Take Cover (2024) Scott Adkins, Alice Eve

Agent U

A burned-out professional sniper finds himself trapped in an all-glass penthouse by a lethal competitor and must find a way to survive and escape with little to no cover between him and the killer.

Source: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt28129054/

Scott Adkins filmed this actioner in June/July.

Alice Eve is reportedly also in the cast. Considering she doesn't show up in any photo or footage from the shoot, maybe she plays the 'lethal competitor'? Or her being part of the movie may be false information.

The rest of the cast seems to be mostly new faces or stunt performers, like Lucy Cork, in antagonist roles.

This movie marks the directorial debut of Nick McKinless, stunt performer and stunts director, who has notably worked on the F&F series.

Apparently they had a comic-like story board for each scene of the movie.

AZ4g7dWFqaY.jpg

Y4DbJ0eCQeA.jpg

4gBZiXyWhfI.jpg

y6TB0X6P.jpg

bPDtx-RA3H.jpg

kYpg0PtJgWk.jpg

bFHChkA.jpg

ObB8Rx4Gnd.jpg

Mldqcgh7Cbc.jpg

Edited by Agent U
  • Like 5

Has Scott been in any great movie lately?last one I liked was hard target 2 and few others around that time were bad. He has topnotch talents in acting and action but felt movies just factory belt products, quantity over quality. Hopefully ninja or boyka returns...

6 hours ago, ChillyChong said:

Has Scott been in any great movie lately?last one I liked was hard target 2 and few others around that time were bad. He has topnotch talents in acting and action but felt movies just factory belt products, quantity over quality. Hopefully ninja or boyka returns...

As much as I like Ninja and Boyka, I'd say some of his best work has been in the past few years, after Hard Target 2.

Avengement is generally regarded as one of his best movies and performances.

I quite like the Accident Man movies as well. They're closer to Ninja and Undisputed in terms of action style.

Also, One Shot, which has a sequel coming later this year.

Not among my favourites, but many like his Debt Collector movies too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChillyChong said:

Out of his last fifteen films, eight were decent-to-great:

John Wick: Chapter 4
Accident Man: Hitman's Holiday
Day Shift
One Shot
Debt Collectors
Ip Man 4
Avengement
Triple Threat

On 9/18/2023 at 7:56 PM, Drunken Monk said:

Out of his last fifteen films, eight were decent-to-great:

John Wick: Chapter 4
Accident Man: Hitman's Holiday
Day Shift
One Shot
Debt Collectors
Ip Man 4
Avengement
Triple Threat

Isn't that a bit of a stretch? He's only been second fiddle in at least half of these. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The last great movie he made and starred in was 'Avengement' at least IMHO and that's been what 5 years!?

8 minutes ago, laagi said:

Isn't that a bit of a stretch? He's only been second fiddle in at least half of these. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The last great movie he made and starred in was 'Avengement' at least IMHO and that's been what 5 years!?

I'd definitely beg to differ. Even if we take the films he didn't play second fiddle in, both Accident Man: Hitman's Holiday and One Shot are pretty damn solid. I also like Debt Collectors quite a lot, though I know it's not exactly a fan favourite. Triple Threat has its moments too.

So perhaps I was reaching. Three or four films out of his last fifteen isn't exactly great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

Looks fun! 

So, Alice Even really is in this. And she is the villain. I guess the reason she didn't show up in any photo or footage from the shoot is because her scenes were simply shot separately elsewhere.

Anyway, on the whole 'assassin vs assassins' premise, this will likely turn out better than The Killer's Game. At least they didn't spoil 90% of the kills in the trailer.

1 hour ago, laagi said:

JW4 and Day Shift are the only ones I'd describe his role as 'second fiddle'. Even in Triple Threat and IP Man 4, I'd say he was more of a co-lead, since he was the main antagonist, most prominent character after the lead(s), and even gets the lion share of the fights.

And honestly out of these four the only one I'd deem above average is JW4, and seeing how little I see to actually remember of it wouldn't argue it's 'great' either.

Besides Avengement, I'd agree with Drunken Monk Accident Man: Hitman's Holiday is pretty good.

Didn't want to bring up The Killer's Game yet again but seeing how similar the premise is, just can't help it: especially for a movie reportedly made on £2M, Accident Man: Hitman's Holiday is imho a far better take on the whole 'top assassin must fend off other top assassins' thing. Believe it or not, it even looks much better.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that Scott isn't resurrecting his most prominent character "Boyka" at this point. I mean after-all isn't that the character that made him who he is today?

Also I'd argue most if not all in and out of the fandom associate him with the character. Check out all the work out inspired YT videos.

And not to be a dick as I really love the man his career hasn't been really taking off so far aside from his role in JW4 which gave him probably the biggest audience outside the MA fandom there hasn't really been anything noteworthy.

Or maybe he wants to go into a completely different direction although I'd again argue that would be a very hard sell especially for his fan-base. Seems like to me he's a bit stuck at the moment. But in the end as long as he loves what he's doing (which I think he does) I'm along for the ride!

Just my two cents gents ;)

12 minutes ago, laagi said:

I'm surprised that Scott isn't resurrecting his most prominent character "Boyka" at this point. I mean after-all isn't that the character that made him who he is today?

God, I hope not. If I never see another Boyka movie, it'll be too soon. I'm not saying they're bad, per se, but they're the same shit over and over. I think "tournament" films need to be put to bed.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

God, I hope not. If I never see another Boyka movie, it'll be too soon. I'm not saying they're bad, per se, but they're the same shit over and over. I think "tournament" films need to be put to bed.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the last part already go a slightly different direction if I remember correctly?

I mean Boyka could just become a vigilante and help people in need wherever he is. All I need is him kicking someone's ass and I'm happy. I'm a simpleton I guess lol.

3 minutes ago, laagi said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the last part already go a slightly different direction if I remember correctly?

I mean Boyka could just become a vigilante and help people in need wherever he is. All I need is him kicking someone's ass and I'm happy. I'm a simpleton I guess lol.

He got released form prison but surprise, surprise, found himself in another tournament.

If he was like the A-Team, going from town to town, taking care of bad guys, I'd be down for that.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

If he was like the A-Team, going from town to town, taking care of bad guys, I'd be down for that.

A Boyka series of sorts? I think we're onto something here. Somebody call a Netflix execs...

He got released form prison but surprise, surprise, found himself in another tournament.

A Boyka series of sorts? I think we're onto something here. Somebody call a Netflix execs...

I'm sold ; )

He could be hunting down the best fighters in each town or country to prove he is the most complete fighter in the world.

Edited by slinky#1

ShaOW!linDude

There are some classic fights in Boyka: Undisputed (aka Undisputed 4), I was really hoping that movie would explore why a newly freed Boyka had been in prison in the first place (maybe unjustly?) and be more of a revenge thriller. Instead, the movie ends with him going back to prison. Bogus.