Til Death Do Us Part (2023) Cam Gigandet, Jason Patric, Natalie Burn, Orlando Jones, DY Sao

AlbertV

I just heard about this movie and this may be my last watch of 2023. It has a Ready or Not meets Scott Pilgrim vs. the World meets Violent Night kind of vibe. When a bride-to-be decides she can't go through the wedding, her disappointed groom and his seven groomsmen decide to track her down and make an example out of her...big mistake!!! There are some martial arts in it too with DY Sao playing one of the groomsmen and stunts coordinated by former martial arts champion turned stuntman and coordinator Arnold Chon.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

So I watched this today...there is a possibility this may need to be moved to the modern martial arts section. Natalie Burn is aces as the Bride (no names of characters here) and she delves into a lot of kickboxing and jiujitsu in a wedding dress throughout the film against the deadly groomsmen, led by best man Cam Gigandet. She does get to use a chainsaw and knives at one point, but she does a lot more MA in the film than I expected and she's actually pretty freaking good. Arnold Chon was stunt coordinator as I mentioned with D.Y. Sao as the film's fight choreographer. 

I also watched it (or rather took an extensive look) a few weeks ago - not my kind of movie, but for sure, the leading actress did extremely well with the fighting aspect, and as mentioned above, there was lots of it there.

Almost, as much as blood, poorly written dialogues and horrible overacting.

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)

I remember it being pretty average though I thought Natalie Burn's was great as the bride. She can kick my arse any day.

MV5BODJmNzgzNzktNWZiYy00YTBhLWExM2UtZWZk

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

DarthKato
9 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I remember it being pretty average though I thought Natalie Burn's was great as the bride. She can kick my arse any day.

MV5BODJmNzgzNzktNWZiYy00YTBhLWExM2UtZWZk

Cat Wow GIF