Terminator Anime (NETFLIX) (2024?)

PandaPawPaw

Not much is known about it just yet but seeing as it's being made by Production I.G it should be good.

It'll look better than my old fanart I drew. :D

terminator_by_pandapawpaw_d652p2w-375w-2

This A.I made video is pretty cool.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Just let this franchise DIE!

The movies yes but I welcome an Anime, it might be good............................

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

The movies yes but I welcome an Anime, it might be good............................

I wouldn't mind seeing a Manga adaption of the first two films. But nothing new. This franchise has been abused way too much already. 

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

Hitting Netflix in August, Terminator Zero is apparently the next chapter of the Terminator franchise.

I kind of like that it’ll be animated. It could allow them to do some really cool shit.

IMG_7307.jpeg

IMG_7308.jpeg

IMG_7309.jpeg

IMG_7310.jpeg

PandaPawPaw
8 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I'm not really liking the animation quality and there looks like far too much CGI. Some of the seasonal Anime looks way better than that.

A part from that the trailer was OK.

starschwar

The release date - the anniversary of Judgment Day - is a nice touch. 

• Like 1

starschwar

I'm not really feeling this.  It looks like a hodgepodge of greatest hits, just with some mild anime styling.  There's a little Animatrix Second Renaissance going on in there, but I doubt this will be as artful. 

• Like 1

starschwar

Rosario Dawson as Kokoro: an AI developed by Malcolm Lee, who is Japan’s answer to Skynet.

Skynet's rival is named "Heart"?  Deep cut reference to Salvation, isn't it?  Eh... I can't tell if this is all clever and I'm not seeing it, or if it's just creative bankruptcy.  I don't have a Netflix subscription, so I'll have to wait on word of mouth. 

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)

MV5BNzk3YzI2ZDUtMmFjNy00ZmQwLWFiNWUtODcw

That Terminator can't shoot for shit!

I like the music but not sold on the mix of animation and CGI. Something that rarely if ever works in Anime.

Edited by PandaPawPaw

PandaPawPaw

This was OK. It did seem to blend bits from the Terminator movies like the police station attack from T1 or one of the Termies wearing the T-1000 police biker uniform from T2 or the time travel stuff.

The story was OK but nothing new really and it is set in Japan which doesn't really add much to it. I did like the action with the Termies and there was some cool stuff in there.

My biggest problem with it was quality of the animation and the use of CGI and 2D stuff which never worked. The CGI is good but sometimes it'll go from CGI to hand drawn 2D animation or vice versa and it's really jarring. The characters are sometimes drawn really poorly and the whole thing has a weird soulless feel to it at times.

NETFLIX and Production I.G should equal top notch animation (budget wise) but it's missing here and in fact the current Summer season has Anime that looks way better than this which probably have a way smaller budget than T0.

6/10.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm somewhere in between the two gentlemen above me (did I just make this super awkward). 

I liked it enough to enjoy the 8 episodes. It does drag IMHO unnecessary at times especially towards the end.

And while I'm definitely not a lore expert when it comes to the Terminator franchise; I've only watched the '84 '91 and 2019 version, I thought this added some good content. Although it's nothing ground-breaking that's for sure!

Some interesting thoughts being thrown around that make you think but again never scratching beneath the surface. 

I loved Misaki! Literally... lol. At times annoyed with Kenta but yeah I get where he was coming from.

For fans of the franchise, Anime or SciFi this can be easily recommended. 

• Like 1