Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow (2025/2026) - Milly Alcock

AlbertV

Ana Nogueira is writing the screenplay for the upcoming DCU entry Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow with no director attached yet. James Gunn and Peter Safran have been screen testing potential actors for the role and as of today, it's all down to two:

how-old-is-milly-alcock-1660754616-view-
Milly Alcock (House of the Dragon)

MV5BYWE2NTBjNTktZjkyMC00MGRlLWE3YmQtZDc0
Meg Donnelly (Disney's ZOMBIES)

The one cast is scheduled to make an appearance in Superman: Legacy opposite David Corenswet before her own film is unleashed. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

Drunken Monk

I vote for Milly Alcock. I feel like she has some serious acting chops and will be a star in the future.

• Like 1

DarthKato
On 1/25/2024 at 1:40 PM, AlbertV said:

Ana Nogueira is writing the screenplay for the upcoming DCU entry Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow with no director attached yet. James Gunn and Peter Safran have been screen testing potential actors for the role and as of today, it's all down to two:

how-old-is-milly-alcock-1660754616-view-
Milly Alcock (House of the Dragon)

MV5BYWE2NTBjNTktZjkyMC00MGRlLWE3YmQtZDc0
Meg Donnelly (Disney's ZOMBIES)

The one cast is scheduled to make an appearance in Superman: Legacy opposite David Corenswet before her own film is unleashed. 

I would go with Meg Donnelly. She looks perfect for the part and she actually already voiced Supergirl in the animated “Legion of Super-Heroes(2023)” movie. Milly is probably a good actress, but I just don’t see Supergirl when I look at her.

I would have to see their bodies...not what you think lol.  They seem too scrawny. I like superheroines with some muscle and sturdy looking.  

9 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

She looks more like a villain to me than a hero.

(not that she's not a nice person IRL)

James Gunn actually suggested Alcock audition for the role after seeing her in HotD and her and runner up Meg Donnelly tried on the suit on the set of what will be Superman: Legacy. Gunn is looking for an edgier version of the Supergirl character with an outline that follows:

"Supergirl travels across the galaxy to celebrate her 21st birthday with Krypto the Superdog. Along the way, she meets a young woman named Ruthye and winds up on a murderous quest for revenge."

Details here: https://variety.com/2024/film/news/supergirl-milly-alcock-superman-legacy-1235891714/

DarthKato
1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

James Gunn actually suggested Alcock audition for the role after seeing her in HotD and her and runner up Meg Donnelly tried on the suit on the set of what will be Superman: Legacy. Gunn is looking for an edgier version of the Supergirl character with an outline that follows:

"Supergirl travels across the galaxy to celebrate her 21st birthday with Krypto the Superdog. Along the way, she meets a young woman named Ruthye and winds up on a murderous quest for revenge."

Details here: https://variety.com/2024/film/news/supergirl-milly-alcock-superman-legacy-1235891714/

I hope by “edgier” he doesn’t mean that he is going to make her insufferable and annoying. I also wasn’t a fan of Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow’s take on the character, so this isn’t filling me with much confidence. 

1 hour ago, DarthKato said:

I hope by “edgier” he doesn’t mean that he is going to make her insufferable and annoying. I also wasn’t a fan of Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow’s take on the character, so this isn’t filling me with much confidence. 

He's confirmed it will NOT be based on the comic series. 

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
12 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Gunn is looking for an edgier version of the Supergirl character with an outline that follows:

Supergirl spending her birthday with a dog sounds like the least edgy thing I’ve ever heard.

Regarding how Alcock looks, a lot of people are posting images of her in House of Dragons and saying she doesn’t look the part. She purposely looks almost albino on House of Dragons. Of course she doesn’t look the part. If you look at her at her best, she looks like a great Supergirl.

IMG_5168.webp

• Like 1

DarthKato
18 hours ago, AlbertV said:

He's confirmed it will NOT be based on the comic series. 

Awesome. That makes me feel a little more hopeful.