Sumotherhood (2023)

PandaPawPaw

"In this parody of the UK urban genre Riko and Kane have got it all … big dreams, no respect and a fifteen grand debt. Could things get any worse?

Yes! So, it’s time to man up and finally be taken serious as “Roadmen”. Once putting their heads together on various ways to make some money, they decide to rob a megastar in a nightclub toilet and hold up the local bank but things inevitably don’t go to plan!! However, somehow a misunderstanding leads them to be desired and acquired for business with one of East London’s toughest firms, putting them in the line of fire to the firm’s arch-rivals.

Can Riko and Kane live up to their name? Will Riko win the affection of Tamara and if he does, will Tyrese, Tamara’s lunatic stepbrother, allow Riko to live? Will his life be worth living if the local London Feds draw a line back to our duo? Anything can happen when Riko and Kane are on the scene in this new action-packed urban comedy.

From the mind of Adam Deacon comes SUMOTHERHOOD."

I came across this by chance on the Tubes and groaned as it looked lame but having seen the trailer, I actually laughed a lot and liked it.

I don't know if it's a true sequel to Anuvahood but that was good and funny (from what I remember) so I'm going to give this a chance.

Edited by PandaPawPaw
Edit to fix unreadable white text on white background
  • Like 1

I have a huge amount of respect for Adam Deacon after going through all the awful Noel Clarke stuff. Anuvahood was hilarious, really looking forward to this!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SamSeed said:

I have a huge amount of respect for Adam Deacon after going through all the awful Noel Clarke stuff. Anuvahood was hilarious, really looking forward to this!

Isn't Clarke trying to make a come back or something?

17 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Isn't Clarke trying to make a come back or something?

Probably. Can't see him getting too far in the UK industry after all the allegations.

• Like 1