I'm looking for a title of an old martial art movie.

Kung Fu Gonzo

Question

Kung Fu Gonzo

Hello people,

I hope that someone here can help me to find a title from an old martial arts movie from the 70s or early 80s.
I try my best to describe the movie as I can, cause watched it the last time in 1988/89.

as far I can remember, there are two brothers or friends and they have some discrepancy. The first one is a talented and calm fighter and the other one is more a big mouth.
The calm fighter will be hired by a man, who wants that the calm one have kill some criminals or conspirator or what ever. In any case the man is lying to him. The hero received a list of name or wanted letters and I think also a big reward was promised for him.
If I rember, noticed the client, that the two friends have some kind of disagreements and he hired the big mouth too, with the same list of names and promise. Or the braggart gets to know, that the good fighter was hired and he wants to do the same job, but the good didn’t allowed him, cause it’s too dangerous. But the braggart does it anyway.
What I know is, that the two friends don’t know that they have the same client.
I can remember, that the big mouth killed one of the wanted one in a alley and later appear the calm guy, see the dead body from the wanted one and is wondering, who killed him.
Or a other scene is, where a monk sit in his hut or little temple, in the forest and is praying / meditating, where he beats on a wodden chinese monk drum. The monk is a wanted too and will also be killed.
At the end from the movie, the friends a quarrel, where they fight and will interrupted by their client.
He explained the two, that he was looking for some idiots, who did the foolish job, to kill his old partners, cause he didn’t wanted to make his fingers dirty and he wants now to kill the two friends, cause they know too much.
There is the big showdown, where the friends fight together against him. They notice, that the evil boss is a very good fighter and the braggart was able to catch him from behind, hold his arms and legs (is clinging from behind) and call to his friend, for the final action. His friend hesitate first, but later he did a very hard kick and killed the evil boss with it. But the big mouth was from the fight very bad injured too (he got a lot hits from the villain) and died in the arms of his friend.

That is all what I remember. I hope that someone can indentifie this movie, which I’m looking for.

Edited by Kung Fu Gonzo

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• ShawAngela

• Kung Fu Gonzo

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Roving heroes, with Chi Kuan Chun as the calm guy and Li Yi Min as the big mouth one.

Edited by ShawAngela