Darkness of Man (2024) Jean-Claude Van Damme, Emerson Min, Kristanna Loken, Spencer Breslin

AlbertV

Darkness-of-Man.jpg?w=1296

MV5BMDMyOWQ1YTQtZWIwMi00ZDU0LWFkMGMtODc1

I heard about this movie last year from Spencer Breslin when I had interviewed him. The film is directed by James Cullen Bressack (who made a ton of indie films during the pandemic as he wanted to keep busy and revved up once the safety measures came into play). Van Damme plays Russell Hatch, an Interpol operative who finds himself taking care of the son of an informant killed in a raid gone wrong. The film also co-stars Cynthia Rothrock, Zack Ward, Shannen Doherty, Kristos Andrews, Weston Cage (son of Nic), Sean Rhee (son of Phillip) and Van Damme's two sons, Kris and Nicholas. 

Luke LaFontaine is the film's stunt and fight coordinator. It should be coming out sometime this year. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt23173980/reference/?ref_=tt_mv_close

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

This seems to be somewhere between 'Lukas aka The Bouncer' and 'We Die Young'. It looks OK although I'm not a fan of the editing during the action scenes they seem to apply here. Nevertheless I'll probably check it out. 'Lukas' is still his best IMHO regarding a aged JCVD.

@PandaPawPaw did you spot the 'Eric Draven' cameo :emo

Edited by laagi

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, laagi said:

This seems to be somewhere between 'Lukas aka The Bouncer' and 'We Die Young'. It looks OK although I'm not a fan of the editing during the action scenes they seem to apply here. Nevertheless I'll probably check it out. 'Lukas' is still his best IMHO regarding a aged JCVD.

@PandaPawPaw did you spot the 'Eric Draven' cameo :emo

Thanks a lot @laagi! I had to watch the whole trailer just to find out!

Film looks ultra meh though.

I know all these films he makes are basically pay checks but I wonder if he actually likes making a lot of this shite?

I want him to make a Flashdance type movie so he can show off those super smooth dance moves!

o2XJjz.gif

"Feelin so good today,
Ain't nobody standing in my way.
Tomorrow it's gonna be a price to pay,
Feelin so good today."
  • Haha 1

5 minutes in and I knew this was gonna be a stinker! Jesus fucking Christ.

It's an ominous sign if the only saving grace is the acting chops of one JCVD and simply because he fully commits to his role!

Otherwise this would've turned into an unintentional comedy. Where to start...

Filled with cliched shit up to the brim it's not only a snooze fest for the most part but also poorly executed when it comes to the few and far between action scenes.

Honestly calling it action seems to be almost an insult especially considering how poorly edited these few scenes are.

Dialogue is an absolute joke! Unless you enjoy JCVD mumbling some nonsense in a constant voice over. Why? Don't know.

At least the movie goes out of its way to explain the big reveal in detail so even the last brain-dead moron will get it. Oh did I mention that it was obvious from the beginning.

Story... What story. I don't even know what the F I watched to be honest.

The movie makes JCVD's character look like a total dumbass!

The cherry on top however has got to be one of the most pointless cameos in a movie ever.

Avoid... Damn you Jean Claude!

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
8 hours ago, laagi said:

5 minutes in and I knew this was gonna be a stinker! Jesus fucking Christ.

It's an ominous sign if the only saving grace is the acting chops of one JCVD and simply because he fully commits to his role!

Otherwise this would've turned into an unintentional comedy. Where to start...

Filled with cliched shit up to the brim it's not only a snooze fest for the most part but also poorly executed when it comes to the few and far between action scenes.

Honestly calling it action seems to be almost an insult especially considering how poorly edited these few scenes are.

Dialogue is an absolute joke! Unless you enjoy JCVD mumbling some nonsense in a constant voice over. Why? Don't know.

At least the movie goes out of its way to explain the big reveal in detail so even the last brain-dead moron will get it. Oh did I mention that it was obvious from the beginning.

Story... What story. I don't even know what the F I watched to be honest.

The movie makes JCVD's character look like a total dumbass!

The cherry on top however has got to be one of the most pointless cameos in a movie ever.

Avoid... Damn you Jean Claude!

bloodsport-kung-fu.gif

• Haha 1