The AhNeeMay thread.

CrazyFrog

10 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

So I take it you don't want to watch this then?

What about Urotsukidoji? Have you seen that series as well?

Thanks @laagi for the recommendation of Curse of the Yoma. I'll be looking into watching the two top ones, whenever I've finished watching Obsolete.

https://youtu.be/hk0pUzTNbrA?si=3mWxpEOSoKjMA6HP

https://youtu.be/sJViltnsYX0?si=Iodh2oCijTCPWDik

https://youtu.be/-PxH7dIhBy4?si=hyUa06CYNjK1lgBZ

For unknown reasons, the YT links don't seem to show up. I've copied links before many times and added them perfectly but today, not working as it should.

20240529_220140.jpg

I love that the distributor went out of their way to put a label on this "absolutely not for children".

Netflix No Shit GIF by Stranger Things

What monster or hero (depending from which perspective you're looking at it) would buy this DVD for a child AFTER looking at the cover.

"Oh this must be one of those cute weird little japanese shows for kids where they make friends with giant worms"

That Is Adorable Judy Greer GIF by Team Coco

PandaPawPaw

Ugh I fucking hate all that rape shit in Anime! I used to come across that crap when I first got into anime and it always turned me off! Luckily I don't come across it in the genres I watch these days.

Yggdrasil
14 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Ah, gotcha. It began life as an anime.

As most things do. Or manga.

PandaPawPaw

John Wick appears in places you'd never think of finding him! Even in a camping Anime! From Yuru Camp S3E09.

YC.thumb.jpg.2cba5a8c58f4109f2e1dc6d1ce0d44ef.jpg
  • Haha 1

Anyone watch this or have on their to-watch list? Friend of mine recommended it to me... it's now at episode 8 I think.

Yggdrasil
Posted (edited)

Currently watching Space Dandy.

I just love the look of it, even though its not traditional hand drawn anime.

There's just something cool about a Teddy Boy character in space.

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Love 1

PandaPawPaw
48 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Currently watching Space Dandy.

I just love the look of it, even though its not traditional hand drawn anime.

There's just something cool about a Teddy Boy character in space.

Yeah that's a solid anime. Love the OP and like you say the animation is great. Fun characters and story too.

This is one of my favourite tunes from it.

I finished 'Blood Reign: Curse of the Yoma' and really enjoyed it! Wished they delved a bit deeper into story and characters. Would've loved to watch an entire series.

Some great and creepy creature design set against the backdrop of feudal japan. Bloody at times but no over the top violence here could've done with more to be totally honest.

It's interesting how a lot of these have almost universal re-curing themes about love and brotherhood. I really dig the old school drawing style. Next up 'Cowboy Bebop: The Movie'.

Yggdrasil
36 minutes ago, laagi said:

I finished 'Blood Reign: Curse of the Yoma' and really enjoyed it! Wished they delved a bit deeper into story and characters. Would've loved to watch an entire series.

Some great and creepy creature design set against the backdrop of feudal japan. Bloody at times but no over the top violence here could've done with more to be totally honest.

It's interesting how a lot of these have almost universal re-curing themes about love and brotherhood. I really dig the old school drawing style. Next up 'Cowboy Bebop: The Movie'.

Loved Cowboy Bepop the series.  The film, not so much.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
15 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

Loved Cowboy Bepop the series.  The film, not so much.

Likewise about the series but the movie is pretty good too.

Spoiler

The train fight is great!

As is this fight.

This is my favourite tune from CBB.

Mushroom Samba is my favourite ep from the series. :D

Everything about that ep is perfect and the music is just amazingly good!

Yggdrasil
7 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Likewise about the series but the movie is pretty good too.

Reveal hidden contents

The train fight is great!

As is this fight.

This is my favourite tune from CBB.

Mushroom Samba is my favourite ep from the series. :D

Everything about that ep is perfect and the music is just amazingly good!

I've got the O.S.T soundtracks by Yoko Kano. Thought they were downstairs with my other CD's, but they're up in the loft.

I'm sure you know the ones I mean without me displaying them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 19-21-52 Podcast On Fire Network Facebook.png

I've had all but forgotten about this one but it's been sitting on my to-watch-list forever! Thank you for the reminder. Teaser below:

PandaPawPaw

I watched this a while back and while nothing amazing, it's cool to see.

PandaPawPaw

Seeing as finishing Urusei Yatsura left a gap I decided to try Cardcaptor Sakura.

MAL - Cardcaptor Sakura. "Sakura stumbled upon the book of Clow Cards in a library. Accidentally setting the magical cards loose, it's now up to Sakura to catch them all with her best friend Tomoyo, and Kerberos, the guardian of the cards."

The show consists of three seasons with the first two being pretty good. The 3rd kind of drags and overall it could of been told in a much shorter length (total of 70 eps).

While the show is on the cutesy side of things at times, it's not annoying/sickly. The characters are all good fun including the supporting ones. Watching Sakura capture the cards is pretty cool and her side kick Kero-Chan is cute and funny.

There is also a romance angle that is handled pretty well and I was rooting for the two characters to get together. The animation is OK and the music/VA is solid. 6/10.

There are also two movies:

MAL - Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 1. 6/10.
MAL - Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 2: Fuuin Sareta Card. 7/10.

The first one is average but the 2nd movie is pretty good. Both movies have an increase in animation quality and look much better than the series.

Some spin off's/specials.

MAL - Cardcaptor Sakura Video Diary. 7/10.
MAL - Cardcaptor Sakura: Kero-chan ni Omakase! 7/10.

Both are funny and worth a watch.

After all this there is:

MAL - Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Prologue - Sakura to Futatsu no Kuma (OVA).
MAL - Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen.

I've just started this but the animation and style compared to the previous three seasons is different and I like the change. The big eyes have been reduced in size and the characters look more grown up which works as the characters have now entered their first year of middle school. This series looks quite promising.

PandaPawPaw

Oh and I forgot to add the length of the characters legs in the OG Cardcaptor!

1.jpg.d77513fcaf1dbbf8a06c24b7e626c172.jpg

:P

PandaPawPaw

MAL - Super Mario World: Mario to Yoshi no Bouken Land.

"Super Mario World: Mario to Yoshi no Bouken Land is an interactive anime video based on the game Super Mario World. It is designed for use with Bandai's Terebikko system, which utilizes a telephone-shaped microphone to "interact" with the video. It asks the viewer multiple choice questions, such as what will hatch from Yoshi's egg."

Minusworld - A Super Mario World Re-Telling, Released on VHS and Controlled with a Fake Telephone.

terebikko_02.jpg

Drunken Monk

Well, my wife was in Florida last weekend so I was along with my thoughts...and my Hentai. Thanks to a friendly netizen (who shall remain nameless), I was gifted the full La Blue Girl series. So, stop reading here if you don't want to read about my first foray into the world of animated smut...

I put it on and was immediately greeted with some Ninja Scroll like action. Sure, the animation wasn't as glossy or well drawn but there were ninjas chopping other ninjas in half. Who am I to complain!? No ma'am, this was right up my alley. Coincidentally, I was about to see right up some characters' alleys, if you know what I mean.
La Blue Girl is pretty easy in terms of plot. There are two warring ninja factions who gone against each other over countless years. One of the clans, makes a deal with a bunch of demons and can summon said demons whenever they wish using what is essentially a lady's makeup mirror. Oh, did I mention the demons are sex demons? Because they are. Not sexy. Just sex demons.
Fast forward to modern day and the remaining survivor of one of clans (our titular lead) is given the makeup mirror to look after by her grandma, whose also trianing her in all types of ninja shit.

Sounds good, right? Well, it kind of is! It's a bit shoddy and not very well made but it's a cool enough premise. Reminded me of Devil Man a little.

Noe comes the sexy stuff...

When the first episode began, I found it insultingly tame. I got boobs. Big boobs. Big bouncy boobs. Which I love as much as the next man. But the "explicit stuff" was covered. I screamed at my tv, "Was I given a censored version!?" Nay, my friends. I was not. See La Blue Girl makes love to you. It starts gently. Kisses you a bit. Looks longingly into your eyes. Then it gives you cum covered faces and gaping...alleys?
This is the real deal. Firstly, there's a lot of masturbation going on. It seems to be these ladies' favaorite past-time. My wife scoffed at me and told me, "Of course I prefer you to masturbation!" Then I heard a strange buzzing from our bedroom. I think she was fighting a bee in there.
So loads of solo stuff. Then the sex demons get involved and we get tentacles. Loads of 'em. And they go everywhere you might imagine. But thankfully our hero has sex magic! Which seems to be razor sharp pubic hair she can fire like a porcupine. It seems to get her out of sticky situations...and I mean "sticky" in the literal sense.

The first episode was 40 minutes long and it felt about 2 hours. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing, to be honest. But it was HARDCORE. Very raunchy. It did not hold back on any aspect of the sexy stuff at all. It even had some...ahem...moments where the sex demons....ahem...."played in the backyard." Titilating, indeed.

So here I am at a fork in the road. Do I walk away from my Hentai experience with my intrigue satiated or do I take the other path where I dive, head first, in the rest of the La Ble Girl series? Honestly, a part of mw kinda wants to know what happens. I know that sounds like an excuse a 15 year old boy would make. But it's true. The bad guys have the makeup mirror? How's our chesty hero goin got get out of this one!? Gee, Scoob! I dunno!
Of course, as well as getting the full story, if I go ahead, I know I'm going to get a shitload of...well...fucking. Question is, if I do decide to pull the trigger and watch the rest of the episodes, will I fast forward through the sex. I've got $20 on "No."
Am I a Hentai convert? Also no. I get it. I see what people like about it. It portrays impossible sexual scenarios. It's fantastical and crude and out of this world. It's on another plane of sexuality. I can see why some people might want to tap into that. Me? I appreciate it. But I've yet to take my pants off while watching.

I'll keep you guys updated.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Well, my wife was in Florida last weekend so I was along with my thoughts...and my Hentai. Thanks to a friendly netizen (who shall remain nameless), I was gifted the full La Blue Girl series. So, stop reading here if you don't want to read about my first foray into the world of animated smut...

I put it on and was immediately greeted with some Ninja Scroll like action. Sure, the animation wasn't as glossy or well drawn but there were ninjas chopping other ninjas in half. Who am I to complain!? No ma'am, this was right up my alley. Coincidentally, I was about to see right up some characters' alleys, if you know what I mean.
La Blue Girl is pretty easy in terms of plot. There are two warring ninja factions who gone against each other over countless years. One of the clans, makes a deal with a bunch of demons and can summon said demons whenever they wish using what is essentially a lady's makeup mirror. Oh, did I mention the demons are sex demons? Because they are. Not sexy. Just sex demons.
Fast forward to modern day and the remaining survivor of one of clans (our titular lead) is given the makeup mirror to look after by her grandma, whose also trianing her in all types of ninja shit.

Sounds good, right? Well, it kind of is! It's a bit shoddy and not very well made but it's a cool enough premise. Reminded me of Devil Man a little.

Noe comes the sexy stuff...

When the first episode began, I found it insultingly tame. I got boobs. Big boobs. Big bouncy boobs. Which I love as much as the next man. But the "explicit stuff" was covered. I screamed at my tv, "Was I given a censored version!?" Nay, my friends. I was not. See La Blue Girl makes love to you. It starts gently. Kisses you a bit. Looks longingly into your eyes. Then it gives you cum covered faces and gaping...alleys?
This is the real deal. Firstly, there's a lot of masturbation going on. It seems to be these ladies' favaorite past-time. My wife scoffed at me and told me, "Of course I prefer you to masturbation!" Then I heard a strange buzzing from our bedroom. I think she was fighting a bee in there.
So loads of solo stuff. Then the sex demons get involved and we get tentacles. Loads of 'em. And they go everywhere you might imagine. But thankfully our hero has sex magic! Which seems to be razor sharp pubic hair she can fire like a porcupine. It seems to get her out of sticky situations...and I mean "sticky" in the literal sense.

The first episode was 40 minutes long and it felt about 2 hours. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing, to be honest. But it was HARDCORE. Very raunchy. It did not hold back on any aspect of the sexy stuff at all. It even had some...ahem...moments where the sex demons....ahem...."played in the backyard." Titilating, indeed.

So here I am at a fork in the road. Do I walk away from my Hentai experience with my intrigue satiated or do I take the other path where I dive, head first, in the rest of the La Ble Girl series? Honestly, a part of mw kinda wants to know what happens. I know that sounds like an excuse a 15 year old boy would make. But it's true. The bad guys have the makeup mirror? How's our chesty hero goin got get out of this one!? Gee, Scoob! I dunno!
Of course, as well as getting the full story, if I go ahead, I know I'm going to get a shitload of...well...fucking. Question is, if I do decide to pull the trigger and watch the rest of the episodes, will I fast forward through the sex. I've got $20 on "No."
Am I a Hentai convert? Also no. I get it. I see what people like about it. It portrays impossible sexual scenarios. It's fantastical and crude and out of this world. It's on another plane of sexuality. I can see why some people might want to tap into that. Me? I appreciate it. But I've yet to take my pants off while watching.

I'll keep you guys updated.

south-park-there-was-a-ghost.gif

For what it's worth I watched 'Angel's Egg' the other day and it's one of the weirdest most beautiful anime I've ever watched!

• Like 1