The AhNeeMay thread.

CrazyFrog

PandaPawPaw
On 6/7/2024 at 3:04 PM, PandaPawPaw said:

MAL - Super Mario World: Mario to Yoshi no Bouken Land.

"Super Mario World: Mario to Yoshi no Bouken Land is an interactive anime video based on the game Super Mario World. It is designed for use with Bandai's Terebikko system, which utilizes a telephone-shaped microphone to "interact" with the video. It asks the viewer multiple choice questions, such as what will hatch from Yoshi's egg."

Minusworld - A Super Mario World Re-Telling, Released on VHS and Controlled with a Fake Telephone.

terebikko_02.jpg

So I gave that a watch and it was alright tbh. Throughout the anime you get questions you have to answer using the telephone toy but it doesn't really make a difference as it's not really interactive and just a gimmick as they tell you the answer either way (and it being a VHS tape).

1.jpg.bd344523a60be1cdab40f4d08d566080.jpg

2.jpg.118ad2d278c30474ee09d97d95785e62.jpg

Every now and then either Mario or Luigi will tell the viewer to pick up the phone and press the correct button to answer the question.

3.jpg.2310fb2700671b244201b0931445fb30.jpg

Here the question is what will hatch from the egg?

4.jpg.025df60cd5de4356898ab362999d2b00.jpg

Here the question is which button do you need to press to get across.

5.jpg.c7c8a1ad8f8818721c75a8b11518b2f2.jpg

6.jpg.1088c14638ebd88874e022a3b10273dc.jpg

Bowser's offspring!

7.jpg.ea9288d1fe16ad768e49b8c7919a4877.jpg

Yoshi's galore!

8.jpg.db932bf7b7f6d0ea63c75afd9c6f8f90.jpg

Mario is a bit of a dick!

9.jpg.8a6ab6aa12580a97e627891b80914ae0.jpg

Main man Bowser!

10.jpg.4cca45f32d053293bf256c978055d55e.jpg

11.jpg.53e5583a078acc46d3352f9c6e4a9227.jpg

I'd give it 6.5/10. The interactive element does slow it down as when it comes to question time the video pauses briefly but the main story is fun and very accurate to the games.

Team Luigi. Fuck bellend Mario.

PandaPawPaw

I finished Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card and it was a big step up from everything else that went on before. I enjoyed it far more and the character designs and animation are great. The story is good and the new cards/spells are interesting. It does end oddly but there is a 2nd season coming out sometime.

Also there was a CCS pizza available in Japan recently. :D

SoraNews24 - Pizza Hut made a Cardcaptor Sakura Pizza, and its ingredients are as crazy as its looks.

CC-2.jpg?w=640

Yggdrasil

Finished watching Space Dandy. It was my first modern anime, but still prefer the traditional hand drawn approach.

The anime was good, but sadly there is no story. Each episode doesn't really follow on from the previous one. Dandy and his mates do get killed quite a few times, but only to appear in the next episode.

As for the show? The people behind this must clearly be on some strong LSD or something. And I thought The Magic Roundabout was trippy! Most of the episodes clearly are truly bizarre.

Currently watching some old skool anime. One of Discotek's releases from '84. Part 1 of the J9 Trilogy - Galaxy Cyclone Braiger.

tinlunlau
On 6/1/2024 at 1:06 PM, laagi said:

Anyone watch this or have on their to-watch list? Friend of mine recommended it to me... it's now at episode 8 I think.

Been watching this on Netflix.

On 6/15/2024 at 12:18 AM, tinlunlau said:

Been watching this on Netflix.

Thoughts?

Started watching Spy X Family with my daughter on Netflix--we binged six episodes last night. It's actually really funny, especially the professor who is obsessed with "elegance". And the other sympathetic professor looks like Mr. Frederickson from Up. Some good fight scenes here and there. And Yor Forger is a top-tier waifu to many anime fans.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
3 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Started watching Spy X Family with my daughter on Netflix--we binged six episodes last night. It's actually really funny, especially the professor who is obsessed with "elegance". And the other sympathetic professor looks like Mr. Frederickson from Up. Some good fight scenes here and there. And Yor Forger is a top-tier waifu to many anime fans.

Yeah it's a an excellent series. Anya is really funny especially with her numerous expressions and Yor is awesome! Great animation and stories/characters.

I preferred the 1st season a little bit more than the second but it's still good fun.

tinlunlau
18 hours ago, laagi said:

Thoughts?

Good show but I hear the season finale is just in a couple of weeks.  They're doing the whole cour thing so it's going to be a 12 episode season.

• Buddha Bless You 1

PandaPawPaw

Grimm Kumikyoku (The Grimm Variations). - "Six stories will be developed as an anthology with a new interpretation of Grimm's fairy tales, incorporating dark elements."

The episodes are:

Cinderella - Once upon a time, there was a young girl who loved playing with dolls; Kiyoko's new stepfamily soon realises that they may be her new playthings. 7/10.

Little Red Riding Hood - In a dystopian future, Grey and his club of wolves use AR to hunt and kill women for leisure, until he meets his first real-life prey, Scarlet. 7/10.

Hansel and Gretel - In the deepest, darkest part of the forest, Hansel and Gretel face a tough dilemma when an old woman tempts them with sweets and forbidden knowledge. 5/10.

The Elves and the Shoemaker - Years after his last success, washed-up writer N encounters a sharp-tongued child and later wakes up with a literary hit, one he can't remember writing. 5/10.

The Town Musicians of Bremen - Former deputy Dog roams the land with unlikely companions, but their search for a home is interrupted when they run into the notorious Wade Brothers. 7/10.

Pied Piper of Hamelin - The sheltered and precocious Maria is content with her bleak village life until her obsessed teacher shows her an illicit picture from the outside world. 5/10.

I enjoyed episodes 1, 2 and 5 which were really fun and interesting. The other three were pretty average though I wasn't familiar with those stories. They all were well animated and I liked the characters designs. 6.5/10

PandaPawPaw

MAL - Majo demo Steady - "An ordinary day for Seki Hisashi consists of working a nine-to-five shift at an auto parts company in Shinjuku, evading his flirtatious boss' advances, and then riding his motorcycle back to his apartment, where he lives alone. One morning, however, becomes anything but ordinary for the young salaryman.

After Seki awakens to a naked woman lying beside him in his bed, he is even further shocked when she reveals her desire for them to be together. Even so, this does not explain her supernatural abilities, telekinesis being one of many. Rather than questioning her elusive nature, he immediately cuddles with her—finding the woman to be his ideal type.

On his way home from work, a vision of his newfound love leads Seki to crash his motorcycle, giving rise to a police chase. Meanwhile, the woman awaits him at his apartment but grows restless, apparently unable to be apart from him. Arriving a moment too late, Seki watches her vanish without a trace, unaware if his unnamed soulmate will ever return. Little does he know that returning is something she indeed plans on doing."

This started off weird and just got weirder! I have no idea what was going on tbh. The main character is horny for some girl who has supernatural abilities and when he goes to work, all this random shit starts to happen and he has to find/save her I think. The animation is alright but the story is very strange.

1.jpg.b9a5902c1fff62bc05aa1b38e285b29f.jpg

The main characters creepy ass boss!

2.jpg.efd686042021d2038b3076646a0ecbf5.jpg

3.jpg.0da018ebd039a71afe8468ae43d6b16f.jpg

The girl is naked a lot and does random shit.

4.jpg.937a0cfc0e3daa111bcc48bf9be38db0.jpg

Side characters are just as weird!

5.jpg.3a7fb9c49288cbc290d9f1a8b3f3f1cd.jpg

6.jpg.6119a6ea511a724c3681dc206b79b2f9.jpg

What's that then love?

7.jpg.74c1ab2d6d4651e89686fd5d8606a7ee.jpg

She loses her panties at one point......................

8.jpg.ab6743b9368030f3a2cb610370455a6c.jpg

Wait what!?

9.jpg.01f8a0377cf491732f5472cc9bae2f76.jpg

Pyramids appear all over the city. Why? Because why not!

10.jpg.2e60e92ad1f92078fb19ad18e4dc4479.jpg

Fuck knows!

11.jpg.c5cb618d83a06388ddb90b99f7c53bc7.jpg

4/10.

PandaPawPaw

As the current anime season is coming to a close and lots of shows ending, I am now able to go through some of my back log.

MAL - Hanada Shounen-shi - "Ichiro Hanada is a hyperactive little boy who lives with his parents, sister, and grandfather in a rural town. He is always up to some kind of mischief, often teasing his sister or making rude comments to others. Consequently, his mother constantly scolds him, and even the neighbours express disturbance from time to time on how rowdy he can be.

One day, after pulling a terrible prank, Ichiro sprints onto the streets as his mother chases him. He steals a nearby bicycle and takes on a dangerous route, eventually being hit by a truck. Miraculously, he survives the crash, requiring nine stitches to the back of his head and balding for the surgery. However, the near-death experience gains him the ability to see ghosts—the last thing he needs in his life.

Since Ichiro is the only one who can communicate with them, several ghosts of people who have recently died come to him, seeking help to fulfill their last wishes before achieving enlightenment. Each adventure with a ghost leaves the young and curious boy with a different lesson that gradually makes him wiser."

87319l.jpg65457l.jpg

I've seen just the 1st ep and I love the animation style and character design but fuck me is the main boy a little shit! He causes mischief everywhere he goes and treats his mum like a piece of shit and keeps calling her old bag! The story is intriguing but I do hope he eases up on the shittary!

Also as the opening theme started, I thought to myself this sounds like some boy band singing. Something like the Back Street Boys and lo and behold the credits come up and yep it's them! Another of their songs is used for the end credits.

It sounds really out of place. :P

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw

Yeah and I'm married to Yvonne Chapman (well I am but still)! :P

PandaPawPaw

More Ranma incoming!

Article - Legendary Ranma 1/2 Franchise Comes Back With Brand-New Anime.

"Ranma ½ has long since become one of the most recognizable stories in all anime, and it’s set to make a big comeback. According to manga news reporter @MangaReporter on X, Ranma ½ has a brand-new anime project in development, with more details set to be revealed on July 17 at 6 PM Japanese Standard Time (JST)."

I'm surprised by that but I'm happy to see more of that crazy bunch. :D

ranma.gif

knxZvat0sTM9fhaYwi3tJtIvqv0aEEl2jIXmRwde

ranma-tendo-golpe.gif

133937553436.gif

PandaPawPaw

So this season is coming to an end and the summer season is upon us.

AniChart - Anime Summer 2024.

MAL - Anime Summer 2024.

My picks for the Summer season:

Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai (My Wife Has No Emotion).

"Takuma is a single guy who does nothing but go to work and come home. Too tired to do chores, he decides to get a robot to cook and keep house. "Mina-chan" is such a good housekeeper, Takuma jokes that she should become his wife. Mina takes Takuma's joke seriously, and slowly the two start doing more things together, like having a picnic outside. As time goes by, Takuma starts to fall for Mina, but can a human and a robot ever have an equal, loving relationship?"

Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san (Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian).

"Smart, refined, and strikingly gorgeous, half-Russian half-Japanese Alisa Mikhailovna Kujou is considered the idol of her school. With her long silver hair, mesmerizing blue eyes, and exceptionally fair skin, she has captured the hearts of countless male students while being highly admired by all others. Even so, due to her seemingly unapproachable persona, everyone remains wary around the near-flawless girl.

One of the few exceptions is Alisa's benchmate Masachika Kuze, a relatively average boy who spends his days watching anime and playing gacha games. Despite his nonchalant demeanor, Masachika is the sole student to receive Alisa's attention. Unable to be fully honest, Alisa is frequently harsh on Masachika and only expresses her affection in Russian. Unbeknownst to her, however, Masachika actually understands the language yet simply pretends otherwise for his own amusement.

As the odd pair continues to exchange witty and playful remarks, their relationship gradually grows more romantic and delightful—and Alisa might finally learn to freely convey her true feelings."

Ramen Akaneko (Red Cat Ramen).

"Meet Tamako, who's found her way into an interview at a ramen shop run solely by cats. When the feline manager asks if she likes cats, Tamako admits that she's actually more of a dog person...only to be hired on the spot! But her job description isn't quite what she expects — rather than serving ramen, she's now a dedicated cat caretaker...?!"

Gimai Seikatsu (Days with My Step Sister).

"Yuuta Asamura gets a new stepsister after his father remarries, Saki Ayase, who happens to be the number one beauty of the school year. They promise each other not to be too close, not to be too opposing, and to simply keep a vague and comfortable distance, having learned important values about men and women relationships from their parents' previous ones.

Saki, who has worked alone for the sake of her family, doesn't know how to properly rely on others, whereas Yuuta is unsure of how to truly treat her. Standing on fairly equal ground, these two gradually learn the comfort of living together.

Their relationship progresses from strangers to friends as the days pass. This is a story that may one day lead to love."

Giji Harem (Pseudo Harem).

"Eiji Kitahama, a second year high school student, just wants to be popular. To help him realize this dream, Rin Nanakura, his junior in the drama club, uses her acting skills to create a harem of loving girls for him. Though the various "girls" all show fondness toward Eiji, the affection of the actress behind them is very real. Rin's colorful acting continuously delights Eiji, but will the starlet herself ever make her way into his heart?"

Senpai wa Otokonoko (Senpai Is an Otokonoko).

"Makoto Hanaoka, a womanly second-year student, easily attracts other people's attention. First-year student Saki Aoi is no exception, and she falls in love with Makoto at first sight. Having a vibrant and vigorous personality, she does not hesitate to confess her feelings to her senior. However, Makoto differs significantly from the person Saki perceives: Makoto is not a girl, but rather a cross-dressing boy!

After revealing his well-known secret to Saki, Makoto expects her to be disgusted. Surprisingly, she is instead captivated by this revelation. Nonetheless, he still rejects her, but Saki's determination does not stop her from declaring that she will become his first love. With Saki and his childhood friend at his side, Makoto's world brightens, giving him strength amid his struggle between his interests and the expectations placed on him."

Isekai Suicide Squad (Suicide Squad Isekai).

"Amanda Waller, the head of A.R.G.U.S., has assembled a group of notorious criminals for a mission: Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Peacemaker, Clayface, and King Shark. These DC Super-Villains are sent into an otherworldly realm that's connected to this world through a gate. It's a world of swords and magic where orcs rampage and dragons rule the skies—an "ISEKAI!"

Harley Quinn and the others go berserk after arriving in the ISEKAI but are captured by the Kingdom's soldiers and sent to prison. They only have 72 hours before the bombs implanted in their necks explode. The clock is ticking. After negotiations with Queen Aldora, their liberation is contingent upon the conquest of her enemies, the hostile Imperial army. The Squad members have no choice but to throw themselves head-first into the battle's frontline.

If they run, they die. If they lose, they die. With their lives on the line, can Harley Quinn and the Suicide Squad survive in the ISEKAI? Brace yourselves for the pulse-pounding saga of the elite task force known as the "Suicide Squad" as they embark on a jaw-dropping adventure! Let the party begin!"

Dungeon no Naka no Hito (Dungeon People).

"An unexplored dungeon, filled with monsters and traps. An expert thief, searching for her lost father. When Clay delves into the dungeon deeper than any adventurer has ever gone, she is offered a job by the dungeon's caretaker! Now, instead of exploring, Clay must learn how to interview new monsters, set traps and position slimes around the dungeon. Will this new career path bring her any closer to finding her father?"

Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi (The Elusive Samurai).

"Eight-year-old Tokiyuki Houjou, the next successor of the Kamakura shogunate, is a young boy lacking talent in everything besides hide-and-seek. One day, his carefree life is abruptly turned upside down when Takauji Ashikaga brutally seizes power from the Kamakuras, ending their reign. Rescued by a self-proclaimed prophetic priest, Tokiyuki manages to escape with his life. Now he must evade those trying to kill him while recruiting comrades who can help him restore the Kamakura Shogunate to its former glory.

Set during the Nanboku-chou period of Japanese history, Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi is a tale of redemption, documenting the life of the forgotten hero that altered Japan's destiny by running away."

Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan (My Deer Friend Nokotan).

"No one knows Torako used to be a delinquent. All of her classmates only know her as the perfect student. But everything changes when Nokotan, a transfer student with antlers, enters her life. Antlers aren't the only thing strange about Nokotan. Her deer nose can sniff out Torako's secret past! Whether it's at school or the zoo, chaos follows this doe-eyed girl's every step. Torako has so many questions! Is Nokotan a deer, a girl, or something in-between?"

0-saiji Start Dash Monogatari (Head Start at Birth).

"Lilia, the newborn daughter of a marquis, has the memories of her previous life! With cheat-like gamer knowledge she aims to become the strongest girl in this new "other world"!"

Na Nare Hana Nare (Narenare -Cheer for You!-).

"The feeling of wanting to cheer someone on... where does it come from?"

"Six high school girls with diverse hobbies, skills, and personalities. Each carrying their own worries, they run, shout, collide, daydream... When the pure desire to support aligns, their cheers resonate in the hearts of those involved. The support of these six high school girls from Gunma might just change the world a little bit?"

VTuber Nandaga Haishin Kiri Wasuretara Densetsu ni Natteta (VTuber Legend: How I Went Viral after Forgetting to Turn Off My Stream).

"Twenty-year-old former wage slave Yuki Tanaka now works among her idols: the streamers of Live-On, one of Japan's top VTuber companies. As the gorgeous, polite Awayuki Kokorone, she delivers only the most ladylike content. Unfortunately, her subscriber count and savings are at rock bottom.

One evening, after Yuki thinks she's ended her stream, she cracks a few cold ones—and more than a few crude jokes—while watching Live-On's video archives. But her viewers hear it all, and clips of her bawdy, drunken commentary go viral overnight. Yuki thinks her career is over...until her manager reveals that everyone at Live-On has been waiting for her to snap all along and gives her free rein to drink on-stream.

Now free of all feigned purity, she jumps right into her new "rowdy drunk" character and is welcomed into the fold by her fellow Live-On VTubers, who turn out to be just as crazy as she is! With her views and finances skyrocketing, Yuki's work—for the first time in her life—is actually fun!"

Mayonaka Punch (Midnight Punch).

"A comedy about two "NewTubers" who are active on NewTube, the world's largest video posting site."

Isekai Yururi Kikou: Kosodateshinagara Boukensha Shimasu (A Journey Through Another World: Raising Kids While Adventuring).

"I'm terribly sorry!"

A god was suddenly prostrating in front of Kayano Takumi. He was apparently killed by a mistake. Moreover, he can't be reborn again. However, according to god, he would be able to live in a different world, but he made a mistake again and transferred him into a dangerous forest... where he finds a pair of children and decides to take care of them."

Koi wa Futago de Warikirenai (Love Is Indivisible by Twins).

"Jun Shirasaki and the Jinguuji sisters are childhood friends and neighbors. When Jun's first girlfriend, the older sister Ryuumi, breaks up with him, she says something that complicates the three people's relationship, their first loves, and their romance—?"

Make Heroine ga Oosugiru! (Too Many Losing Heroines!).

"The story center on Kazuhiko Nukumizu, a guy who fades into the background of his classroom. When he unintentionally witnesses Anna Yanami, a popular girl in her class, get turned down by her childhood friend, he ends up talking to Anna in the aftermath. In a mix of sadness and anger, Anna reveals that her childhood friend had promised to marry her in the past, though it was when they were four or five years old. While Kazuhiko feels sorry for Anna, he also can't help but think that kind of promise made in childhood doesn't count. Before he knows it, he starts meeting girls at school who have all been turned down by guys they like."

Atri: My Dear Moments.

"The ATRI -My Dear Moments- TV anime, based on the visual novel written by Asuta Konno (Frontwing) and original character designs by Yusano and Moto4, features direction by Makoto Kato, series composition by Jukki Hanada, and animation production by TROYCA. The anime adaptation was originally announced in September 2022."

:)

PandaPawPaw

Article - Veterinarian’s office in suburban Japan has custom sign drawn by manga star Rumiko Takahashi.

While that might just look like a regular sign, the drawings of the cat and dog are done by Ranma 1/2 and Urusei Yatsura creator Rumiko Takahashi and have been there for 25 years!

The cat is the character Shampoo from Ranma in feline form while the dog is the pet of the female character from Maison Ikkoku.

I thought that was pretty damn cool!

PandaPawPaw

MAL - Capeta - "After losing his mother at a very young age, elementary school student Capeta Taira is forced to become more independent to avoid his father worrying for him. Working in a paving company, his father is often busy and has to work overtime to make ends meet. However, no matter how tough he acts in front of his father, Capeta is ultimately just a lonely kid with a rough life. In addition to his typical house duties, he has to deal with the bully Nobu Andou which makes him feel worse, despite support from his classmate, Monami Suzuki.

One day, Capeta's father sees young go-kart drivers racing at high speeds and gets inspired by the scene. He then decides to collect scrapped parts available on the track and begins working on a gift for his son. Meanwhile, Capeta and Monami sneak into his workplace, suspecting that his father is up to something. Much to their surprise, they see a go-kart built from discarded parts—with Capeta's name attached to it! Although it lacks an engine and looks worn out, the kart is mostly complete and functional.

Despite the heavy rain, Capeta cannot resist the urge to try out this new machinery. As he drives the kart downhill on a wet road, an incident that is almost a dangerous accident instead becomes a thrilling obsession. No longer bored with life, the engine of Capeta's heart is ignited with a new passion as he journeys into the world of racing. "

m662rdl4xz5b1.jpg

This is turning out to be a fantastic series! From the get go I've enjoyed every ep which just flies by (21mins minus credits/previews). The MC is really likeable and he has a never say die attitude which makes you want to root for him during the races. He starts off with this kart which his dad made for him with old parts that were to be scraped.

(I put some caps in spoilers to keep the post length down)

Spoiler

A-E_Capeta_03_BF4A2892.avi_snapshot_03_48_250.jpg.2b1e1fe1a84fa8eb66be24b848f742b6.jpg

A-E_Capeta_02_C36CF1FA.avi_snapshot_16_02_105.jpg.4201261e44708895c130380223977759.jpg

A-E_Capeta_02_C36CF1FA.avi_snapshot_09_41_135.jpg.de22d4644560de8a3f2ea7e56e13c305.jpg

A-E_Capeta_07_FE2847E0.avi_snapshot_04_50_501.jpg.4cf283030327f6f5bec71243c329cb04.jpg

A-E_Capeta_07_FE2847E0.avi_snapshot_06_33_831.jpg.dc0ad8d86154600426a7fb03591a12dc.jpg

A-E_Capeta_12_C9741921.avi_snapshot_08_02_888.jpg.5eff614604f1bf79086c9202e3b53a79.jpg

His dad is really cool too being a single father, he works his nuts off working all the time and even more when he wants to fund Capeta's (his son) karting. Even his dads boss is cool!

Spoiler

A-E_Capeta_03_BF4A2892.avi_snapshot_08_57_924.jpg.68101d0f801acb34893dd6e2e3ccb646.jpg

A-E_Capeta_03_BF4A2892.avi_snapshot_12_56_054.jpg.436eae8397866622088e46fae7da1e4c.jpg

There's lots of driving info and explanations of driving styles/techniques.

Spoiler

A-E_Capeta_04_CDD538AD.avi_snapshot_13_22_666.jpg.8e762626780247866aa2e2626ef23ccd.jpg

A-E_Capeta_03_BF4A2892.avi_snapshot_17_07_721.jpg.21897d4928fdd755d511f8373720e4cc.jpg

Capeta's friends are also awesome! One of them actually was actually bulling Capeta when they were kids but ends up as his friend and they become a close group who help one another through thick and thin.

Spoiler

A-E_Capeta_07_FE2847E0.avi_snapshot_00_27_214.jpg.9a4182d2e7fd994ffa6c9ab69d2a2236.jpg

A-E_Capeta_05_5B815129.avi_snapshot_17_25_130.jpg.b8537342f3143a9688b7da4aa2b114e6.jpg

Capeta's rivals are a nice mixture from the ace and main rival Naomi to the more outlandish and funny Momotarou.

Spoiler

A-E_Capeta_14_17910FE4.avi_snapshot_18_47_328.jpg.2b694cd03a4135a42327fba598742b46.jpg

A-E_Capeta_06_8D6775F3.avi_snapshot_05_12_602.jpg.4075e0ba245e0f31fd5485d17388b800.jpg

A-E_Capeta_07_FE2847E0.avi_snapshot_12_39_437.jpg.e8c2136dd2a6a300ec487b50245dfdea.jpg

A-E_Capeta_08_70C3FB8F.avi_snapshot_04_37_082.jpg.753f83b47f97304f65737aeec6fb0157.jpg

I usually hate CGI in anime but here it's really good and very nicely done! The models and animation during racing is great and really adds to the show! Nothing sticks out and it all blends in nicely. The rain effects in later episodes are well done too. The animation outside of the CGI is decent enough and characters designs are good as is the music and VA.

Spoiler

A-E_Capeta_06_8D6775F3.avi_snapshot_00_38_286.jpg.5aa927cb9eee688476bed5431f3ae3d8.jpg

A-E_Capeta_06_8D6775F3.avi_snapshot_02_05_952.jpg.4b96421308613722f3d6efa985d95aa6.jpg

A-E_Capeta_11_01DEC8C5.avi_snapshot_20_19_410.jpg.54432f64a861b19d28209ce0322ab8f2.jpg

A-E_Capeta_06_8D6775F3.avi_snapshot_11_28_969.jpg.e25e883afd0015d45e2b09a31beec619.jpg

A-E_Capeta_09_E60F7DCD.avi_snapshot_05_37_214.jpg.0575623696677268c458da64d169bb93.jpg

A-E_Capeta_12_C9741921.avi_snapshot_20_18_905.jpg.bb12d7cbe6aa3c9e8c8a8d2f9cb2e9ec.jpg

A-E_Capeta_07_FE2847E0.avi_snapshot_06_08_212.jpg.d6d2fd6e277dbbcbdf2153e9e9ee6d46.jpg

Other drives get a look in and it makes the racing seem important as they're all fighting to be at the top. The other characters are well fleshed out and have there own stories.

A-E_Capeta_08_70C3FB8F.avi_snapshot_10_24_486.jpg.cb55d0f3f08f327500c97e9cdbe62e09.jpg

There's a lot of inner monologuing and it's a great way to further the story and make it more intense. The later stages are really nail biting stuff and it really shows how hard these drivers have to work. They say karting is the entry way towards the top which is F1 and I can see why. This teaches a lot of the fundamentals about racing.

One thing which I have loved so far is the ageing of characters! I rarely see this happen but all the young cast age and mature which really feels like you're on a journey with them.

A-E_Capeta_06_8D6775F3.avi_snapshot_06_38_802.jpg.7e08f60e679426d8568d6fba611a3053.jpg

A-E_Capeta_14_17910FE4.avi_snapshot_21_26_254.jpg.ce6a41d9958165b02a41f97d3b150964.jpg

The OP shows Capeta in what I guess is Ferrari (without actually being one) so I guess he does make it to F1 (I hope!).

A-E_Capeta_06_8D6775F3.avi_snapshot_01_41_902.jpg.a802e9e257448ba41d68cfcf1af60576.jpg

It's 52 eps and I'm on ep 32 and Capeta is still Karting so I guess the F1 side of things won't really be shown till the end as that's where he's trying to get to. If you're into motor sports then I highly recommend this Anime.

PandaPawPaw

MAL - Look Back

"Fourth-grader Ayumu Fujino regularly draws four-panel manga for her school newspaper and is lauded as having the best artwork in her class. One day, she is asked by her teacher to turn over one of her manga slots in the school newspaper to a truant student named Kyomoto. When Kyomoto's manga pops up alongside Fujino's, it receives high praises for its detailed artwork, making Fujino furiously jealous.

Refusing to be beaten by someone who barely attends school, Fujino devotes herself to learning to create manga. As time goes on though, her goal of outshining Kyomoto seems to only get further and further away, and Fujino, now in sixth grade, eventually gives up and quits making manga.

Graduation day arrives, and Fujino is asked to deliver Kyomoto's graduation certificate to her. Through chance, the two end up coming face to face, and their unexpected meeting will end up having consequences far beyond what either of them could ever predict."

This looks like it could be alright and it's just over an hour long. Hideo Kojima seems to be a big fan of it too.

Article - Hideo Kojima Really Loves The Chainsaw Man Creator’s New Movie.

PandaPawPaw

I finished Capeta and it's a solid 8/10 from me! I loved every episode and the last two eps were nail biting stuff! Highly recommended!

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)

I thought I'd make a separate post for this in case it gets lost in my Anime Summer Season post as I think some people on here might be interested in it.

MAL - Isekai Suicide Squad.

SUICIDE-SQUAD-ISEKAI-HARLEY-QUINN-POSTER

GAP-XOwbwAEZrrC.jpg

:)

Edited by PandaPawPaw

PandaPawPaw

I'm watching a short form anime called (MAL) Let's Nupu Nupu and it's fucking weird with some funny moments. One scene that made me laugh was..................

1.thumb.jpg.4e7f527455a854e5e4a8f7c92a775dd0.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.7e259985cf134fc25ae82bac6905eff7.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.94b80b706e7cd34e298f60608e24658b.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.fa20dc8f29b37e524cacaf44cb08b62b.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.0972dc7360c558c903596cd1614a491b.jpg

Silly ass shit but it made me laugh! :P