Godfather of Hong Kong (English Dub) and Chinese Professionals - Screening at Anthology Film Archives NYC Jan 27th

odioustrident

odioustrident

There will be a private screening of 2 rare prints at the Anthology Film Archives in New York City. 

Tickets are $20 at the door. This is a private screening so tickets cannot be purchased online but EVERYONE IS WELCOME. The ticket booth at the theater will be selling the tickets. 

You will not see this advertised on a google search or on the theater's website. There is seating for 75 people so the person running the event encourages people to come early. 

Godfather of Hong Kong (1973) will be the English dub on a 16mm print. It is the only opportunity I know of to see this film in English. 

Chinese Professionals will be what I'm told is a good quality 35mm print.  It is the same version of One Armed Boxer that screened during the first wave of the grindhouse era.

I can answer further questions on this thread or via PM. I will be posting a flyer on this thread when I get it from the event producer.

January 27th    12:00 PM

Anthology Film Archives

32 2nd Ave, New York, NY 10003

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I have seen both on the big screen but that was over 40+ years ago.

I would love to see them both again if nothing comes up that Saturday. 

I pass the Anthology all the time but I haven't been inside in a while.