U.S. Shaw Brothers announcement thread (UPDATED 4/30/06)

Linn1

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Ahh, so this is where to find the info on Images releases. Completely forgot about this thread being updated. Sorry Linn. I must say certain parts of this forum are like unexplored recesses of some dark forest which I forget or neglect to peer into...

Guest Ivy Ling Po

Human Lanterns & Killer Snakes should be released first since they are remastered from new & uncut masters. Does this mean the IVL of Intimate Confessions Of A Chinese Courtesan is already uncut?

Guest Markgway

Will keep my eye on these...

Mandarin:

HAVE SWORD WILL TRAVEL (02/06/07)

INTIMATE CONFESSIONS OF A CHINESE COURTESAN

(06/05/07)

Cantonese:

SHAOLIN INTRUDERS (04/10/07)

as far as i can tell BELLS OF DEATH is listed for july 3/ but i wouldn,t bet on it at this point. SHADOW WHIP on april 3/---HEAVEN AND HELL on may 8/this one is supposed to have the english dub---and DEADLY BREAKING SWORD on nov 6/ eng dub on this one to. a number of thier other tittles seem to be postboned.

Guest m burlock

I had heard that "Shaolin Intruders" was to be released in Apr. but when I web searched Amazon and Image I found no listing for this film, let alone a release date! Any news on this one anyone?

yes---BELLS OF DEATH is now officially listed on image website for release on july/3--with a cover shot. this one is supposed to include the english dub even though its not mentioned on the site.:rollin

Guest killer meteor

Can anyone confirm that Have Sword, will Travel and Vengeance Is A Golden Blade have been properly converted to NTSC speed? After Wandering Swordsman (which seems to be suffering from the same problems as Super Inframan), I'm not buying anymore

Guest m burlock

What happened to "Magic Blade"? It was to come out on May 22nd. I searched Image's website and all I got back was the "no results found" message or something like it. Anybody know anything?

say linn--did you ever get that complete 30 tittle list of image shaw releases? and if so is there any conformation which ones will actually include the english dub.(example-DEADLY BREAKING SWORD) thanks

Guest chen lung

'Shaolin Intruders'.

A proper NTSC version in mono with the original English dub/Cantonese and nicer subtitles would be very welcome :) . I sold off my IVL DVD when I heard of this release, but I'd be as well buying it back knowing the lousy contract...

yo---the rumour was that IMAGE was releaseing this with the original english dub BUT they were also reported to be releaseing HEAVEN AND HELL - BELLS OF DEATH with english dubs as well. and we all know what happened there. its still unknown if DEADLY BREAKING SWORD will include the english dub as promised. as for SHAOLIN INTRUDERS theres no more mention of it on their website-- only time will tell.

I stopped working with Image when I realized they weren't serious about fixing the problems or even remotely addressing them. I don't have enough time in my day waste on something I know won't be fixed. As for the dubs, I hope for the people that did work on this stuff that they do put them on there. We'll see.

As for the list, they never sent me one with the soundtracks. I was told Heaven and Hell and Bells of Death would have them, but no luck.

Archived