Kung Fu Panda 4 (2024) Voices of Jack Black, Angelina Jolie, Jackie Chan, Viola Davis, Ke Huy Quan

AlbertV

Eight years ago, we saw Po's legacy as the Dragon Warrior solidified after three films. Now, it's his turn to find a new Dragon Warrior. Coming March 8, 2024 is Kung Fu Panda 4, which will see Po not only find a successor to be the new Dragon Warrior, but face an adversary in the form of the Chameleon (Viola Davis), a shapeshifter who is planning to take on Po using the forms of past adversaries. 

The Furious Five are set to return with Angelina Jolie as Tigress, Jackie Chan as Monkey, Seth Rogen as Mantis, David Cross as Crane, and Lucy Liu as Viper. Awkwafina is joining the cast as Zhen, a fox and cunning thief who Po could seek fit to take on the mantle. Ke Huy Quan is also joining the film in an unspecified role. The first trailer drops tomorrow. 

https://screenrant.com/kung-fu-panda-4-news-updates-release-date-story/

https://movieweb.com/kung-fu-panda-4-ke-huy-quan-viola-davis-jack-black/

Yeah... No! Sorry but Kung Fu Panda should've like so many others been a one of at least IMHO. I love the first movie! For me it's a perfect 10/10. With each new chapter and TV show it just gotten worse. 

@PandaPawPaw I'm disappointed sir not see a review of a movie bearing and featuring your kin!

Kung Fu Lol GIF by DreamWorks Animation

Anyway, despite my earlier criticism I for one decided to watch the latest entry in the 'Kung Fu Panda' universe (thank you Hollywood, keep doing the good work!).

Truth be told it was pretty good, obviously never on par with the original. As much of what made 'Kung Fu Panda' stand out at the time has been removed in favor of slapstick humor and fighting spectacle. And I don't consider this a spoiler since it's been obvious from the trailer(s) 'The Furious Five' are unfortunately MIA.

The story is pretty bare bone and they could've honestly made more of it IMHO. Unfortunately you see every twist and turn coming a mile away. Also it features 'Awkwafina' and her voice remains an acquired taste, even though admittedly I liker her quirkiness.

It's a fun 90 minutes with my second favorite panda ;) but ultimately nothing will stick with me! If you like Po and don't mind 'Awkwafina' it's a recommendation from me.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, laagi said:

@PandaPawPaw I'm disappointed sir not see a review of a movie bearing and featuring your kin!

Kung Fu Lol GIF by DreamWorks Animation

Anyway, despite my earlier criticism I for one decided to watch the latest entry in the 'Kung Fu Panda' universe (thank you Hollywood, keep doing the good work!).

Truth be told it was pretty good, obviously never on par with the original. As much of what made 'Kung Fu Panda' stand out at the time has been removed in favor of slapstick humor and fighting spectacle. And I don't consider this a spoiler since it's been obvious from the trailer(s) 'The Furious Five' are unfortunately MIA.

The story is pretty bare bone and they could've honestly made more of it IMHO. Unfortunately you see every twist and turn coming a mile away. Also it features 'Awkwafina' and her voice remains an acquired taste, even though admittedly I liker her quirkiness.

It's a fun 90 minutes with my second favorite panda ;) but ultimately nothing will stick with me! If you like Po and don't mind 'Awkwafina' it's a recommendation from me.

I ain't watching this shiitake with their pale panda imitations!

Though I do like Awkwafina. Her show Nora from Queens was good.

fda2edf3fe240888631144a5f84f99a6.jpg

If ma name ain't on it then you's don't needs to see it!

I ain't got no interest in seeing. The 1st was OK, 2nd meh, 3rd was cool because of all the Pandas especially baby one but yeah this stuff ain't to ma liking.

Cool you enjoyed it though. :D

TBH though, CGI animated films aren't really something I enjoy. I find them hard to get into/connect with.

• Haha 1