I do them again.

Guest chen lung
Don't wait a few days to email them because it will take much longer then that for them to respond.

I should have made that clearer :) : I've emailed them twice this past week, so as their phones aren't working, they claim response will be a little wait.

So, we've established that it's not just the DD Shaws, the IVL ones too:( .

However, one thing I did notice:

It appears that, due to a temporary technical problem involving the server connecting our site to that of our payment provider (Worldpay), we ourselves had not been properly informed that payment had been processed.

Worldpay is the usual one, but for 'King Boxer', it was Paynova:\ .

well guys, if i were you, id call up your credit card company directly and dispute any charges you have with them.

I trust CD WOW, I've shopped with them for years and most of the time, they've been very good. It won't come to that and I highly doubt it ever would. I'd only take that kind of action if they refused a refund or went bust etc. I use a debit card, which may not have the same features.

Looking at 'King Boxer' on Ebay. Once I secure that, I'll cancel my 'CD WOW' order. If CD WOW dispatches it sooner than the 31st, I'll send it back (don't think it would apply, but I'd also tell them where to stick their restocking fee if they ever mention it).

A Canadian company 'DVD Import' ripped me off in April 2006 when I ordered 'Spiritual Kung Fu'. They still have my money. They responded to 2 emails in that month and then didn't answer again, tried phoning but it asked me for some code. Phoned after, nothing (can't remember what exactly). Website has disappeared, so has their sister sites (DVDSoon) which I tried to contact. Debit card for that too (which was useless).

Unfortunately, for the amount I paid DDDHouse for 3 discs + shipping, I could have gotten 4 discs from CDWOW.

Yeah, but DDD House is also sometimes cheaper. Although, I've found them to be dishonest and shoddy. They sometimes send broken cases (usually the cheap section - unfairly) and they lied about 'King Of Comedy' when I wanted the DVD-9 (extras), they sent the DVD-5 (stripped of them). Bitches.

CD WOW are generally more friendly, honest and fair to their customers; but in this case: a tad incompetant.

Guest oldeschool17

chen you need to get a credit card. You will have alot more buyer protection with them than a standard debit card. I know having a credit card can be scary, hell i held off on one for 21 years, but in the end, its a necessary evil.

Guest chen lung

Damn right it's scary:o , but I don't think I need one at the moment (except for that one occassion;) ). An unnecessary evil:evil .

Cheers anyway!

Guest oldeschool17

dunno how it is in uk(i presume thats where you are from), but at least in the US, the credit card helps in establishing credit, which can help in buying a house, getting loans, etc. Sorry, dont mean to sound like your parents! just realizing how many years of not building credit have kinda hindered me in certain things. good luck!

Guest natoral

Your in Canada Chen?

Let me know if your interested in a watched-once copy of King Boxer.I'll let it go cheap.

Took it for trade-in and it rang up as 0.50 cents for trade so I just hung on to it.

Anyways I accidentally deleted the email response I got today to my request for cancellation telling me the item was delayed till 7/31 and they would let me know when it ships. |I

Joy.

Guest chen lung

I'd definately be interested if you accept Paypal and shipping to where I am (Scotland, UK) :) . PM me ;) .

CD WOW replied today with their 31st stuff, just like tigerstyles.

Guest chen lung
I'm getting depressed...

Me too. I'm getting counselling courtesy of natoral, it's going quite well >D .

Guest drunkenmantis13

Add me in. Waiting for KC as you all plus DoS since KC came out...Sucks.

I basically forgot about these titles for now. When they'll come, i'll be happy and order form CDwow again!

Guest johnnydragon

I have been waiting for men from the monastery,

black tavern , pursuit of vengeance region 3 not U.S

but I"m in the U.S order was place may31, now going to

be shipped on july30, If you get the right code you can get Shaws for 9.99 free shipping I order 5 to 10 at a time

the order above I got 3 of the six ordered been using

DDD & buyyo

Guest Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee

I'm still wating for Killer Constable too.

Perhaps we should start a support group for those affected.

Guest oldeschool17

yeah that support group is called your bank/credit card company. call them up to get your money back

Guest Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee

Mane, Imma marinate on that, ya dig. That thang'll wing it's way ta me eventually.

:hat

Guest Karlos

It's been like this for a while: CD-WOW seem to have no particular interest in getting the new SB stuff in - and older titles are being treated just as badly now, too.

They're far more interested in selling mainstream pap which they can shift by the ton.

A shame; they used to be great...:\

Guest natoral

So did Killer Constable ever ship for anyone?

Got a $3 off coupon for them and i'm thinking of re-ordering Killer Constable if they've finally stocked it. :lol

I emailed CDWOW today for verification that Killer Constable and Dragon Missle shipped on 7/31 but I received a reply stating that they still haven't received the DVD's from their suppliers.

They gave me the option to cancel the orders of course. I will use DDDHouse until I receive my DVD's from CDWOW.

Archived