BRUCE LEE THE MAN MYTH FAN-RESTORATION PROJECT

lengkee

kuenfist

Good work.  But one thing i have to mention. A layer grain would do miracles. It looks like very good cleaning with neatvideo and deinterlacing with qtgmc. Ok the ai enhancement helps that the picture looks not flat. But with a layer of grain the authentic filmlook is coming back and than you have a perfect restauration from DVD to Blu Ray !!! Try it, it helps.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

PandaPawPaw
47 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

Wow the Betty uncut scene is crazy!!!

Curious....................timestamp. :P

Also my cameo.

1.jpg.120852be767a5ec5300d63ea0dc627e5.jpg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, kuenfist said:

Good work.  But one thing i have to mention. A layer grain would do miracles. It looks like very good cleaning with neatvideo and deinterlacing with qtgmc. Ok the ai enhancement helps that the picture looks not flat. But with a layer of grain the authentic filmlook is coming back and than you have a perfect restauration from DVD to Blu Ray !!! Try it, it helps.

yeah i thought about it too, i  did try a few tests but it's time consuming, i hope it will be in the next Bruceploitation box set

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw
5 hours ago, lengkee said:

yeah i thought about it too, i  did try a few tests but it's time consuming, i hope it will be in the next Bruceploitation box set

I'm no expert but doesn't adding grain or grain in general increase file size by quite a bit?

• Like 1

kuenfist
1 minute ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I'm no expert but doesn't adding grain or grain in general increase file size by quite a bit?

Yes it does but not much.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Graysman said:

Hey @lengkee Is there any English subtitles available for  Bruce Lee the man the myth? Good work by the way

thanks, i'll check if i can find some subs, i'll let u know

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Graysman said:

Hey @lengkee Is there any English subtitles available for  Bruce Lee the man the myth? Good work by the way

I found some here. Not sure if they will sync up or not. :)

https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/imdbid-77850/sublanguageid-eng/moviename-bruce lee: the man, the myth

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 2

Graysman

Unfortunately these subs don't sync up on either Mandarin or the Canto tracks shame really

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Graysman said:

Unfortunately these subs don't sync up on either Mandarin or the Canto tracks shame really

Try theses ones , it's from the german dvd (the one i use) it's translated in English with google, it's better than nothing

Bruce.Lee.the.Man.the.Myth.1976.WS.Uncut.DVDRip.x264.AC3.3Audio-MoS-English.srt

Edited by lengkee
  • Like 1

and here is the link for the Carl Jones audio commentary track (you can mux it with the movie (with MKVToolNix GUI) thanks to carl !

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11yi4wHxc1zFmPghlruoslzTGb1Nw9dzB/view?usp=sharing

and a stand alone video with Carl's commentary :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10-mlBXtOzX6ett627wuRt2M6DRSEJPkt/view?usp=sharing

• Like 7

Graysman
14 hours ago, lengkee said:

and here is the link for the Carl Jones audio commentary track (you can mux it with the movie (with MKVToolNix GUI) thanks to carl !

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11yi4wHxc1zFmPghlruoslzTGb1Nw9dzB/view?usp=sharing

and a stand alone video with Carl's commentary :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10-mlBXtOzX6ett627wuRt2M6DRSEJPkt/view?usp=sharing

Still no good mostly not even coming on and I'm using VLC player it's a real shame as it's excellent quality too

Maybe @Yggdrasil Can Do something is subtitles are really top notch can't complain with his work 

• Sad 1

Yggdrasil
6 hours ago, Graysman said:

I'll sort it out tomorrow @Graysman after work tomorrow. It will be a quick fix, providing everything is all there.

• Like 3

Graysman
6 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

I'll sort it out tomorrow @Graysman after work tomorrow. It will be a quick fix, providing everything is all there.

Great James thanks

• Like 1

Yggdrasil
On 8/16/2024 at 5:22 AM, Graysman said:

Great James thanks

It's pretty tough. I noticed the English subs are dubtitles, and because I have no Chinese characters to work off, it'll be a dubtitled subtitled film.

Even the German subtitles is translated from the English audio.  

And because of the extra ball ache, I'll just time it to the Canto. Just timing to the English dub first before re-timing it to the Canto, the best I can.

• Like 3

saltysam

Hope this gets an SE edition from a boutique like 88 or Arrow rather than bundled into the next Clones set. Deserves it.

• Like 1

Yggdrasil
13 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Hope this gets an SE edition from a boutique like 88 or Arrow rather than bundled into the next Clones set. Deserves it.

I'll be glad, then I wouldn't spend my weekend on the bloody thing, hah.

• Haha 4