The Third Window Films Blu-ray Thread

Yihetuan

Third Window Film's blu ray of Isao Yukisada's GO will be up for pre-order tomorrow. 1000 limited edition release.

Screenshot_2023-03-21 Third Window Films ( thirdwindow) Twitter.png

• Like 1

TWF is releasing a Katsuhito Ishii 3-disc digipak with 6 of his films.

A limited edition 3 disc digipack bluray set of 6 films from Japanese director Katsuhito Ishii covering his work from his debut Promise of August in 1995 to his latest Norioka Workshop in 2022.
Featuring new, director approved masters (sourced from their original negatives) of Shark Skin ManParty 7 and Promise of August.
Limited to just 2000 copies.

Disc 1:
Shark Skin Man & Peach Hip Girl  鮫肌男と桃尻女  (1998)  *world bluray debut
Promise of August  8月の約束 (1995)  *world physical release debut
Special Features: New interview with Katsuhito Ishii, Shark Skin Man director audio commentary, Video Essay by Robert Edwards 

Disc 2: 
PARTY 7 (2000) *world bluray debut
Special Features: Audio Commentary by Arne Venema and Mike Leeder, Storyboard version of the film, Making Of, Alternate Ending, Archival interview with Katsuhito Ishii, Original Trailer, Original Teaser 

Disc 3:
Sorasoi  そらそい (2008) *world physical release debut
Hello Junichi ハロー!純一 (2014) *world bluray debut
Norioka Workshop ノリオカワークショップ (2022)  *world physical release debut

Region B

Out on July 17!

Screenshot_2023-04-14 Third Window Films on Twitter.png

Screenshot_2023-04-14 Third Window Films on Twitter(1).png

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
On 4/15/2023 at 2:10 AM, Yihetuan said:

TWF is releasing a Katsuhito Ishii 3-disc digipak with 6 of his films.

A limited edition 3 disc digipack bluray set of 6 films from Japanese director Katsuhito Ishii covering his work from his debut Promise of August in 1995 to his latest Norioka Workshop in 2022.
Featuring new, director approved masters (sourced from their original negatives) of Shark Skin ManParty 7 and Promise of August.
Limited to just 2000 copies.

Disc 1:
Shark Skin Man & Peach Hip Girl  鮫肌男と桃尻女  (1998)  *world bluray debut
Promise of August  8月の約束 (1995)  *world physical release debut
Special Features: New interview with Katsuhito Ishii, Shark Skin Man director audio commentary, Video Essay by Robert Edwards 

Disc 2: 
Special Features: Audio Commentary by Arne Venema and Mike Leeder, Storyboard version of the film, Making Of, Alternate Ending, Archival interview with Katsuhito Ishii, Original Trailer, Original Teaser 

Disc 3:
Sorasoi  そらそい (2008) *world physical release debut
Hello Junichi ハロー!純一 (2014) *world bluray debut
Norioka Workshop ノリオカワークショップ (2022)  *world physical release debut

Region B

Out on July 17!

Screenshot_2023-04-14 Third Window Films on Twitter.png

Screenshot_2023-04-14 Third Window Films on Twitter(1).png

I booked my ticket to see him at the Q&A 

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer
On 4/15/2023 at 11:10 AM, Yihetuan said:

Disc 2: 

Interesting choice for the audio commentary on this one.

• Like 2

3 new titles from a sub-label (Director's Choice) from Third Window Films. Up for pre-order now.

Shinji Somai's Typhoon Club from a new 4K remaster

https://thirdwindowfilms.com/films/typhoon-club-directors-company/

Kiyoshi Kurosawa's Guard from the Underground

https://thirdwindowfilms.com/films/the-guard-from-underground-directors-company/

Banmei Takahashi's giallo Door

https://thirdwindowfilms.com/films/door-directors-company/

Screenshot_2023-08-04 Typhoon Club (Director's Company Edition bluray).jpg

Screenshot_2023-08-04 The Guard From Underground (Director's Company Edition bluray).jpg

Screenshot_2023-08-04 DOOR (Director's Company Edition bluray).png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yihetuan said:

I was thinking more along the lines of "fear the pussy!"

Wait we are still talking about cats right..............................................................................

• Haha 2

Third Windows is releasing The River on blu ray. Scheduled for a Feb 12 release date. Up for pre-order now.

The latest 2 minute time adventure from the entire team behind BEYOND THE INFINITE TWO MINUTES

The one-hundred-year-old Fujiya inn stands in the quiet region of Kyoto. Mikoto is standing in front of the Kibune river at the back of the building when she is called back to work. But two minutes later, she finds herself back at the river again. The whole inn seems to be stuck in a time loop!

FEATURES:
Interview with director Junta Yamaguchi
1 hour long Making Of
Trailer
Region Free

Screenshot_2023-11-11 RIVER (REGION FREE IMPORT) BLU-RAY [PRE-ORDER].png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

Yihetuan

Up for pre-order now with a March release date is Yudai Yamaguchi's action thriller, 1%er aka One-Percenter starring Tak Sakaguchi.

Action film actor Takuma Toshiro is a man  with only one goal: the perfection of action film acting.
But when his samurai-approach to the profession clashes with an industry addicted to wires, CGI and quick edits, Toshiro and his trusty apprentice Akira decide to make their dream film themselves.

When actual violence finds  its way onto their film set in the form of yakuza  mobsters looking for a hidden cache of drugs, Toshiro and Akira are suddenly thrust into action. Is this the ideal  opportunity to take his “Real Action” to the next level? As lives are lost and chaos ensues, Toshiro finds  that the gap between action “fantasy” and “reality” isn’t quite what he thought!

Bonus Features

• Audio Commentary by Arne Venema and Mike Leeder
  • Making Of
  • Trailers
  • Reversible Sleeves
Director: Yudai Yamaguchi

Cast: Tak Sakaguchi, Sho Aoyagi, Togo Ishii

Language: Japanese with English subtitles

Genre: Action, Martial Arts

Year: 2023

Certification: 15

Runtime: 85 minutes

Region: B

Screenshot_2024-01-05 One Percenter (bluray) standard edition.png

Screenshot_2024-01-05 One Percenter (bluray) standard edition(1).png

• Like 3

Super Ninja
38 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Up for pre-order now with a March release date is Yudai Yamaguchi's action thriller, 1%er aka One-Percenter starring Tak Sakaguchi.

Action film actor Takuma Toshiro is a man  with only one goal: the perfection of action film acting.
But when his samurai-approach to the profession clashes with an industry addicted to wires, CGI and quick edits, Toshiro and his trusty apprentice Akira decide to make their dream film themselves.

When actual violence finds  its way onto their film set in the form of yakuza  mobsters looking for a hidden cache of drugs, Toshiro and Akira are suddenly thrust into action. Is this the ideal  opportunity to take his “Real Action” to the next level? As lives are lost and chaos ensues, Toshiro finds  that the gap between action “fantasy” and “reality” isn’t quite what he thought!

Bonus Features

• Audio Commentary by Arne Venema and Mike Leeder
  • Making Of
  • Trailers
  • Reversible Sleeves
Director: Yudai Yamaguchi

Cast: Tak Sakaguchi, Sho Aoyagi, Togo Ishii

Language: Japanese with English subtitles

Genre: Action, Martial Arts

Year: 2023

Certification: 15

Runtime: 85 minutes

Region: B

Screenshot_2024-01-05 One Percenter (bluray) standard edition.png

Screenshot_2024-01-05 One Percenter (bluray) standard edition(1).png

I'm gonna be getting this. Just found out about this movie recently, it'll be interesting to see how the gorefest master handles MA action. When Yamaguchi and Sakaguchi team up, it's usually something to be looking forward to.

• Like 2

ironfistedmonk

One Percenter looks cool and I like the premise, are there any other decent Third Window action films?  Mad Cats looks a little bit kooky for my taste!

Yihetuan

Some more upcoming Director's Choice films from TWF. Looking forward to Crazy Family & Love Hotel the most! TWF also releasing Shinya Tsukamoto's latest as well.

Screenshot_2024-01-06 Love Hotel Blu-ray (Rabu hoteru ラブホテル Director's Company Edition) (United Kingdom).png

Screenshot_2024-01-06 Luminous Woman Blu-ray (光る女 Hikaru onna Director's Company Edition) (United Kingdom).png

Screenshot_2024-01-06 Shadow of Fire Blu-ray (ほかげ Hokage) (United Kingdom).png

Screenshot_2024-01-06 The Crazy Family Blu-ray (逆噴射家族 Gyakufunsha kazoku Director's Company Edition) (United Kingdom).png

• Like 2

Yihetuan
On 1/5/2024 at 11:25 AM, Super Ninja said:

I'm gonna be getting this. Just found out about this movie recently, it'll be interesting to see how the gorefest master handles MA action. When Yamaguchi and Sakaguchi team up, it's usually something to be looking forward to.

This will be released by Well Go for those that prefer Region A and will be cheaper to boot. But it will be probably be more bare bones than the Region B TWF blu ray.

• Like 1

Super Ninja
5 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

This will be released by Well Go for those that prefer Region A and will be cheaper to boot. But it will be probably be more bare bones than the Region B TWF blu ray.

Thanks for the heads up but I'll most likely grab the TWF release. Extras plus it might end up being cheaper as there aren't any customs fees.

• Like 2

Yihetuan

The next set of three Director's Company releases are up for pre-order.

Screenshot_20240402-055444.png

• Like 1

BigDruDogg

Being a big Japanese wrestling fan, I found it was Hilarious when I learned Keiji Muto was staring in Luminous Woman :rofl.. Now it's coming to Blu-Ray

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, BigDruDogg said:

Being a big Japanese wrestling fan, I found it was Hilarious when I learned Keiji Muto was staring in Luminous Woman :rofl.. Now it's coming to Blu-Ray

It's an awful film and I only watched it due to Muto being in it. My review was:

"Luminous Woman - An awful 157m (extended cut) of crap. I watched it due to Keiji Muto being in it as I'm a big fan of his but the movie sucks! The extended cut has huge amounts of scenes with no audio making it pointless being in the film. BORING! Muto was actually annoying in this."

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Haha 2

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, BigDruDogg said:

It's definitely a weird film & not for all tastes but I'm looking forward to seeing it again in HD subtitled. I'm still pissed the way The Great Muta was treated here. He should've been a star & not just a heel. Was there a more athletic wrestler of that time period? His was the original "people's elbow" & he did way better than the Rock.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yihetuan

The next title up for pre-order is Lim Kah-wai's YOUR LOVELY SMILE.

A bittersweet, hilarious, enlightening and inspirational road trip through Japanese arthouse cinemas with independent filmmaker Hirobumi Watanabe, who also struggles to release his own movies in real life. This delightful minimalist micro-budget dramedy ironically and truthfully depicts a sorrowful post-Covid situation in Japanese cinemas, the rapidly changing film culture and the newly (re)discovered habits of spectators as an unyielding optimist Hirobumi painstakingly and stubbornly strives to invent clever distribution methods while keeping on striving to make movies.

Special Features and Technical Specs:

• Interview with director Lim Kah Wai (29 minutes)
  • Interview with film festival programmer Yoshi Yatabe (20 minutes)
  • Deleted and Extended Scenes (24 minutes)
  • Trailer
  • In Japanese, with English subtitles

17636_tn.jpg

• Like 1