anyone remember this late 90s or 00s Korean thriller?

Yihetuan

Question

I vaguely remember the plot but it was a Korean "backwoods" horror thriller. Imagine a Korean Calvaire or Deliverance type movie where some couple traveling in some rural area has car trouble & they meet a mentally disabled/disturbed man who attempts to aid them & then their nightmare begins. The only thing that really pops out at me was this guy kept giving out bottles of Bacchus (Korean energy drink) to everyone he meets on the deserted road in the boonies.

@One Armed Boxer, ring a bell?

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

It doesn’t fit the time period, but it does sound exactly like 2015’s ‘Deep Trap’, could it be that one?

https://cityonfire.com/deep-trap-2015-review-ma-dong-seok-don-lee/

No, the one I'm thinking about is super low budget. Might've been shot on digital & was definitely an older film than Deep Trap and didn't have any star power like Ma Dong suk.

Even as a low budget indie production, it still received an English friendly DVD release as that's where my rip came from when I saw it years ago.

I've never seen Deep Trap but your review seems to indicate it might be worth checking out. So at least I found a movie to put on my queue list now.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1