The AhNeeMay thread.

CrazyFrog

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)

Some stuff I've watched recently outside of the current Summer Season.

MAL - Spy x Family Movie: Code: White - "Loid Forger, an elite spy, is warned by his handler that he may potentially be reassigned from his ongoing mission, Operation Strix. To maintain his position, he must make significant progress toward the operation's objectives, which involves having his adoptive daughter Anya earn sufficient Stella Stars to become an Imperial Scholar at Eden Academy.

After learning of a cooking contest that awards the winning student with a Stella Star, Loid researches the judge's preferred dessert to help increase Anya's odds. However, perfectly recreating the judge's favorite meremere requires more than just following a recipe. Thus, the Forgers embark on a vacation to the Frigis region to try an authentic meremere. Not all goes smoothly on the trip, as the Forger family ends up entwined in a sinister plot to reignite war between the countries of Ostania and Westalis."

I finally got round to watching this and it was great fun like the series. Usually I find movie versions of TV shows either average or too long but this was just right. Anya is funny as fuck and Loid and Yor as cool as ever. While it does little in the way or progressing the story forward from the main series, it is still worth a watch. Nicely animated and great VA/music. Action is great too. 7.5/10.

I've also been going through a bunch of Anime OVAs I've had waiting to be watched. I'll try posting links to the episodes in case anyone is interested.

MAL - Nayuta - "Scifi tale of a young girl who acquires ESP powers."

Yeah this was pretty poor. The story starts out OK but then it becomes quite average and the animation wasn't anything special. 5/10.

MAL - Karuizawa Syndrome - "It is an action comedy about a young man's persistent sexual fantasies. It has 4 distinct art styles: a manga style, a SD style, a realistic style, and a art-graphic pencil style." 2/10.

Just awful shit! Really fucking dumb unfunny comedy and stupid ass story! I gave it a 2 only for some of the art and character designs. THIS SUCKS!

Episode - Karuizawa Syndrome on Archive.org.

MAL - Satsujin Kippu wa Heart-iro - "A detective story about a murder on a train based on a series of young-adult novels for women by Yamaura Hiroyasu. Seiko, while suspended from school (she has been bullied) goes to Nagasaki, where she finds herself involved in a murder mystery."

DM link - https://www. dailymotion.com/video/x8av290 (remove the space after www.)

OK to start with and looked promising but then it got a bit silly and the story is pretty lame. The mystery element of it really isn't hard to figure out so it makes the whole thing kind of pointless. OK animation and VA. 4/10.

Seishun Fuufu Monogatari: Koiko no Mainichi - "In a story that flits between serious drama and comedic farce, Shinjuku gangster Sabu and his young wife Koiko try to live a normal life, despite the interferences of gang politics and criminal deals. After she saves his life, Sabu's gang-boss, Tominaga, falls in love with Koiko, and sends Sabu into increasingly more dangerous situations, hoping to cause his arrest, and thus obligate himself to "take care" of Koiko while Sabu is in prison."

This was average to OK and watchable but also a bit long winded. The main characters Sabu and Koiko are an odd couple with Koiko in particular who comes across as a real dumbass at times! The boss Tominaga has a real creepiness to him and it keeps implying he's going to do something really evil to Koiko but it never happens (thank the lawd!) but some of his leering goes on in front of Sabu who does nothing to stop it! Average animation and the character designs are a bit odd. VA and music is fine. 5/10.

MAL - Fire Tripper - "On a day like any other, Suzuko meets one of her neighbor's children, Shu, in a park on her way back from school and decides to walk home with him. Tragically, they never make it home. Suzuko and the young boy are caught in a giant gas explosion, though instead of dying instantly, Suzuko wakes up in the middle of a battlefield full of corpses in the Sengoku period.

A group of marauding bandits attacks Suzuko, but Shukumaru—a boy who had come to loot the corpses to feed his starving village—saves her. Though they both return to the village, Suzuko refuses to give up searching for Shu and returns to the battlefield every day with Shukumaru trailing behind. Though Shukumaru lacks anything resembling modern manners, she gradually finds herself drawn towards him. Just what fate awaits this young girl in this bloody period in Japan's history?"

This was pretty OK overall. A good story with likeable characters. The story does go by quite quick which is to be expected from a 50min single episode and could of done with either a longer run time or a second ep but it does all get tied up pretty well at the end. Nice animation and characters designs/VA. 6/10.

Edited by PandaPawPaw

PandaPawPaw

More OVA's (Youtube links if available).

MAL - Gorillaman - "A school comedy about a mute transfer student, Tadashi Iketo, who is constant­ly shuffled from school to school for his "violent nature," though he really is a mild-mannered boy constantly taunt­ed into fights over his simian appearance.

Based on a 1989 manga in Young Magazine by Harold Sakuishi."

A weird but OK show with some funny bits. The main character kept reminding me of Barack Obama at times and he never talks which leads to lots of misunderstandings which can be either funny or frustrating. Not bad and generally watchable. 5/10.

MAL - Maryuu Senki - "Once upon a time, there was a certain family having strong influence on the rule of the Imperial Court. They had their own might called "Kidou" and yet got hated because of the might itself. At last, the patriarch of the family was entrapped to his death, and all the family was doomed to ruin... The present day — the survived descendants of this family, now calling themselves "Kidousyuu" schemed to resurrect their murdered patriarch once again, and the ferocious evil spell went into action."

This started off pretty good with a cool villain and some great animation and gore. It does lose steam towards the end but is OK enough. Cool character designs and a great 80/90s vibe of anime. 5/10.

MAL - Warau Hyouteki (Laughing Target) - "Yuzuru Shiga lives an ordinary life, spending most of his time with his high school archery team along with his girlfriend, Satomi. His relatively mundane life gets complicated, however, when his aunt dies under suspicious circumstances and his cousin and fiancée, Azusa, re-enters his life. While Yuzuru sees her as a mere relative, she is dangerously serious about their future marriage and will not tolerate the threat of Satomi.

As things continue to get ever stranger since Azusa's return, Yuzuru now has to decide whether his relationship with Satomi is worth the potential danger."

I enjoyed this and the story is good with a nice horror-ish feel to it. The animation is OK with likeable/interesting characters and the VA and music are great! 6/10.

Kyoufu no Bio Ningen Saishuu Kyoushi (Ultimate Teacher) - "At a run down school the "Ultimate Teacher" Ganpachi is sent to get things back on track and prepare the delinquent students for the real world. But the students don't want Ganpachi ruining the gang they got going so their boss, Hinako, fights back Ganpachi aided by her secret power...her lucky kitty underwear. Things get more interesting when we findout Ganpachi is the result of genetic experiments."

I remember seeing this featured in various mags when I was younger but never saw it till now and yeah this was pretty shit and repetitive. The story is pretty stupid and the characters aren't much better. There is the odd funny moment but too few and the action is OK. 4/10

Drunken Monk

For those of us that are saucy freaks and purchased the new German release of Urotsukidoji, please be aware that it is an AI-assisted remaster. It's got some horrible stuff in it, it seems:

No photo description available.

My copy should be here on Monday and I intend to give it a watch, just to see exactly how bad it is. But those of us that are big on picture quality may want to skip this one.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

For those of us that are saucy freaks and purchased the new German release of Urotsukidoji, please be aware that it is an AI-assisted remaster. It's got some horrible stuff in it, it seems:

My copy should be here on Monday and I intend to give it a watch, just to see exactly how bad it is. But those of us that are big on picture quality may want to skip this one.

I could probably do better with my AI tool lol. That's just terrible upscaling as if they didn't even bother to try.

• Haha 1

Did anyone watch this? Stumbled across it by mere coincidence. Received a lot of praise!

Yihetuan
1 hour ago, laagi said:

I could probably do better with my AI tool lol. That's just terrible upscaling as if they didn't even bother to try.

A much better fan edit that's available than that German mediabook.

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Reminds me of this corker! OG on left and Remaster on the right...............................................

art-restore-fails.jpg

Edited by PandaPawPaw

Junji Ito Maniac: Japanese Tales of the Macabre (Japan, 2023) - Netflix releaseA 12-episode collection of short horror tales. Many of the episodes are divided up into two very quick stories, with a few of them lasting the whole 21 minutes. The series has been almost universally panned on Youtube, citing inadequate animation, bad CGI, and storytelling issues. The big problem is that most of the stories have neat premises, but are so short that they don't have time to build true dread and have disappointing conclusions. I most liked the "Ice Cream Truck" (a combination of the "Pied Piper of Hamelin" and The Stuff); "Hanging Balloons" (which is truly unsettling); and "Tomie: Photo" (then again, I like "Tomie" in general). "Headless Statue" has a cool set-up, but is rushed and becomes an odd black comedy at the end. "Unendurable Labyrinth" has a neat climax, but once again, very rushed. "The Room with Four Walls" has a neat idea, but I didn't like the character of Soichi. "Intruder" feels like a combination of Looper and "Dreams in the Witch House." "The Thing that Drifted Ashore" was overtly Lovecraftian, but didn't really have a climax. "Layers of Fear" was pretty cool in its premise and conclusion; one of the better ones.

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw

Links where available.

"Eiji" - "Legendary boxer Keijiro Akagi's second son, Eiji, is a high school dropout and the world's worst rock guitarist. Though his father and elder brother are both boxers, he hates the sport but suddenly takes an interest in it when he meets the local champion's little sister." 2/10.

The Supergal (Maris the Chojo) - "Despite being a refugee from an extinct planet, having an alcoholic as a father and an airhead for a mother, Maris' biggest problem is that she's a Thanatosian. Considering that Thanatosians are six times stronger than the average Earthling it shouldn't be such a curse, especially in a galaxy where violence is rife. But the accidental destruction she wreaks on everything she touches —even with the exotic alloy restraints she wears— means she's constantly in debt. Every mission she's assigned to by the Inter-Galactic Space Patrol becomes a cash-drain when all the damages are docked from her wage.

But when she's selected to rescue the rich and sexy Kogane Maru it's like a dream come true. After setting him free from the terror of his ruthless kidnapper his eternal gratitude will surely guarantee marriage —and an end to all her financial headaches." 5/10.

Eng Dub:

Jpn Dub:

Ai to Ken no Camelot: Mangaka Marina Time Slip Jiken - "Self-described "third-rate" mangaka Ikeda Marina is attending a birthday party for a wealthy friend, when suddenly a time-traveling dragon whisks the entire party away to Camelot in sixth-century Britain. There, Marina must help would-be king Arthur fend off civil war by extracting the sword Excalibur from its stone during the forthcoming solar eclipse. But the evil Lady Dola intends to thwart this plan and seize Camelot for herself..." 5/10.

Ningyo no Kizu (Mermaid's Scar) - "Legend has it that when you eat the flesh of a mermaid, you would live forever. Yuta and Mana are living proof of this... Together, they journey to various places trying to find meaning for their existence, or perhaps even a "cure" for their situation. One day, Yuta and Mana meet Masato, a little boy who seems terrified of his mother Misa. It seems to Yuta and Mana that mother and son have a very unusual relationship. What happens when Yuta and Mana decide to discover the dark secret Masato and Misa are hiding? And what about those monster-like creatures that have been appearing?"

This was a pretty good horror anime! Find the J-Dub if you can. 6/10.

Ogami Matsugorou - "Schoolboy gang-leader Matsugorou swears revenge when his lieutenant Koume's house is burned down by a land speculator in an insurance scam."

OK delinquent anime. 5/10.

The Gakuen Choujo-tai (The Chohjotai) - "Keiko Okura, Yumi Sudou, and Mai Ishiki secretly use their psychic powers to protect the peace at their high school. After Yumi has a frightening dream that she believes to be a premonition, the trio investigate the strangely popular psychic power research society that has appeared at their school. When their investigation takes a dark turn, the girls wonder if their powers will be enough to stop the sinister plot they have uncovered." 5/10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhi7ReH3kco

Suna no Bara: Yuki no Mokushiroku - "Mariko Rosebank leads a team of all-female anti-terrorist mercenaries, named C.A.T. This all-woman team is sent to guard a meeting of world leaders against a terrorist attack." 5/10

Circuit Angel: Ketsui no Starting Grid - "Mariko is tough yet kind girl who is really into motorcycles. She ends up in a race to settle things between the rich son of bike maker and herself." 5/10.

Shin Shounan Bakusouzoku Arakure Knight - "Haruma Yuuki is an all-brawn and no-brain kind of high school student. For the past few years his only dream has been to join the Winds of Cemetery - Linda, the top motorcycle gang in the area, and idolizes the leader, Zemba Knight. Zemba is the third generation leader of Linda and hasn't lost a fight or a motorcycle race to anyone in town. Haruma is introduced to the radical and dangerous lifestyle that the Linda live while still learning important life lessons." 5/10.

Drunken Monk
On 8/23/2024 at 12:17 PM, Drunken Monk said:

So, I watched the fully uncut, AI-assisted release of Urotsukidoji this morning and wow! Firstly, let me get the big thing out of the way (that's what she said)... This film is much, MUCH more graphic than I even thought it would be. Tentacle rape, hardcore penetration, splayed lady parts, erections... It's all here. Up close and personal, baby. But I want to say two things. It feels like the sex stuff is almost too frequent. I got tired of it super quickly and just wanted the film to move on with its superb plot and fantastic action scenes. The sex kind of dragged it all down a bit. I get that it was necessary (kind of) but the film is 2 hours and 10 minutes long. A lot of that is hard core sex.
Also, regarding the sex, the new German release from Cinestrange is NOT uncut. The first act most definitely is. You want to see P going in V? This is the place to be. But while up close penetration is shown in the first act, it's weirdly blurred in the second and third acts. It makes no sense.

"Forget the sex, what about the AI stuff!?" I hear you cry. Honestly? I didn't spot it. This is a very decent release that's perfectly enjoyable on every level. In order to spot the weird AI faces, I think you really have to look and I wasn't looking. I was actually watching the film rather than analyzing the pixels. I think people get carried away sometimes.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think AI should be used when it produces shitting results like in the captures above, but I didn't see any of that and I'm pretty sure the casual move watcher won't see it either.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I think you really have to look and I wasn't looking.

bfc11ddd-f735-4b0d-950a-4d9cd5382166_tex

22 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Links where available.

"Eiji" - "Legendary boxer Keijiro Akagi's second son, Eiji, is a high school dropout and the world's worst rock guitarist. Though his father and elder brother are both boxers, he hates the sport but suddenly takes an interest in it when he meets the local champion's little sister." 2/10.

The Supergal (Maris the Chojo) - "Despite being a refugee from an extinct planet, having an alcoholic as a father and an airhead for a mother, Maris' biggest problem is that she's a Thanatosian. Considering that Thanatosians are six times stronger than the average Earthling it shouldn't be such a curse, especially in a galaxy where violence is rife. But the accidental destruction she wreaks on everything she touches —even with the exotic alloy restraints she wears— means she's constantly in debt. Every mission she's assigned to by the Inter-Galactic Space Patrol becomes a cash-drain when all the damages are docked from her wage.

But when she's selected to rescue the rich and sexy Kogane Maru it's like a dream come true. After setting him free from the terror of his ruthless kidnapper his eternal gratitude will surely guarantee marriage —and an end to all her financial headaches." 5/10.

Eng Dub:

Jpn Dub:

Ai to Ken no Camelot: Mangaka Marina Time Slip Jiken - "Self-described "third-rate" mangaka Ikeda Marina is attending a birthday party for a wealthy friend, when suddenly a time-traveling dragon whisks the entire party away to Camelot in sixth-century Britain. There, Marina must help would-be king Arthur fend off civil war by extracting the sword Excalibur from its stone during the forthcoming solar eclipse. But the evil Lady Dola intends to thwart this plan and seize Camelot for herself..." 5/10.

Ningyo no Kizu (Mermaid's Scar) - "Legend has it that when you eat the flesh of a mermaid, you would live forever. Yuta and Mana are living proof of this... Together, they journey to various places trying to find meaning for their existence, or perhaps even a "cure" for their situation. One day, Yuta and Mana meet Masato, a little boy who seems terrified of his mother Misa. It seems to Yuta and Mana that mother and son have a very unusual relationship. What happens when Yuta and Mana decide to discover the dark secret Masato and Misa are hiding? And what about those monster-like creatures that have been appearing?"

This was a pretty good horror anime! Find the J-Dub if you can. 6/10.

Ogami Matsugorou - "Schoolboy gang-leader Matsugorou swears revenge when his lieutenant Koume's house is burned down by a land speculator in an insurance scam."

OK delinquent anime. 5/10.

The Gakuen Choujo-tai (The Chohjotai) - "Keiko Okura, Yumi Sudou, and Mai Ishiki secretly use their psychic powers to protect the peace at their high school. After Yumi has a frightening dream that she believes to be a premonition, the trio investigate the strangely popular psychic power research society that has appeared at their school. When their investigation takes a dark turn, the girls wonder if their powers will be enough to stop the sinister plot they have uncovered." 5/10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhi7ReH3kco

Suna no Bara: Yuki no Mokushiroku - "Mariko Rosebank leads a team of all-female anti-terrorist mercenaries, named C.A.T. This all-woman team is sent to guard a meeting of world leaders against a terrorist attack." 5/10

Circuit Angel: Ketsui no Starting Grid - "Mariko is tough yet kind girl who is really into motorcycles. She ends up in a race to settle things between the rich son of bike maker and herself." 5/10.

Shin Shounan Bakusouzoku Arakure Knight - "Haruma Yuuki is an all-brawn and no-brain kind of high school student. For the past few years his only dream has been to join the Winds of Cemetery - Linda, the top motorcycle gang in the area, and idolizes the leader, Zemba Knight. Zemba is the third generation leader of Linda and hasn't lost a fight or a motorcycle race to anyone in town. Haruma is introduced to the radical and dangerous lifestyle that the Linda live while still learning important life lessons." 5/10.

Dude in all seriousness where on earth do you get all this time to watch this!? :yociexp100:

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

So, I watched the fully uncut, AI-assisted release of Urotsukidoji this morning and wow! Firstly, let me get the big thing out of the way (that's what she said)... This film is much, MUCH more graphic than I even thought it would be. Tentacle rape, hardcore penetration, splayed lady parts, erections... It's all here. Up close and personal, baby. But I want to say two things. It feels like the sex stuff is almost too frequent. I got tired of it super quickly and just wanted the film to move on with its superb plot and fantastic action scenes. The sex kind of dragged it all down a bit. I get that it was necessary (kind of) but the film is 2 hours and 10 minutes long. A lot of that is hard core sex.
Also, regarding the sex, the new German release from Cinestrange is NOT uncut.

Are you going to review this with Cyrus when your wife is away?

Drunken Monk
12 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Are you going to review this with Cyrus when your wife is away?

My next movie for me and Cyrus will be A Chinese Torture Chamber Story. Although, I do think Cyrus would have a great time with this one. Out of the two of us, he appreciates anime more than me. I like it but he's a bigger appreciator of the genre as a whole. Although, he hasn't really watched a lot of it. Just the typical stuff: Ninja ScrollStreet Fighter II: The Animated Movie, Ghibli stuff. Although, I've never seen a man love the first season of One Punch Man more than him.

2 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Just the typical stuff: Ninja ScrollStreet Fighter II: The Animated Movie, Ghibli stuff. Although, I've never seen a man love the first season of One Punch Man more than him.

I have not seen Ninja Scroll yet. Should I turn in my badge?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

• Haha 1

Drunken Monk
38 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

I've notified the FBI and they'll be on their way soon.

• Buddha Bless You 1

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, laagi said:

Dude in all seriousness where on earth do you get all this time to watch this!? :yociexp100:

You asked this to me before:

On 5/17/2024 at 11:54 PM, PandaPawPaw said:

It's not that hard really. Roughly 3 eps (1h 5mins) a day and you're done. I struggle to watch movies as I get restless very easily so anime is perfect with their 21mins or so ep run time. Anything longer then I sometimes have to break it up into parts.

:P

Also there's always time for Anime.

• Buddha Bless You 1

Yggdrasil

I had a look at the Terminator anime and swapped the audio from English to Japanese while still having the subs on.

They never changed. Normally subs are different when two different languages are spoken, so I've no idea if the English audio is dubbed from the translated Japanese or the subs are dubtitles from the English audio.

After that bit of nit picking, I wasn't interested in the show.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

Show links in blue and YT links where available.

Wanna-Be's - "This OVA begins with a tag-team battle between the elegant girls of Dream Team and the heavy-face-painted women of Foxy Ladies. Naturally, the Dream Team gets the crap kicked out of them, but not before one of them makes one strong attempt at lifting the 250-pound Foxy lady over her head. The ones to take their place are Eri and Miki of the Wanna-Be's team. Miki and Eri are both just fun girls who want to have fun, but once they begin their new training with the mysterious Kidou Corporation, the same corporation that trained the Dream Team, they discover that there is something deeper behind their training." - 3/10.

SP cameo:

Spoiler

1.jpg.0acd6e6a532d59c92ecc0999523fb435.jpg

Giant Baba.

Houkago no Tinker Bell - "Based on a story from the After School Series line of light novels.

Kenichi Akizuki and Misako Watanabe work together to solve the mysterious disappearance of their classmate Ryouko Miyazaki. The only clue left by the kidnapper is signed Koushin Okazaki, her late classmate who'd committed suicide to preserve his youth and become like Peter Pan." - 5/10.

Ore no Sora Keiji-hen - "Yasuda Ippei (Shonozaki Ken) is the son of Yasuda Seijiro (Osugi Ren), the head of Yasuda Group, Japan's biggest business conglomerate. Although he is the son of a distinguished family, he has absolutely no disagreeable areas and is liked by everyone.

His academic achievements are exceptional. He completed his entire high school programme in 2 years and qualified for Tokyo University's Faculty of Law without studying for the exams. In order to establish his own concept of justice, Yasuda leaves his position as the heir to the Yasuda Group to attend the police academy. He becomes a detective at Kyobashi Police Precinct and bravely faces great evil." - 3/10.

Minna Agechau♡ - "A beautiful day Rokurou, a student, was to masturbate when a beautiful girl knocks on his door: You need a virgin? And so begins the story. Rokurou did not know what it was that this beautiful girl was a millionaire family."

This was OK till all the stupid ecchi shit started. 3/10.

1-gatsu ni wa Christmas - "During a snowy day just before Christmas, Mizuki Tateno, a girl with a twisted personality, moves into the house next door to university student Fujioka Junsho.
Mizuki says "I hate Christmas". Why does she hate Christmas? Why does she have to live alone in a big house? An incident occurs right after Christmas and Mizuki's past is revealed."

Boring MC and meh story. 2/10.

Hoshikuzu Paradise -"After his mother passed away, high school student Hiroshi Houshou's long lost father suddenly reappears, along with two new family members: a new mother who is also a famous actress, and her daughter, the popular and beautiful idol singer Rina Yuuki." - 2/10.

Yokohama Meibutsu: Otoko Katayama-gumi! - "The city of Yokohama has become a lawless district for biker gangs. One particular gang, the "Crazy Babies", have a 17 year old leader called Hiromi Katayama that is famous throughout the entire Kanagawa alliance as being a strong fighter with a devout sense of morality. However, when a young rookie by the name of Toshi Ikeda wants in, he swears to Katayama that he will uphold the ideals of the Crazy Babies and vows to not fight with anybody for his first probationary month within the gang or else forfeit his chance to join the gang.

Ikeda being the fiery young man he is, soon finds himself caught in the middle of a fight and unintentionally sparks off a feud between the gangs of Kanagawa and the dangerous Nagoya based group, The Dragon Star Crew, who have their eye on taking the whole of Kanto.

Can Katayama defend Yokohama from the encroaching hoodlums?" - 4/10

Asatte Dance - "Suekichi goes to university and has, as any Japanese university student, time for hobbies. Things change when he attends his great grandfather's funeral and wakes the next morning in his room with a very sexy girl besides him. His great grandfather has left him a *little* inheritance but there are some conditions. Meanwhile, sexy Aya keeps hanging around and refuses to go away. The beginning of a strange relationship which revolves around suspicions and desire."

I kind of liked it as the story is good but again I could of done without the sexual shit. 6/10.

Kakugo no Susume (Apocalypse Zero) - "A series of natural disasters has reduced the world to rubble, with the survivors doing whatever they must to survive in a world gone mad. But one young boy, Kakugo, gifted with amazing martial arts and a superpowerful suit of armor by his late father, has been charged with making the world (or at least his school) a safer place. But his sister has a matching set of skills and equipment, and she`s on a mission to bring peace to the world... by wiping out humanity!"

Kamen Rider meets Guyver meets lots of weird nakedness. First ep was OK but I got fed up by the end of it. 5/10.

Spoiler

KakugonoSusume-01.mkv_snapshot_14_45_389.jpg.ec5c501736278a29f1413a195f128373.jpg

KakugonoSusume-01.mkv_snapshot_17_30_752.jpg.b22467954bf8d55c5e19e671833cfae7.jpg

KakugonoSusume-01.mkv_snapshot_29_05_128.jpg.0c07827eb26314b771e85e7987b0c53f.jpg

Eng Dub:

Makaryuudo Demon Hunter - "Yama Rikudo is not your average teenage girl. With her trademark duo horn-like tufted hair, she’s really a kind of demon policewoman, charged with the duty of protecting Japan from demonic monsters that’ve gone AWOL. Even when her demon superiors try and pull her off the job, because demon-human relations are getting too hot for her to handle, she will stay and fight with her giant scythe, because, while disguised as a high school student, she has fallen for fellow student Sho Kurogane. Now she must save Sho, and his friends, from the evil plotting of the school’s eternal youth seeking, soul sucking, Headmistress." - 5/10.

Deimos no Hanayome: Ran no Kumikyoku - "Trapped in a dark abyss, the once-beautiful Venus is rotting in her own despair. Unhappy with her fate, she calls on her twin brother Deimos to find her a new body.

Meanwhile, Minako Ifu is in a predicament, as her friend Hisamatsu has gone missing while searching for a master orchid grower. On her way to locate him, she encounters Deimos—who declares that she will become his bride and return to the underworld with him. Fleeing in disgust, Minako discovers the house her friend was pursuing and meets the endearing siblings Touko and Kaname Ooba.

However, the situation is not as it seems, and Minako quickly becomes entangled in a nefarious affair—all while being followed by the charming Deimos."

This was OK and I loved the character designs and art style. Classic 80's look. 5/10.

PandaPawPaw

(MAL) Kyoudai Koguma (The Bear Brothers) - "Spring—birds are singing, frogs are dancing. A cave mother tells the bear to play outside with his brother's son. But beware of scary humans. When a bear takes sumo and eats honey, the hunter shoots with a gun. Two people who saw the human for the first time finally arrive at the cave where the mother bears are born. To a child bear who was impressed by the person walking and walking, her mother bears teach standing to walk. Swallows and cranes flew away, summer is over and autumn also deepens. Parent-child bears will be able to stand and walk as they practice. After imitating a hunter and standing and walking, watching the appearance of a walking bear, she thinks that the mountain animals are human beings. A bear boasting to be proud of being proud in front of animals. A real hunter appeared there and the animals fled at once, but the baby girls responded by imitating humans. But there is no translation to the hunter, the two crawl underneath the tree and jump, jump over the valley with four legs, and lift it."

More info - Japanese Animated Film Classics.

Cute and interesting early animation from Japan. 5/10. :)

Edited by PandaPawPaw