60 Minutes (2024) - Emilio Sakraya, Dennis Mojen, Marie Mouroum

AlbertV

Desperate not to lose custody, a mixed martial arts fighter makes dangerous enemies when he ditches a matchup to race to his daughter's birthday party. Directed by Oliver Kienle. The film premieres on Netflix on January 19.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

This looks like a lot of fun. I love the boxing style fight choreography. It's similar to the Korean drama, Bloodhounds. It helps that the film also stars Marie Mouroum. She's a badass stunt woman and not exactly difficult to look at.

• Like 1

Watched it this morning...solid grounded action scenes, Emilio Sakraya is definitely a name I'm going to be looking out more for. He was a former full contact karate champion in Germany so to see him here does well. Thomas Hackioglu was the film's action director and stunt coordinator. Marie gets in on some fight scenes herself as Emilio's trainer and friend who demands a raise after all the help she has done for the hero. There is even a great emotional scene. Emilio's character reminds me a bit of Johnny from Cobra Kai when it comes to his estranged relationship with his child. I gave it a solid B on my blog.

Drunken Monk

I thought this film was fantastic and will be a firm contender for action movie of the year, I imagine. Well, unless 2024 churns out a bunch of bangers.

It has plenty of emotional weight, it’s incredibly well paced and the action is fantastic. Based mostly on realism too. I loved whenever a fight scene rolled around 

Marie Mouroum is a highlight. She looks incredible on seen and pulls off some seriously heavy action. I hope she gets a starring vehicle one day.

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

Good looking out, guys. I'd forgotten about this. I'll check it out this week.

• Like 1

NoKUNGFUforYU

Lots of action, decent fights as our hero battles his way through Berlin. What's wild is that they have night clubs connected to the subway, so, less drunk driving.

Grim flick and there are plenty of WTF moments, but it goes by fast.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81486233

Good score on Rotten Tomatoes as well.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sixty_minutes

DarthKato

The whole time watching the trailer, I kept thinking that it looked like a buff Eminem was beating the crap out of people. lol

• Haha 2

ShaOW!linDude
20 minutes ago, laagi said:

Reminded me that I REALLY need to watch this one as well...

Yes, you do. While the story isn't the greatest, the choreography is solid.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, laagi said:

Reminded me that I REALLY need to watch this one as well...

Is this actually getting a US release?

5 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Is this actually getting a US release?

Unfortunately I don't think it has or will. Even in Germany it's only available on iTunes I think. No physical release from what I gather.

ShaOW!linDude

So, I watched this last night. The action is really good and hard-hitting. There are some nice impacts and rough falls. I did have to struggle not to just fast-forward to the fight scenes once I was about midway through the movie. The plot is serviceable but the main character's actions at times seem implausible. And the beginning of the movie gives the impression that the movie is going to play out in real time, but it doesn't. Still, the action is definitely worth rewatching, especially the fight in the gym and the nightclub.

• Like 3