Babylon (2022) - Margot Robbie, Diego Calva, Brad Pitt

laagi

Finally watched this and overall I'm really glad I did as 'Babylon' does not disappoint. I'm aware a three hour long movie is off-putting to a lot nowadays myself included but this is such a wild ride I felt almost intoxicated the entire time.

I'm aware many including audiences and critics alike have shunned this at the box office. And yes to some degree I can see why as this is not some beautiful homage to the yesteryear of the silver screen. Rather an intimate and excessive look at the entire industry. With its drug and sex fueled parties, the lust, the passion, the loss of reality itself and so on. A true testament of what fame and money can do to yourself and your surroundings.

Yet somehow still a wonderful watch to those who have any interest at all in cinema and its creations. It's basically one giant slap to the face of everything Hollywood stands for yet at the same time a love letter to movies. How they can affect not only us as audiences but also everyone involved. From the big shot actors to the small time extras.

I've really enjoyed this A LOT. Mainly due to fantastic performances by Robbie, Calva and whilst more of a cameo Pitt who only seems to be getting better with age.

It's by no means perfect and some parts are just outrageously weird and dare I say displaced. But this movie is almost like a love child of the aforementioned excesses and for that alone I applaud director Damien Chazelle. It might not be for everyone but it certainly hit the right nerve with me.

If you have any love for the cinema watch this! Highly recommended.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

Spoiler it for me please? 

Spoiler

Elephant diarrhoeas all over a guy. Then at five mins in a girl pisses on a fat guys tummy.

Yeah this is going to be fun..........................

• Haha 2

When I watched TMNT Mutant Mayhem, The Nun II and GT I felt a certain way..............................

.....................................exactly how I'm feeling watching this shit! What the hell is even this!

48mins in...................

waiting-impatient.gif

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

An hour left! I hope this has 30mins of credits!

PPP did you survive? :wondering

Are you okay? :rofl

I watched it before & I still don't know what the hell I watched......but I did rewind to some scenes :lipssealed 

It is not a movie that I would highly recommend BUT it is a movie that you have to watch (experience) at least once........if you have the time. 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, thekfc said:

PPP did you survive? :wondering

Are you okay? :rofl

I watched it before & I still don't know what the hell I watched......but I did rewind to some scenes :lipssealed 

It is not a movie that I would highly recommend BUT it is a movie that you have to watch (experience) at least once........if you have the time. 

jim-carrey-hey.gif

Yeah so that was something. Overall I thought it was utter drivel and it just goes on and on and on and on........................

Not a big fan of any of the actors and I don't get the big deal about Robbie.

martin-she-aight.gif

The trailer made it look good but I guess that's the point of it. I wouldn't recommend the movie to anyone. My friend is going to be watching it soon and I'm not going to tell him I saw it or that I thought it was shit. I'll let him suffer! :D

I did like one scene though and that was when they were trying to shoot the first scene with sound and it kept getting messed up. That was funny as fuck! Especially the camera guy

Spoiler

dying from heatstroke! :o

Up there with Jojo Rabbit as two utterly shit movies.

Glad you enjoyed @laagi and that's awesome but sadly not for me.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

Edited by PandaPawPaw

On 10/23/2023 at 7:00 AM, PandaPawPaw said:
  Hide contents

Elephant diarrhoeas all over a guy. Then at five mins in a girl pisses on a fat guys tummy.

Yeah this is going to be fun..........................

Jesus...I think I'll go ahead and take a detour to Nopeville on this one. lol

• Haha 2

I missed this in theaters unfortunately. Caught it later on streaming and had a blast with it! It's a bit uneven - I didn't really like the gangster episode near the end - but it's rude, anarchic and packs a ton of punch! In a righteous world this would have gotten the praise The Fablemans got, and the forgettable Fableman would've been ignored. This is a true love letter to film making!

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1