Prepare to Die (2024) Lorenzo Lamas, Ryan Padilla, Quentin "Rampage" Jackson, Paula-Rae Taylor

AlbertV

This premiered on Tubi. Diego (Ryan Padilla) witnessed his parents' death of a greedy land developer, Richtefield (Lorenzo Lamas) at the age of 10. Sent to China by the killer's good-natured driver, Diego begins learning martial arts in hopes that one day, he will return to his home in Texas to avenge his parents. He teams up with people who at one point worked for the villain and have had enough in order to track him down and put an end to him. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

DarthKato

For a minute there I thought we were getting a Dark Souls movie. lol

Eh, looks like it might be alright. I do generally like revenge movies. 

I just watched it. It was actually pretty decent. The Asylum made the film, which was interesting. It's a typical revenge flick, but I like the twist that our hero finds unexpected allies in people who are connected to the villain and also have a grudge with him. One to look out for is actor/stuntwoman Paula-Rae Taylor, who plays Blanca, a knife expert who joins Diego as she tries to bust down his brothel business.

62fb7a58cd59c_paularaetaylor_1-c.jpeg

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

Okay, so I watched this last night. My advice? Skip it. The plot and acting are pretty meh. There are really only a smattering of MA scenes and the finale doesn't hold up due to the jumpy quick-cut editing. Ryan Padilla definitely has the build and the moves, but the choreography was fairly standard. I like Lorenzo Lamas as the villain and he gets to chew the scenery acting-wise. And he's still a decent screen fighter. 

Padilla needs a decent script, a choreographer who knows how to showcase his skills, and properly edited fight sequences. I'd be down to watch him in another attempt.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 1:24 PM, ShaOW!linDude said:

Okay, so I watched this last night. My advice? Skip it. The plot and acting are pretty meh. There are really only a smattering of MA scenes and the finale doesn't hold up due to the jumpy quick-cut editing. Ryan Padilla definitely has the build and the moves, but the choreography was fairly standard. I like Lorenzo Lamas as the villain and he gets to chew the scenery acting-wise. And he's still a decent screen fighter. 

Padilla needs a decent script, a choreographer who knows how to showcase his skills, and properly edited fight sequences. I'd be down to watch him in another attempt.

Padilla also appeared in Fast Vengeance, DMX's last movie,  and played the Fight King, who has a fight scene against DY Sao. I agree he has the potential and would like to see him and Paula do more work with the right fight team. 

• Like 1