Chang Cheh: Memoirs and Criticism (2004)

pachito23

I'm interested in this book. Any opinions? Published both in Chinese and English. Thank you in advance. Currently being sold for 70 EUR :-(

article-20446137.jpeg.602fde6ec467a7d6f61cb5dda853fb03.jpeg

Edited by pachito23
  • Like 1

Yes I have that book as well & it's definitely worth owning. It's a shame that it's always so expensive. I've actually seen it sold for $200 on eBay! It's listed as OOP & rare even though I bought 3 copies online from a HK bookstore for less than $20 & gave them away as gifts to friends. This was just a couple years ago during COVID. I recently checked that bookstore again but unfortunately now it's listed as out of stock.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Yes I have that book as well & it's definitely worth owning. It's a shame that it's always so expensive. I've actually seen it sold for $200 on eBay! It's listed as OOP & rare even though I bought 3 copies online from a HK bookstore for less than $20 & gave them away as gifts to friends. This was just a couple years ago during COVID. I recently checked that bookstore again but unfortunately now it's listed as out of stock.

Thank you. I will have to be a little more patient. Someday someone will sell it for a fair price...

Edited by pachito23

31 minutes ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

I got it at hkbookcity some years ago, it's still on stock there. The prices are HK dollars. Delivery was long but cheap, IIRC I paid about 40 EUR for this, Chu Yuan's Oral History and shipment.

https://www.hkbookcity.com/showbook2.php?serial_no=141882

grafik.png.d89c985c473ea98eca44b6caf6a78eb8.png

Yes that's the store I bought my copies from a couple years ago. Last time I checked it was out of stock but glad to see it's still in print. @pachito23, this store is completely trustworthy but like @Chu Liu Hsiang mentioned the shipping is a bit slow but better than spending 70 euros!

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

I got it at hkbookcity some years ago, it's still on stock there. The prices are HK dollars. Delivery was long but cheap, IIRC I paid about 40 EUR for this, Chu Yuan's Oral History and shipment.

https://www.hkbookcity.com/showbook2.php?serial_no=141882

grafik.png.d89c985c473ea98eca44b6caf6a78eb8.png

How did you get the English page ? Also, did you have to pay customs fees before or after the shipping ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

How did you get the English page ? Also, did you have to pay customs fees before or after the shipping ?

click chinese letter in up right corner for language options.  Can`t speak for this store but usually habit is when order from HK you pay customs when items are in your country.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ChillyChong said:

click chinese letter in up right corner for language options.  Can`t speak for this store but usually habit is when order from HK you pay customs when items are in your country.

Just request they declare it as a "gift"

• Like 2