The Beekeeper (2024) David Ayer - Jason Statham

laagi

Looks like somebody's been pretty busy lately :laugh If Statham keeps this up his on screen persona is well on the way to become the next "Liam Neeson". Well my fellow FU-friends I'll let you be the judge of that one; trailer below.

• Like 1

The action director is Jeremy Marinas, who did John Wick 4 and xXx: The Return of Xander Cage and Close Range.

Darth Kermit

I love Statham. Loved The Meg movies, and even though it's David Ayer, I am pretty excited. Ayer has a 50/50 batting record, but Statham plus Marinas sounds great! I think the action looks pretty good in the trailer, so I'm hopeful.

• Like 1

• Administrator

This looks like a winner to me. The bad guys are exactly the type of predators I'd like to see suffer and the action looks clear and brutal. Plus, it's a "message movie" because as absurd as it may sound, if the bees (which are currently in serious trouble) die, so does pretty much life on Earth. Statham has got their little, striped backs, so that's a good thing. I usually don't watch trailers these days because all the spoilers sting, but this one was sweet and left me buzzing with excitement and hopes that it will fly high. :xd: My excuse for all the bad puns is... I'm a dad. :wink:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, DrNgor said:

The action director is Jeremy Marinas, who did John Wick 4

Do we run the risk of modern action to start feeling stale and hence having this sense of "seen it a hundred times before" because of this?

It may just be me but almost every new action movie somehow seems to draw from something that has already been done (from the producers of "enter famous action franchise").

I mean generally I'm OK with it but it's not like I've been blown away by any of it lately. And yes pun intended.

Looks sick! I'm a big fan of Statham, but it's been a while since I've been excited about one of his new films (Besides The Expendables franchise). This one though has caught my interest.  

Drunken Monk

I think this looks very solid. I'm actually a big fan of Ayer, despite his missteps, and think he can pull of action really well when he wants to. Statham is always reliable. Although WHY DON'T THEY LET STATHAM BE BRITISH? His American accent has always been shit.

• Like 2

The last decent Statham movie IMHO was 'Wrath of Man'. As for the action in the trailer (I should stop pissing on it) is it just me or is there barely any impact if so to speak? It looks like the punch just stops half-way through or maybe it's just badly captured.

'Next Liam Neeson'? More like 'bald Steven Seagal'.

Statham must have had his contracts revised and updated, so that instead of providing that he can't take more than three hits in a fight scene, they now set out he won't take more than three hits the entire movie.

The part where he single-handedly takes out an entire FBI squad with very basic moves, without as much as getting touched, just looks straight out of a spoof.

😥 for Jeremy Marinas. If only it were him in front of the camera instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

2 hours ago, Agent U said:

The part where he single-handedly takes out an entire FBI squad with very basic moves, without as much as getting touched, just looks straight out of a spoof.

Thank you :laluot_31:For a moment there I thought I'm the only one who noticed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Agent U said:

Damn, now that’s just harsh. lol

• Haha 1

This is the most fun I've had at the movies for months. Easily Statham and Ayer's best film in years. It sets up villains you truly loathe then lets Statham loose to deliver some absolutely brutal kills.

Lots of hand to had action and gunplay, all well filmed. You have to suspend your disbelief at the incompetence of the FBI and the villains, but that's par for the course. An old school revenge film in the best possible way, go and see this on the biggest screen.

Edited by SamSeed
  • Like 5

Josh Baker
5 hours ago, SamSeed said:

This is the most fun I've had at the movies for months. Easily Statham and Ayer's best film in years. It sets up villains you truly loathe then lets Statham loose to deliver some absolutely brutal kills.

Lots of hand to had action and gunplay, all well filmed. You have to suspend your disbelief at the incompetence of the FBI and the villains, but that's par for the course. An old school revenge film in the best possible way, go and see this on the biggest screen.

I thought it was the funniest comedy I've seen in months. 100% would recommend.

• Haha 1

On 10/6/2023 at 12:27 AM, DarthKato said:

Damn, now that’s just harsh. lol

You're right.

I'm sorry, Steven. You at least do hold a black belt. 

• Haha 1

On 1/18/2024 at 4:31 PM, Agent U said:

You're right.

I think at this point it's vice versa.

• Haha 2

On 10/5/2023 at 1:46 PM, Agent U said:

Statham must have had his contracts revised and updated, so that instead of providing that he can't take more than three hits in a fight scene, they now set out he won't take more than three hits the entire movie.

😥 for Jeremy Marinas. If only it were him in front of the camera instead.

More like bald Steven Seagal?! Now that's just going too far! But semi-seriously, I wouldn't diss Statham like that, Jason on his worst day has never been nearly as out of shape as Seagal on his best day. And as far as being bald, at least Statham has the good sense to just go with it, unlike a certain obviously very insecure Aikido master who shall remain nameless ... (Steven Seagal :))

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bruce said:

More like bald Steven Seagal?! Now that's just going too far! But semi-seriously, I wouldn't diss Statham like that, Jason on his worst day has never been nearly as out of shape as Seagal on his best day. And as far as being bald, at least Statham has the good sense to just go with it, unlike a certain obviously very insecure Aikido master who shall remain nameless ... (Steven Seagal :))

This shall never bee forgotten...

DarthKato
On 1/18/2024 at 10:31 AM, Agent U said:

You're right.

Maybe one that he got through the mail. lol

Besides, Statham has made several good movies, something that Segal only wishes that he was capable of doing, and he can actually fight without sitting down: 

image.png.9ccbaeed7eba8e1c6fd42376cb9213f8.png

• Haha 2

PandaPawPaw
38 minutes ago, DarthKato said:

Maybe one that he got through the mail. lol

Besides, Statham has made several good movies, something that Segal only wishes that he was capable of doing, and he can actually fight without sitting down: 

image.png.9ccbaeed7eba8e1c6fd42376cb9213f8.png

I had to google that to see how bad it is and geez that is utter shite! :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Super Ninja

Thank you @SamSeed, your words made me go see this one on the big screen and I walked out of the theater a happy man. 

The Beekeeper is so OTT it makes you laugh. In a good way. Fights choreographed by Jeremy Marinas are nothing original or groundbreaking, but are effective and impactful, and Statham looks badass delivering pain to those who deserve to be taught a lesson. But it's the Beekeeper character and the message that won me over. 

Stop reading here if you're not interested in my childish babble.

Like me, Beekeeper believes there's still some good left in the world. Like me, he doesn't like anybody being mean to older people. And like me, he doesn't like evil people doing bad things to good people. Unlike me, he uses violence to do something about it. To make sure that the evildoers get punished when the law has its hands tied or when justice turns a blind eye. This is an action movie for idealists and I sure am one. So if you're frustrated with injustice and care about the goodness in this world, you should enjoy this. This it what makes The Beekeeper my favorite Statham movie. I'm aware I'll sound like a naive six year old girl or a Miss Universe contestant, but yeah, I'm all for peace in the world and protection of the weak and innocent. Adam Clay is my hero.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 1/25/2024 at 7:28 PM, Super Ninja said:

Thank you @SamSeed, your words made me go see this one on the big screen and I walked out of the theater a happy man. 

The Beekeeper is so OTT it makes you laugh. In a good way. Fights choreographed by Jeremy Marinas are nothing original or groundbreaking, but are effective and impactful, and Statham looks badass delivering pain to those who deserve to be taught a lesson. But it's the Beekeeper character and the message that won me over. 

Stop reading here if you're not interested in my childish babble.

Like me, Beekeeper believes there's still some good left in the world. Like me, he doesn't like anybody being mean to older people. And like me, he doesn't like evil people doing bad things to good people. Unlike me, he uses violence to do something about it. To make sure that the evildoers get punished when the law has its hands tied or when justice turns a blind eye. This is an action movie for idealists and I sure am one. So if you're frustrated with injustice and care about the goodness in this world, you should enjoy this. This it what makes The Beekeeper my favorite Statham movie. I'm aware I'll sound like a naive six year old girl or a Miss Universe contestant, but yeah, I'm all for peace in the world and protection of the weak and innocent. Adam Clay is my hero.

I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as me. I know there are more complex stories out there, with shades of grey and moral ambiguity, but sometimes all I want to see it very bad things happen to people who are even worse, and The Beekeeper delivers that and then some. It looks like it's done pretty well at the box office too, so I hope it isn't too long before we hear news of a sequel. I did see Statham is teaming up with Ayer for his next film Levon's Trade, with a screenplay by Sylvester Stallone: https://deadline.com/2024/01/jason-statham-david-ayer-sylvester-stallone-amazon-levons-trade-movie-deal-1235805593/

Edited by SamSeed
  • Like 1