When Taekwondo Strikes (1973)

David Rees

On 1/20/2021 at 5:57 AM, saltysam said:

I know that Fortune Star have restored this. Really hope it surfaces from 88 or Eureka, maybe as an Angela Mao box set.

That would be GREAT !!

On 1/20/2021 at 8:28 AM, ShawAngela said:

That would be GREAT !!

With ALL Angela's movies, even Deadly China Doll, Revenge of Kung Fu Mao and a lot of other movies that aren't very much talked about...

• Like 4

DragonClaws

I wonder how mcuh Ann Winton got paid for her acting job in When Taekwondo Strikes?. Star Angela Mao, was never paid the same as her male counterparts who she appeared with at the time.

• Like 2

Cognoscente

Andre Morgan would know. He was responsible for people getting paid on Enter the Dragon. There's an anecdote in Robert Clouse's ETD book about Andre going to the bank to get money and feeling like he was playing cops & robbers.

• Like 3

DragonClaws
15 hours ago, Cognoscente said:

Andre Morgan would know. He was responsible for people getting paid on Enter the Dragon. There's an anecdote in Robert Clouse's ETD book about Andre going to the bank to get money and feeling like he was playing cops & robbers.

I know she spent most of her fee to attend Bruce Lee's funeral, Andre Morgan would be one of the best people to ask.

• Like 2

Cognoscente

The August '73 issue of Martial Magazine had Winton on the cover. The second image came from a Taiwanese auction site.

7e6008967cbf5cd4_b.jpg

21212316043645_885.jpg

• Like 4

Cognoscente

I found a better photo of the cover along with some other related material. The final image was taken from the summer '74 issue of Professional Karate (Vol. 1, No. 4).

12487196_490302617824059_1054780876329710071_o.jpg

10321043_280263845494605_4611734910463636864_o.jpg

10333450_258314741022849_3683185819370189812_o.jpg

summer 74 karate.jpg

• Like 3

I love this movie and would buy a blu ray day one. I have it on the Shout martial arts double feature dvd.

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 3

On 6/20/2021 at 7:45 PM, Cognoscente said:

10333450_258314741022849_3683185819370189812_o.jpg

This kick ! It's the very same often used by Angela Mao in several of her movies !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

Which Andre ?

The same Andre who's mentioned a few times in the first post - Mr. Morgan.

I wish that Golden Harvest had got Jon Benn to play Father Lewis instead of Andre.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cognoscente said:

The same Andre who's mentioned a few times in the first post - Mr. Morgan.

I wish that Golden Harvest had got Jon Benn to play Father Lewis instead of Andre.

Sorry, I didn't read again the whole thread. 

Thanks !

• Like 2

LauTakWahfan61

I just watched the Angela Mao and Sammo movies this past week. When Taekwondo Strikes I just got on vcd and it was my first watch! Not too bad. Hope it gets its Eureka release soon! It fits right in there with Hapkido and Lady Whirlwind🙏🏼

• Like 2

WarriorBloodCrest

Not that important I guess, but I always wondered how Joon Rhee's character got his pants tattered, torn up to the knees and left barefeet in the latter half of the movie. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WarriorBloodCrest said:

Not that important I guess, but I always wondered how Joon Rhee's character got his pants tattered, torn up to the knees and left barefeet in the latter half of the movie. 

Probably left on the cutting room floor.  When it came to alternate versions, Golden Harvest movies had more variants than a 90s Marvel comic.  Watch, now somebody will show up with a longer Taiwanese cut that explains everything!

• Like 3