Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (2024) Paul Rudd, Carrie Coon, McKenna Grace, Finn Wolfhard, Ernie Hudson, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray

AlbertV

In the sequel, the first and second generation Ghostbusters team up to take on a new entity that is turning the City that Never Sleeps to an ice age. Gil Kenan, who co-wrote Afterlife with Jason Reitman switches places with Reitman as director this time around with Reitman serving as producer and co-writer. Co-starring Patton Oswalt, Kumail Nanjiani, Annie Potts, and the return of both Slimer and ..."Dickless" (if you've seen the original, you know who I mean). 

Having grown up with 'The Real Ghostbusters' and having spent countless hours as a Kid reenacting their adventures I was already skeptical (and still am) in regards to the latest reboot.

This just seems more of the same to me. Studios just can't seem to decided what they want or more precisely just want it all, new fans and old fans alike.

As for me I'm getting increasingly tired of these memberberries! To me it just seems like another excuse to churn out another product for the "happy consumer". Sorry if I come across as bitter but I'm sick and tired of seeing my childhood destroyed. Rant over.

PandaPawPaw

Was the 2016 all female movie any good? It looked pretty lame from the trailer iirc.

23 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Was the 2016 all female movie any good? It looked pretty lame from the trailer iirc.

I thought it was okay...a one-time watch for me, but Chris Hemsworth was pretty funny in it as was Kate McKinnon (sporting the Egon Real Ghostbusters look).

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 11:03 PM, PandaPawPaw said:

4/10 for me personally.

After starting it I wanted to see where the whole thing was going, and overall the movie was somewhat entertaining. Still, pretty forgettable overall, and not my type of humour at all.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

I think this one looks as though it captures that youthful sense of adventure found in movie like the original Ghostbusters and The Goonies. It knows its audience and it's delivering the right amount of fun and goofiness. I'm not sure we need to have so many throwbacks/homages to to the original films though. More Marshmallow Men? Slimer? Library ghosrt? Come on! That's egregkious. Although, the "Bustin' makes me feel good" joke did actually get a titter out of me.

I'll certainly be watching this one.