What action stars that are washed up and should retire from motion pictures?

OpiumKungFuCracker

Of "younger generation" I  try to avoid The Rock unless there is movie am definitely interested of plot. There is nothing particularly irrating in him, even used to like him in past. Just got bored when saw him in too many movies at short period of time.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

OpiumKungFuCracker
1 hour ago, ChillyChong said:

Of "younger generation" I  try to avoid The Rock unless there is movie am definitely interested of plot. There is nothing particularly irrating in him, even used to like him in past. Just got bored when saw him in too many movies at short period of time.

I feel the same way about the rock. He doesn't irritate me and I don't really care for his movies much but a great person nonetheless. 

• Like 2

Jackie Chan for sure,he keeps churning out crap after crap.He reminds of the boxers who are way past there best but just can’t let it go.Does anyone think he knows he’s films are a bad quality but just doesn’t care?SHOW ME THE MONEY springs to mind.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

One Armed Boxer
16 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Steven Segal. Can't stand the twat.

Forcefully retired since 2019 thankfully (or not, depending on your perspective).

robertobobson
On 11/25/2023 at 4:22 AM, PandaPawPaw said:

Steven Segal. Can't stand the twat.

He is consistently the most disappointing omission in any Academy Awards....

Spoiler

'In Memoriam' section

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, DarthKato said:

Yeah, Jackie Chan should have retired years ago. 

He should have made good on his word to be a director and find "new blood" (from Best of the Martial Arts Films). 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, AlbertV said:

He should have made good on his word to be a director and find "new blood" (from Best of the Martial Arts Films). 

That would have been such a great move. We really need some new blood, with all the legends not getting any younger and nobody new really standing out. Guys like Stallone and Arnold should also be doing something like that. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, DarthKato said:

That would have been such a great move. We really need some new blood, with all the legends not getting any younger and nobody new really standing out. Guys like Stallone and Arnold should also be doing something like that. 

Stallone is depressingly making a Sequel to cliffhanger where he isn't even going to be the main character. In three years he's going to be 80...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, AlbertV said:

I thought JuJu Chan had a good chance of becoming new blood but she isn't getting leading roles-, she's 35 so has another five years to blow up I think. Scott Adkins is nearly 50. 

Hollywood failed to properly utilise Iko Uwais and he's aged out now- Donnie has yet to headline an English language action film and he's 61 in 2024. 

I was very impressed by the Chinese lady in Accident Man 2, but she's 40 soon.

genuinely can't think of anyone else...

Edited by Josh Baker
  • Like 1

DarthKato
On 12/30/2023 at 7:40 PM, Josh Baker said:

Stallone is depressingly making a Sequel to cliffhanger where he isn't even going to be the main character. In three years he's going to be 80...

He knows the movie is probably going to be subpar at best. So why not focus that energy on recruiting a new generation of young stars to take his place? I typed in "New Action Stars" into Google and everyone I saw was near/over 40 or not that well known. 

• Love 1