Original release dates of SB films?

Guest Steve Barr

Guest Steve Barr

Is there a list of (original) release dates for Shaw Brothers films? When I search the web I can find it only broken down by year, not month or day.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest teako170

The HKMDb had box office listings for each year which included original release dates. I say "had" only because I haven't used that site in a few years so don't know if its still there.

The Shaw Screen book has all the dates as well.

Are you looking for a specific film?

I guess you guys have forgotten about my list in General Interest?

Nope, it doesn't have exact days and months of release. Doesn't matter anyway IMO, the days listed in many places (including some at the HKFA) aren't correct. And many films were made sometimes years prior to their release dates.

Guest Steve Barr

Thanks Mark,

I have seen your list before, and looking at it now it's certainly close enough (given what Linn says) to meet my needs. It sure beats sorting all the films I have into chronological order. :)

Guest Markgway

Thanks Linn, you always know how to make someone's work feel valued. :x Steve, I know there are no specific dates, but the order should be as correct as any list out there. If there are mistakes blame the HKFA. :b

Thanks Linn, you always know how to make someone's work feel valued.

My understanding was he was asking for specific dates of release. Sorry if it wasn't worded properly, but I honestly wasn't devaluing anything.

Archived