Rebel Moon (2023)

Karlos

Hmm, I'm not feeling this one. It has a few cool scenes in it, but I found the trailer kind of dull. I'll probably skip this or wait for it to come to disk and go way down in price. 

• Like 1

Is it just me or does this feel like a best of every SciFi movie ever made? Sure some of it looks pretty good but that's about it. Also those Space Nazis :laugh Since it's on Netflix I'll check it out eventually but my hopes aren't high.

I dare to compare this to 'The Creator' which looks and feels superior in every single way! Since both are not out yet we'll just have to wait and see.

Holy sh*t this is getting some insanely bad reviews :yociexp100: But it's on Netflix so I'm sure all the sheep will follow.

Doesn't help that for whatever reason they decided to release a PG-13 cut first. Which apparently lacks an entire hour of footage as opposed to the R-rated cut which will release some day eventually!?

I mean what's up with Snyder, his movies and those cuts? Is that his "thing" now. 

Not sure I wanna waste my time with this tbh...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, laagi said:

Holy sh*t this is getting some insanely bad reviews :yociexp100: But it's on Netflix so I'm sure all the sheep will follow.

Doesn't help that for whatever reason they decided to release a PG-13 cut first. Which apparently lacks an entire hour of footage as opposed to the R-rated cut which will release some day eventually!?

I mean what's up with Snyder, his movies and those cuts? Is that his "thing" now. 

Not sure I wanna waste my time with this tbh...

Yeah, I'm a big fan of his movies, but he does tend to release a shit version of his films first and then the better version later on. Not sure if it's the studio's fault or his, or both. Since this is his pet project, I guess it's his fault this time. I'm going to wait this time for the full version to release before I give it a shot. 

Turned this off after about an hour.I found it very slow and boring and the constant slow motion during the action sequences was getting on my nerves.

starschwar

After BVS, I learned my lesson, I'm staying away from Snyder stuff.  Sad, because I absolutely adore Watchmen.  But I've made peace with it, accepted it as a fluke.  At any rate - while I don't want to diminish anybody else's enjoyment of this film - I do feel compelled to share Auralnaut's retroactive take on what Snyder's Star Wars could have looked like.  It got more than a few laughs from me.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

I actually enjoyed this film in a very "It's nothing special" kind of way. I'm looking forward to the Director's Cut this summer because I feel like this version definitely needed fleshing out. It's biggest problem is that characters were introduced and then rushed. Very little exposition or exploration.

The plot itself and the action, I was absolutely fine with. I didn't find it nearly as boring as some. Although the action could really benefit from an R rating.
I think Boutella has chops and could really be something special given the right material. I'm hoping the next film in the series lets her soar a bit. Here she felt a little restrained. She's a very decent actress though, in my opinion. Ed Skrein has proved himself fairly decent as well, thogh most of his roles have been pretty cartoonish so far.

As for Ray Fisher, I didn't even know that was him.

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

Unless he's gonna give us the "Snyder Cut" right off the bat he can go and suck it as far as I'm concerned. It's just a childish behavior and I refuse to be a part of it!

Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

Drunken Monk

The Director's Cuts of both films are coming August 2nd... 

Posted (edited)

So who dared to indulge themselves in the 5+ hours DC of 'Rebel Moon'!? I hear they've added some titties, so definitely a selling point for our fury friend @PandaPawPaw.

Edited by laagi

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, laagi said:

So who dared to indulge themselves in the 5+ hours DC of 'Rebel Moon'!? I hear they've added some titties, so definitely a selling point for our fury friend @PandaPawPaw.

I'm not that easy!*

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952kt1zu99mwwllnkh0qpk

*OK I am.

• Haha 1

Drunken Monk
On 8/3/2024 at 4:36 PM, laagi said:

I asked the wife if she fancied giving it a go and she wasn't too enthused. Looks like I'll have to find five hours to myself where I can give them a watch.

• Haha 1

I asked the wife if she fancied giving it a go and she wasn't too enthused. Looks like I'll have to find five hours to myself where I can give them a watch.

But you did mention the new "feature", right? right?

Fight Club Hug GIF

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw

cat-buns.gif

Why eat out when you can eat at home...................errrrrrrrrr.....................yeah you get what I mean ahem.

• Confused 1

Drunken Monk
8 minutes ago, laagi said:

But you did mention the new "feature", right? right?

Fight Club Hug GIF

She more a violence gal, so I can probably win her over that way. She might balk at the titties.

• Haha 1