What 70s movie had jackie running from a burning building

Koravec

Saw an early Jackie movie where he runs from a burning building (dojo probably) at the end. Was almost positive it was New Fist of Fury, but just got done watching it and there was no such scene.  Anyone know?

• Like 1

legendarycurry
34 minutes ago, Koravec said:

Saw an early Jackie movie where he runs from a burning building (dojo probably) at the end. Was almost positive it was New Fist of Fury, but just got done watching it and there was no such scene.  Anyone know?

Did some quick research, it appears to not be any of the Lo Wei era of films. Unless it is To Kill With Intrigue, which I was unable to find the ending of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, legendarycurry said:

Did some quick research, it appears to not be any of the Lo Wei era of films. Unless it is To Kill With Intrigue, which I was unable to find the ending of.

It's been years since I saw it, but I believe the ending to Intrigue is Jackie being reunited with his girlfriend and don't recall any fire scenes in it.

• Like 1

legendarycurry
48 minutes ago, CaldoTheKid said:

It's been years since I saw it, but I believe the ending to Intrigue is Jackie being reunited with his girlfriend and don't recall any fire scenes in it.

Ah I see, I also checked Eagle Shadow Fist, Cub Tiger From Kwantung, Master with Cracked Fingers. Found no such thing in the end.

• Like 1

Fortunately, I actually got a DVD of To Kill With Intrigue recently. But I didn't see any burning buildings and I can't recall such a scene from any of the JC films I've seen myself, so I'm afraid your search must continue.

• Like 1

Definitely wasnt too kill with intrigue.  Starting to think it was new fist of fury but my memory warped it into thinking the dojo was burning down.   Could of sworn it was jackie running from a burning dojo though...  as I remember watching it

Is there not a scientific term yet for kung fu movies people swear exist but are just warped versions of similar existing ones lol?

If I come across it watching old Jackie movies ever Ill come back here and let it be known. 

• Like 1

legendarycurry
On 10/8/2023 at 9:49 AM, Koravec said:

Definitely wasnt too kill with intrigue.  Starting to think it was new fist of fury but my memory warped it into thinking the dojo was burning down.   Could of sworn it was jackie running from a burning dojo though...  as I remember watching it

Is there not a scientific term yet for kung fu movies people swear exist but are just warped versions of similar existing ones lol?

If I come across it watching old Jackie movies ever Ill come back here and let it be known. 

A martial arts movie Mandela Effect perhaps. Like me remembering  the first time I  ever  saw Armor of God,  ( A broadcast on TV version that Alan Tam had more scenes and therefore I might have seen the mythical " If Jackie Died Cut" of it lol.

Spoiler

I watched end of New Fist Of Fury, Jackie  is just outside and gets bullet ridden from what I saw with no flames.

• Like 1