Any fans of The Green Hornet (1974) & The Fury Of The Dragon (1976)

CaldoTheKid

I have a DVD with both films on it but I haven't watched either film in so long I can't even remember if they are any good or not, maybe it's time for a re-watch.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MaskedAvenger said:

I have a DVD with both films on it but I haven't watched either film in so long I can't even remember if they are any good or not, maybe it's time for a re-watch.

Same here.

• Like 2

As a Bruce Lee fan I'm kind of a fan of the show, it was groundbreaking (in terms of martial arts action, anyway) for it's time. What is the deal with it never getting an official/legit/decent release onto dvd or, preferably blu-ray? Am I right to suspect the Lee Estate might have something to do with that, maybe asking for too big a cut? I thought when that  Green Hornet movie with Seth Rogen came out that someone would have the good sense to release the TV series, but nope, then when the Batman series came out on blu-ray, maybe then, but nope ... what's the deal, Shannon?!

• Like 2

dionbrother
On 9/26/2023 at 7:22 PM, Bruce said:

As a Bruce Lee fan I'm kind of a fan of the show, it was groundbreaking (in terms of martial arts action, anyway) for it's time. What is the deal with it never getting an official/legit/decent release onto dvd or, preferably blu-ray? Am I right to suspect the Lee Estate might have something to do with that, maybe asking for too big a cut? I thought when that  Green Hornet movie with Seth Rogen came out that someone would have the good sense to release the TV series, but nope, then when the Batman series came out on blu-ray, maybe then, but nope ... what's the deal, Shannon?!

Heard it has more to do with the William Dozier estate and whoever owns The Green Hornet IP.

• Like 2

Killer Meteor

The weirdest bit in both films is that part way through the final story in the first film, "The Praying Mantis", they show the resolution of a completely different episode, set in a health club. And it's mostly the Green Hornet talking to the villain. Blame the distributor's teenage son, as it was he who had the idea of inserting all the clips from random episodes!

And FURY only credits one director, William Beaudine, who had been dead for 7 years at that point!

• Like 2