A Serbian Film (2010)

PandaPawPaw

So back in the day when it came out I heard a lot about how sick it was and it was actually on Youtube for a while so I thought I'd just sample it but I wish I hadn't!

Spoiler

The baby (animatronic) being raped still haunts me!). The amount of rape and vile stuff in this is just disgusting and I haven't even watched the whole of it, just bits of it and that was more than enough!

A Serbian Film Wiki

Has anyone here actually seen the whole film and can say it's a good film?

I wanted to write more but I feel bleh!

Edited by PandaPawPaw

Also while I don't agree on movies being banned/censored, I don't get why anyone would want to make something like this.

• Like 1

It's certainly a film that's hard to forget!

I personally didn't really care for it - I appreciated the anger of the filmmakers and it's genuinely well made. 

But it ends up buried in it's determination to offend.

And there's no kung fu.

• Haha 3

Drunken Monk

I found it a little "try hard." I agree with @Karlos that it's well made but it's obvious the film makers wanted to shock a little too much.

The "big reveal" at the end is utterly disturbing but it's actually pretty great as far as emotion does. It's super heavy. But I understand how many would be upset about it. It's like Oldboy times a million.

Not a terrible film but one I've only seen once. I don't have any interest in revisiting it. My lust fir disturbing films has died down a bit over the the years. I even passed up on Unearthed Films' recent release of August Underground.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Not a terrible film but one I've only seen once. I don't have any interest in revisiting it. My lust fir disturbing films has died down a bit over the the years. I even passed up on Unearthed Films' recent release of August Underground

Do you wish to watch the Men Behind the Sun films, or Bruce Le's Comfort Women?

• Confused 1

Unlike Serbian Film, I watched Salo three times, last time on the big screen in the open, and there's definitely more to the film then just the shock value.

A Serbian Film is pretentious. Seen it once and I'm pretty sure that was also the last time for me. 

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
2 hours ago, DrNgor said:

I’ve actually never heard of Comfort Women. What’s that all about?

I’ve seen Men Behind the Sun twist, I believe. My problem with that film is the animal cruelty, even if the cat/rats scene is fake. Though I’m not a hundred percent sure it is.

Drunken Monk
2 hours ago, DrNgor said:

I just looked it up and I’d definitely watch Comfort Women. It sounds quite unique in that it takes itself seriously but it notably sleazy.

I need to track down a copy (or look to the internet for a cheeky downloadable version. I’m not sure I actually want to buy it).

I wouldn’t watch that movie if you paid me to. One of the sickest, most vile pieces of garbage ever to be created. The people that made it should be ashamed of themselves.