Life Gamble (DVD - IVL)

Guest venomchamber

Guest venomchamber

PICKED IT UP TODAY! :D

1) WOW! INCLUDES THE ORIGINAL THEATRICAL TRAILER!!!!!!!

(IN GREAT QUALITY TOO, NOT DAMAGED LIKE MASKED AVENGERS' WAS!) :eek YOU GUYS ARE GONNA LOVE THIS!

2) THE OPENING TITLES SEQUENCE IS MUCH LIKE THE BRAVE ARCHER's AND INTRODUCES THE CHARACTERS WITH THE SAME BACKGROUND AS THE INFAMOUS SOUTHERN SCREEN PIN-UP! (*see below)

:eek

3) THE ENGLISH BOOTLEG THAT HAS BEEN IN CIRCULATION FOR OVER DECADE WAS MISSING THE FIRST 4 MINUTES INCLUDING THE SCENE WITH LO MANG AND KUO CHUI'S INITIAL ENCOUNTER WHEN LO PROPOSITIONS KUO TO MAKE HIS KNIVES. THE SCENE WHEN CHIANG SHENG (HERE BILLED AS CHAO KANG-SHENG) AND LIN CHEN-CHI ARRIVE HAPPENS ABOUT 3 MINUTES 47 SECONDS INTO THE FILM. ;)

IMO: THIS RELEASE IS TREATED BETTER THAN GOLDEN ARM's WAS.

lifegamblecastpq6.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ShaKwon
THE ENGLISH BOOTLEG THAT HAS BEEN IN CIRCULATION FOR OVER DECADE WAS MISSING THE FIRST 4 MINUTES INCLUDING THE SCENE WITH LO MANG AND KUO CHUI'S INITIAL ENCOUNTER WHEN LO PROPOSITIONS KUO TO MAKE HIS KNIVES.

Are you going to keep your English dub version? How about the rest of you? Will you hold on to it?

I'm seriously thinking about pitching mine. That thing is a washed out eye sore.

Guest Ching li

This movie is somewhat like the brave archer, just a bunch of character jumbled in and if you leave the room for a brief second you'll be confused. I have the old english dubbed it wasn't the best, but it wasn't so bad that i couldn't see or understand what was the deal. With that said i'll give it another shot, but i think this movie is a bit overrated.

i think i,ll wait and see what other tittles DD and MB are going to release. you never know-- one of them might do this one--with the dub version.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns
i think i,ll wait and see what other tittles DD and MB are going to release. you never know-- one of them might do this one--with the dub version.

By then it'll be out of print. Judging Celestial's track record as of late.

Guest Steve Barr

It's like some Chang Cheh/Chu Yuan hybrid. Valuable jade has been stolen and the film covers the twists and twists and twists as man, woman, and cyborg try to get it for themselves. Lust, betrayal, secret weapons, and more secret weapons all collide in mid-air making for one of the most enjoyable Chang Cheh films I've seen. Highly recommended.

Guest stormybman
By then it'll be out of print. Judging Celestial's track record of late.

:lol !!

No doubt. Look... 10 more titles just went OOP!!!

:rollin !!!

>:

Archived