AKA (2023) Netflix French Actioner - Alban Lenoir

laagi

Looks like the duo of director Morgan S. Dalibert and Alban Lenoir (Lost Bullet & Lost Bullet 2) are becoming the go to guys for Netflix if they're in need for an other french action movie.

The trailer at least seems to promise some good thrills. Anybody bother to check this out? Somehow this really flew under my radar but who can blame me with all the content Netflix shits out on to their platform :coveredlaugh

• Like 1

I haven't seen it yet, but it looks alright. This seems like another, what I will refer to as, a "Character Dependent" movie. Which is what I'm calling a film that is generic but is saved by the strength of its characters. 

• Like 1

How do you guys find all these movies! Without this site, I wouldn't know about half of them.

Trailer looks meh and is that Eric 'seagulls' Cantona?!

He really should of done a MA movie by now.

VBpxvG.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/14/2023 at 10:42 PM, Frank Bolte said:

This one was fuckin nice! Loved it! 

It was pretty good. There's no denying Alban Lenoir is a very likeable brooding guy :laugh

I'd go as far as saying it is largely due to his on screen presence the movie works for the most part.

Favorite part has to be the drug den scene where he's taking out baddies using his surroundings. Some pretty nasty stuff in there.

Other then that some fairly good gun fights too. Although the one kill head shot (looking at you John Wick) does tend to get repetitive and tired pretty quickly.

That's not to say our protagonist doesn't get his fair share of physical punishment throughout. Something I always appreciate and makes him (for what it's worth) a bit more human rather than a one man killing machine.

As for the plot it is here where the movie stumbles at least IMHO. It's simply put just too overloaded.

It doesn't help either that the ending is delivered with a dramatic sledgehammer.

However overall I was never really bored, some good action here and there and a likeable leading man make this a recommendation.

• Like 1