The Mondo Macabro Blu-ray Thread

whitesnake

Jared mentioned the other day that more Indonesian horror on the way. Always look forward to these titles & the more the merrier.

• Like 2

ChillyChong
1 hour ago, De Ming Li said:

SPECIAL SILENCERS to ship anytime soon?

From MM facebook;
"

here have been a lot of questions about when the Halloween bundles will ship, even though we have let everyone know that they would begin going out in January.
We still hope to meet that goal. But there has been delays at our replicator that have put us behind about three weeks at least. This is sadly completely out of our hands. We turned everything over to them more than a month ago now. We SHOULD have already been able to begin the shipping process.
However, this has not turned out to be the case.
We will be giving an update next week once we have a better idea of when the stock will actually ship to us. Everything is CLOSE to being done but the final assembly is taking forever.
We apologize for the long wait, but we promise it's almost over."

Did read vinegar is having delays with January titles hopefully delays are not pandemic as Run and Kill should be shipped this month...
  • Like 2

Delays are all over...ordered Dead Air from Terror Vision October 13th and still waiting. Somebody needs to open another replication factory. 

Tentative Mondo Macabro 2024 Schedule

On sale in June, shipping in July –
WARRIOR TRILOGY – Triple feature BD set of some of the wildest action films ever made in Indonesia or anywhere else. Features all of the ‘Jaka Sembung’ films starring Barry Prima and produced by Rapi Films in the 1980s

On sale in August, shipping in September –
Two more utterly insane Japanese films from Toei studios. Both from the 1970s. One is making its North American disc debut, the other is making its HD debut (and yes, UHD is possible on this one, we just need to examine the new scan when it arrives)

I was hoping for School of the Holy Beast but unfortunately, it's already been ruled out by Jared. @Takuma you have your pulse on what's making its way to HD over in Japan from Toei, any educated guesses on the the two titles?

On 1/25/2024 at 11:29 AM, Yihetuan said:

I was hoping for School of the Holy Beast but unfortunately, it's already been ruled out by Jared. @Takuma you have your pulse on what's making its way to HD over in Japan from Toei, any educated guesses on the the two titles?

Was School of the Holy Beast ruled out recently, or back when all Norifumi Suzuki films were unavailable to license? I remember Jared said that a couple of years ago, but that was when Suzuki films were not available to anyone outside of Japan. That only changed sometime last year, with Film Movement (Red Peony Gambler 2) and Discotek (Sex and Fury) being the fastest ones to announce upcoming Suzuki releases. Jared also confirmed Terrifying Girls' High School 1-3 have been sold to some other company.

That being said, I'm not aware of School having an HD master yet, so that would obviously pose an issue.

There's a lot of other cool stuff that do have HD masters available, the latest addition being Teruo Ishii's Bohachi Bushido which will have it's HD premiere next week on Toei Channel! That films needs a BD release asap!

Edited by Takuma
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Takuma said:

Was School of the Holy Beast ruled out recently, or back when all Norifumi Suzuki films were unavailable to license? I remember Jared said that a couple of years ago, but that was when Suzuki films were not available to anyone outside of Japan. That only changed sometime last year, with Film Movement (Red Peony Gambler 2) and Discotek (Sex and Fury) being the fastest ones to announce upcoming Suzuki releases. Jared also confirmed Terrifying Girls' High School 1-3 have been sold to some other company.

That being said, I'm not aware of School having an HD master yet, so that would obviously pose an issue.

There's a lot of other cool stuff that do have HD masters available, the latest addition being Teruo Ishii's Bohachi Bushido which will have it's HD premiere next week on Toei Channel! That films needs a BD release asap!

yes, Jared mentioned SoTB was ruled out as late as a week ago. Someone else suggested Yuji Makaguchi's Torn Priestess but he also ruled that one out as no HD master was available.

9 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

I missed out on the pre order! Bummer!

Mondo still plan to release a standard retail version sometime early this year.

• Buddha Bless You 1

6 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Someone else suggested Yuji Makaguchi's Torn Priestess but he also ruled that one out as no HD master was available.

That's not correct, though. Toei did a brand new HD master for Torn Priestess a year ago. In fact, Toei has HD masters for all of Yuji Makiguchi's film except for Hiroshima Honour, and they all aired on Toei Channel in 2022-2023,

torn4.jpg

torn1.jpg

torn3.jpg

1 hour ago, Takuma said:

That's not correct, though. Toei did a brand new HD master for Torn Priestess a year ago. In fact, Toei has HD masters for all of Yuji Makiguchi's film except for Hiroshima Honour, and they all aired on Toei Channel in 2022-2023,

torn4.jpg

torn1.jpg

torn3.jpg

Ok, I just checked again to verify & Jared mentioned "the last time he asked" an HD master wasn't available. He made that statement last week. So he must've asked before last year & is unaware that an HD master now exists for that film.

Edited by Yihetuan

On 1/25/2024 at 11:29 AM, Yihetuan said:

@Takuma you have your pulse on what's making its way to HD over in Japan from Toei

Now here's a more comprehensive answer to your question, as to what could be released:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=370696

Latest good news: Delinquent Girl Boss: Blossoming Night Dreams premiering in HD on Toei Channel in March. The rest will almost certainly follow in Apr.-Jun.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 5:57 AM, De Ming Li said:

SPECIAL SILENCERS to ship anytime soon?

I received my shipping notice today. Should be getting yours soon too.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)

This is music to my ears. The "not yet" part re: Mystics in Bali and also curious to see what Indo film Jared has in store for us this year.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 17-51-29 The Official Mondo Macabro Thread - Page 1110 - Blu-ray Forum.png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2

Super Ninja
6 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I want to ping @Super Ninja & @sifu iron perm because they might be excited about this news.

screenshot-x.com-2024.06.06-17_57_16.png

GPaVn_0aQAAB-4k.jpg

GPaVqWMaEAM9nO2.jpg

GPaVsNHbQAAVSOD.jpg

GPaVtnpaEAAmU0c.jpg

Absolutely! This is gonna seriously mess up my must-get-this-month BR list, but I don't care. Getting my paycheck on the 15th, I'll be ready for preorder wars. 

Lionsgate Rambo GIF by Rambo: Last Blood

• Like 2

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)

Had no idea Timo Tjahjanto has a script and plans for the Blindswordsman character. Hopefully it comes to realization one day.

https://bumilangit.com/en/2018/11/11/timo-tjahjanto-ready-to-revive-si-buta-dari-gua-hantu-to-the-big-screen/

https://www.thejakartapost.com/life/2018/05/11/director-hints-at-big-screen-adaptation-of-si-buta-dari-gua-hantu.html

Screenshot 2024-06-08 at 18-03-51 Home _ X.png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

ChillyChong

Warrior boxset will be MA release of the year(sorry arrow and severin). The scene in set description Black Squirrel her opponent was named Mistress of the devil. Or similar...

Yihetuan
9 hours ago, ChillyChong said:

Warrior boxset will be MA release of the year(sorry arrow and severin). The scene in set description Black Squirrel her opponent was named Mistress of the devil. Or similar...

official MM trailer

• Like 2
  • Love 1

ChillyChong

Warrior_Collection_disc02B.png?auto=form

While shipping and import fees increase total quite a lot, list price $35 for Warrior set is bargain. Can`t wait to see Warrior&The Ninja again after roughly 25 years.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Yihetuan
58 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

Preordered!

Me too. Jared made it a point to say The Warrior Trilogy will be reasonably priced unlike some of the other boxsets coming from other boutique labels of late. I think this will be one of the more underrated releases of the year.

Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 09-59-12 Mail - James Harding - Outlook.png

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Super Ninja
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Me too. Jared made it a point to say The Warrior Trilogy will be reasonably priced unlike some of the other boxsets coming from other boutique labels of late. I think this will be one of the more underrated releases of the year.

Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 09-59-12 Mail - James Harding - Outlook.png

51$ for me. Might have additional expenses when it arrives, but shouldn't be more than 10$. Still OK. These films, that quality.. great price for a great release.

• Like 1