Movies where the bad guy is the one who wants revenge

SDJ

So everybody knows the "protagonist wants to avenge his murdered parents/master" cliche, probably the most identifiable kung fu movie trope to people who don't generally watch kung fu movies. But for no reason at all I've been wondering how many movies there are where it's actually the villain who revenge for something.

Off the top of my head there's Master of the Flying Guillotine and Leg Fighters. I feel like I've seen lots of others in the distant past but I'm drawing a blank.  

There must be more, and I want to see the ones I haven't already seen (particularly the good ones), help me out?

• Like 2

Secret rivals 2. Crippled avengers although revenge aspect of Black Tiger is not that big in movie it does exitst.

Quite loose but in My young auntie Wang Lung Wei got angered because he did not inherit family fortune but it was passed to someone else.

Edited by ChillyChong
  • Like 1

Killer darts and Vengeful beauty : both sides, good and bad, seek revenge on each other.

Unparalleled judo knife  : Chen Hung Lieh seeks revenge after being expelled by his master.

• Like 1

Monkey Fist, Floating Snake is interesting in that the villain has the "loses and trains for redemption fight" arc usually reserved for heroes in late 70s kung fu comedies.

• Like 1

Was Human Lanterns about a sort of twisted revenge? I can't really remember, I haven't seen it in over a decade.

4 hours ago, Omni Dragon said:

Was Human Lanterns about a sort of twisted revenge? I can't really remember, I haven't seen it in over a decade.

Oh, yeah. The monkey guy wants revenge on the main character, and plots & schemes around the protagonist's catty feud with some other wealthy swordsman. Good one.

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer

If I remember correctly isn't Chen Kuan Tai essentially seeking revenge on anyone and everyone for his wife having her legs chopped off and his son having his arms chopped off in Chang Cheh's 'Crippled Avengers'?

• Like 1

The Dragon's Snake Fist, Choe Min-gyu plots revenge after he is crippled in a duel with Kim Ki-joo.

I think in Ninja In The Dragon's Den, Hwang Jeong-ri olny shows up for the final fight to avenge the defeat of his son?

The following ones I'm not sure on either as it's been a while that I've watched them fully:

Fist Of Fury 2?

The Big Boss 2?

Dance With Drunken Mantis?

The Leg Fighters aka The Invincible Kung Fu Legs. In the opening scene, our hero Tan Hai-Chi kills Pan Fei (after PF tries to cheaply stab Tan after losing a duel) and his older brother Pan Pak, the Ground Kicker, seeks revenge against Tan. Both Pan Fei and Pan Pak were played by Peng Kang, one of the film's 3 fight choreographers. 

Edited by AlbertV

On 11/16/2023 at 6:08 PM, One Armed Boxer said:

If I remember correctly isn't Chen Kuan Tai essentially seeking revenge on anyone and everyone for his wife having her legs chopped off and his son having his arms chopped off in Chang Cheh's 'Crippled Avengers'?

Yes, he first loses his mind then if anyone makes fun of him or his son, he dispatches them, like Philip Kwok's hawker gets blinded after asking about the son's arms and Sun Chien's legs just for bumping into them.

ShawAngela

Rage of the master : the movie begins with Hsueh Han wanting revenge against Chiao Chiao's father.

MaskedAvenger85
On 12/18/2023 at 1:05 PM, SunChien said:

Mystery of Chess Boxing where Mark Long's character Ghost Faced Killer wants revenge on all those who opposed him.

Classic example! 

Blind fist of bruce:

SPOILER

Tiger yang is the main bad guy who as a young student got thrown out of yuen siu tin kung fu school because he was undisciplined. Some years later he seeked revenge by going to yuens home, killing his wife and blinding him. So at the end of the movie yuen and hi chung taos character get their revenge.

• Like 1

Death Ring with Chen Sing and later on with Lu Feng's characters trying to get revenge on Lee Chung Yat.